Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm watching gameplay videos of this Guerilla knows how to make a pretty ass game I'll give it to them. I just wish they knew how to make character models and motions better and to make side quests that are good, and better writing. That was always my biggest gripe with the first game, shyt got boring after a while... also the melee combat was mid as hell.

Matter of fact did they improve the side quests and writing? I can see in the videos the characters are a lot less robotic in their movements so that's an improvement. Is the melee combat better?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm watching gameplay videos of this Guerilla knows how to make a pretty ass game I'll give it to them. I just wish they knew how to make character models and motions better and to make side quests that are good, and better writing. That was always my biggest gripe with the first game, shyt got boring after a while... also the melee combat was mid as hell.

Matter of fact did they improve the side quests and writing? I can see in the videos the characters are a lot less robotic in their movements so that's an improvement. Is the melee combat better?
Everything that you just listed having gripes with is an improvement in this one.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'll try to read as little as possible from the thread to not get spoiled. Some impressions after spending a couple of hours with this.

Holy shyt at how the game looks :wow: even in performance mode is impressive. Though Aloy's hair move like she's Medusa :pachaha:

This mothercuker Avad went straight into thirsting for Aloy as soon as you ran up to him :laff: :laff:

Already getting into some side missions and this Machine Strike game. This game is gonna take me weeks to complete :dead: :dead:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Everything that you just listed having gripes with is an improvement in this one.

I may not wait on a sale then and check it out. If developers make improvements I'll always give it a shot, I'm tough but fair.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FL6h_H8VEAg8L9t

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’ve already deleted the game…the series is just not for me but I don’t want to make the thread about my comments…my last post in here quoted @Grand Conde who gave a very accurate description as I said “for better or for worse”…if you enjoyed the first game you’ll love this one, if not you’ll notice some improvements but it’s still mostly the same…I just allowed myself to get hype and believe the changes were drastic

I have the same complaints after playing about 3-4 hours…I just can’t get into the character, story, or dialogue at all and most importantly the gameplay is just outdated to me…I was never impressed by the first one and that still remains the case after trying to keep an open-mind and drum up some excitement for this game…it’s just not for me nor should I have to spend 20 hours playing it to come to that conclusion…it is a beautiful looking game tho

my response is not to cause debate…I’m only responding bcuz I remember you were one of only a few posters who felt the same way about the first game as I did despite the praise it received…in any event, $70 shouldn’t break the bank if you want to take a chance and play it for yourself

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo, I’m currently smoking on some Truffle Cake and just started the game. I’m not even out of the opening monologue yet and already floored by the graphics and the controller’s vibration as she’s riding the machine. I’m literally seconds into this shyt :russ:

What am I in for bruhs?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just learning the Machine Strike game tutorials which is very pretty cool. It would be dope if you can play Machine Strike online against your friends/gamers.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I’ve already deleted the game…the series is just not for me but I don’t want to make the thread about my comments…my last post in here quoted @Grand Conde who gave a very accurate description as I said “for better or for worse”…if you enjoyed the first game you’ll love this one, if not you’ll notice some improvements but it’s still mostly the same…I just allowed myself to get hype and believe the changes were drastic

I have the same complaints after playing about 3-4 hours…I just can’t get into the character, story, or dialogue at all and most importantly the gameplay is just outdated to me…I was never impressed by the first one and that still remains the case after trying to keep an open-mind and drum up some excitement for this game…it’s just not for me nor should I have to spend 20 hours playing it to come to that conclusion…it is a beautiful looking game tho

my response is not to cause debate…I’m only responding bcuz I remember you were one of only a few posters who felt the same way about the first game as I did despite the praise it received…in any event, $70 shouldn’t break the bank if you want to take a chance and play it for yourself

I'll probably give it a chance. For the most part I didn't have a problem with the gameplay itself outside of the mid ass melee combat. It's just the story and characters were just very... cliche. Also as pretty as it is it felt off brand a lot too. I beat the first game, it's worth one playthrough, but when I saw people saying it was a GOAT level game I had to tell them to pump the brakes a little because it was obvious to me it could be A LOT better.