Honest Conversations About “BLACK JOBS”: Are We Competing with Immigrants for Jobs in 2024?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
From my experience, black folks will work damn near any job if the pay is decent. All that shyt about "The illegals do the work nobody else wants to do" was always propaganda because nobody mentions that companies pay them a lot less to, "To do the work nobody else wants to do"

I haven't met the nikka that wouldn't do lawn work for $16-20 an hr, but I met plenty of nikkas that will refuse to do that shyt for $9-12 an hr.
Especially in this hot ass Florida sun. nikkas ain't doing roofing for $10 an hr either.

plus nobody wants to speak on the shytty ass quality of work 70% of them illegals be doing.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
He was talking about the trades. Construction, roofing, crews doing roadwork. Black people used to do those jobs, now it’s all Latinos. Plumbing, electrical work, etc. All Latinos.

The jobs alotta dudes on here say that Blacks need to forego college and go to trade school to get.
Now that you mentioned it, I think we only had one Hispanic in our class, but he was born here. But as soon as I started working commercial jobs, I immediately noticed not only the number of Hispanics working but how most of them couldn't speak English.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a time where farm work, domestic and low level service jobs were relegated to black people as a byproduct of discrimination, is this really the future you envision?

Black people left these jobs by willingly when they had options.

Last edited:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
It's not just blue collar jobs. Alot of black professionals depend on government jobs and minority sub contracts with companies that contract directly with gov, especially in MD/VA/DC.

White men don't want those jobs because they pay less than the cooperate counterparts, e.g. accounts at the department of education make less than accounts at Ernst & Young. That leaves those jobs available for black people to compete for and there's a solid black middle class here because of all the government agencies here.

But 2nd generation immigrants don't want to do lawn care and maid service like their parents did.

My personal observation is that more and more of the kids coming out of college getting entry level jobs are hispanic and african.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the posts in this thread regarding African Americans ability to compete with other groups is offensive. If these same posts were made by a white person, they would rightly be considered borderline or even outright racist. :hhh:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This whole premise of illegal latin people taking black jobs is racist and self hating as fukk. OP is pretty much agreeing that "black jobs" are a thing and they are the bottom of the barrel.

I dont like how they constructed that. But people are being let into the country to purposely driver down the wage people are making.

immigration at high rates is an anti working class measure.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Sadly, the responses in this thread is a reflection of most issues impacting blacks. Folks acting like they don't know what black jobs refer to. Then folks don't want to admit "we are" competing against immigrants. They are establishing more business and are gaining more wealth. People talk about cacs but immigrants are gentrifrying formerly majority black areas and turning it into their own. :comeon:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sadly, the responses in this thread is a reflection of most issues impacting blacks. Folks acting like they don't know what black jobs refer to. Then folks don't want to admit "we are" competing against immigrants. They are establishing more business and are gaining more wealth. People talk about cacs but immigrants are gentrifrying formerly majority black areas and turning it into their own. :comeon:

So black people are incapable of competing against not only cacs, but newly arrived immigrants?

What kind of self defeatist attitude is this? My successful AA friends would be ashamed of some of you dudes. :hhh:

They are out here kicking cacs ass in the corporate world and some of you are cowering from some newly arrived peasants who can barely speak English.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Some nikkahs actually believing bringing these illegals is gonna benefit black Americans :mjlol:

Like some of y'all holding on that these races is gonna form with us as some multi cultural coalition to fight against MAGA and these evil CACs :mjlol:

Snap out that fukking dream. They not here to assist us but compete with us like everyone else. That's the harsh reality.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
So black people are incapable of competing against not only cacs, but newly arrived immigrants?

What kind of self defeatist attitude is this? My successful AA friends would be ashamed of some of you dudes. :hhh:

They are out here kicking cacs ass in the corporate world and some of you are cowering from some newly arrived peasants who can barely speak English.
That's small thinking. Of course there are blacks doing exceptionally well. However, that's individually. When gentrification is happening, who's usually moving? I clearly didn't say blacks can't compete. I'm saying we are falling behind as a group compared to other groups. If you are selective, I'm not sure what else to say.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
From my experience, black folks will work damn near any job if the pay is decent. All that shyt about "The illegals do the work nobody else wants to do" was always propaganda because nobody mentions that companies pay them a lot less to, "To do the work nobody else wants to do"
This was always a weird thing to me. No one ever looks at the companies they look at the workers. Pay Americans , American wages. Illegals will work for less. They make it seem like people don't wanna work. They just don't wanna work for shyt wages and shyt treatment.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This was always a weird thing to me. No one ever looks at the companies they look at the workers. Pay Americans , American wages. Illegals will work for less. They make it seem like people don't wanna work. They just don't wanna work for shyt wages and shyt treatment.

exactly
I mean we're in the year 2024 and this still has to be constantly stated. :snoop: