Honest Conversations About “BLACK JOBS”: Are We Competing with Immigrants for Jobs in 2024?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just an observation. Alot people who are normally in political threads, are quite absent in a thread on black economics. I've said it a million times on here. Alot Black people on here are democratic first, Black second.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The Republicans want them here for cheap labor!

The Dems and GOP both want them here! This little back and forth is political theatre for the ignorant.

What I’m saying is FUKK ALL THAT- why aren’t more of us moving into better fields, like the ones I listed, so “politicians” like Trump can’t even use that as a talking point?!

Like I mentioned earlier, if a bunch of young men in their late teens/twenties got into HVAC programs or trucking RIGHT NOW we would see/feel the effect in less than one generation. Black male median income would increase from just those two career choices. And if those young men got married ”Black household median income ($52,000)” would jump significantly and be much closer to the “American household median income ($72,000)”.

Marriage outside the wealthy is a dead institution outside of the very wealthy of Gen Z.

Plus, you saying that most blacks are uneducated, unskilled, and are inherently "lazy"? :stopitslime:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Just an observation. Alot people who are normally in political threads, are quite absent in a thread on black economics. I've said it a million times on here. Alot Black people on here are democratic first, Black second.

Preach.

I swear a lot of folks in here didn't have Civics or Economics in high school, much less collegiate level.
By the sound of some of these arguments, a lot didn't have history either.

The political … the economic philosophy of black nationalism only means that we have to become involved in a program of reeducation, to educate our people into the importance of knowing that when you spend your dollar out of the community in which you live, the community in which you spend your money becomes richer and richer, the community out of which you take your money becomes poorer and poorer. And because these Negroes, who have been misled, misguided, are breaking their necks to take their money and spend it with the Man, the Man is becoming richer and richer, and you're becoming poorer and poorer. And then what happens? The community in which you live becomes a slum. It becomes a ghetto. The conditions become rundown. And then you have the audacity to complain about poor housing in a rundown community, while you're running down yourselves when you take your dollar out. [applause]

And you and I are in a double trap because not only do we lose by taking our money someplace else and spending it, when we try and spend it in our own community we're trapped because we haven't had sense enough to set up stores and control the businesses of our community. The man who is controlling the stores in our community is a man who doesn't look like we do. He's a man who doesn't even live in the community. So you and I, even when we try and spend our money on the block where we live or the area where we live, we're spending it with a man who, when the sun goes down, takes that basket full of money in another part of the town. [applause]

So we're trapped, trapped, double-trapped, triple-trapped. Any way we go, we find that we're trapped. Any every kind of solution that someone comes up with is just another trap. But the political and economic philosophy of black nationalism…the economic philosophy of black nationalism shows our people the importance of setting up these little stores, and developing them and expanding them into larger operations. Woolworth didn't start out big like they are today; they started out with a dime store, and expanded, and expanded, and expanded until today they are all over the country and all over the world and they getting some of everybody's money.

Now this is what you and I – General Motors, the same way, it didn't start out like it is. It started out just a little rat-race type operation. And it expanded and it expanded until today it's where it is right now. And you and I have to make a start. And the best place to start is right in the community where we live. [applause]

So our people not only have to be reeducated to the importance of supporting black business, but the black man himself has to be made aware of the importance of going into business. And once you and I go into business, we own and operate at least the businesses in our community. What we will be doing is developing a situation, wherein, we will actually be able to create employment for the people in the community. And once you can create some employment in the community where you live, it will eliminate the necessity of you and me having to act ignorantly and disgracefully, boycotting and picketing some cracker someplace else trying to beg him for a job. [applause]

Anytime you have to rely upon your enemy for a job, you're in bad shape. [applause] When you — and he is your enemy. You wouldn't be in this country if some enemy hadn't kidnapped you and brought you here.

Took a shot at the both siders too

[applause] On the other hand, some of you think you came here on the Mayflower. [laughter]

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Marriage outside the wealthy is a dead institution outside of the very wealthy of Gen Z.

Plus, you saying that most blacks are uneducated, unskilled, and are inherently "lazy"? :stopitslime:
I ain’t never said that.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Is this true?!

The graph shows up at around ~44:00
The graph is not lying.

Diamond Dave and Data Dana though....They are doing a lot of narrative tricks, omissions, weird contexts, and outlier style analysis.

because they've slotted us into this particular space so we do have um highly skilled very you know excellent people in certain spaces but that's not the majority of our people when you go look at Asians they slotted them to be high income earners

^When I hear him talking like this, it's very hard to take him seriously.

It's a lot like my fellow Black Economic Nationalists, that want to see a Black version of Chinatown - without understanding the reality of those low/no-profit businesses. Same set of cats gonna complain about the high prices at the Black owned restaurants...

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The graph shows up at around ~44:00
The graph is not lying.

Diamond Dave and Data Dana though....They are doing a lot of narrative tricks, omissions, weird contexts, and outlier style analysis.

^When I hear him talking like this, it's very hard to take him seriously.

It's a lot like my fellow Black Economic Nationalists, that want to see a Black version of Chinatown - without understanding the reality of those low/no-profit businesses. Same set of cats gonna complain about the high prices at the Black owned restaurants...
Appreciate that breakdown

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Immigration is such a bs political talking point. but neither party plans on deviating from the norm.
Immigration numbers are dramatically different from one administration to the next.
one party just likes to talk about more aggressively

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was talking about the trades. Construction, roofing, crews doing roadwork. Black people used to do those jobs, now it’s all Latinos. Plumbing, electrical work, etc. All Latinos.

The jobs alotta dudes on here say that Blacks need to forego college and go to trade school to get.
Lots of small black owned businesses routinely get underbid by companies using illegal labor. They can hire twice as many people for less money. Because they aren't paying a decent wages.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
To see Black Democrats non-reaction to Biden telling them to their face he's replacing us with Hispanics. And then on day one he signs several immigration Executive orders allowing millions of migrants to poor across the border. After black people saved his Presidential campaign. I was done with Democrats after that.
:francis:

I got to give you this one that was a terrible answer from Biden.