Homicides in 1992 Set Record for L.A. County

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
U God said in an interview that if you was rocking Gold back in NY in them days then you had to of had a reputation of being nice with the hands or holding heat:demonic:

I didnt have to watch an interview my dad told me this daily. He always laughs at me wearing jewelry and nice sneakers telling me back in the day your quite cool self wouldn’t make it down the block with those on.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The only suburbs that really violent in the NYC area are the central Jersey spots

Irvington, Newark, East Orange, South Orange, the hood in Jersey City.

I think Asbury Park is a little crazy too right? @Dip

Might be some more.
Paterson too

Mt. Vernon, Yonkers, places in Long Island like Hempstead back then was probably crazy

New York burbs and small towns in Westchester, Long Island, North Jersey, Rockland was probably crazy in the crack era

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Paterson too

Mt. Vernon, Yonkers, places in Long Island like Hempstead back then was probably crazy

New York burbs and small towns in Westchester, Long Island, North Jersey, Richland was probably crazy in the crack era

Hempstead feel like MS 13 territory now. Back in the days I remember Main St being all black.

Oh snap how can I forget Newburgh NY.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Paterson too

New York burbs and small towns in Westchester, Long Island, North Jersey, Rockland was probably crazy in the crack era
The only suburbs that really violent in the NYC area are the central Jersey spots

Irvington, Newark, East Orange, South Orange, the hood in Jersey City.

I think Asbury Park is a little crazy too right? @Dip

Might be some more.
Jersey suburbs be having that petty violence forreal.

Places like Bridgeton at point were bad.

Atlantic city....

And the shyt don't really be gangs..just young dumb nikkas..even the white kids be doing dirt.

Dumb shyt like getting motel rooms on the white horse pike, doing work out of the rooms,cops watch em then they get busted with 200bags of dope:mjlol:

Suburban nikkas with no real father figure do the dumbest shyt,. :francis:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
What’s more violent than murder? :dahell:
I’m way more cautious of my surroundings & where I’m at past a certain time of day in the suburbs than I am in Atlanta.

It’s not too bad, but there are definitely parts of Stone Mountain I’ll stay away from after midnight like North & South Hairston Road.
You said they were like la suburbs. They're not

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We have different definitions of violent.

The suburbs of atl are about the same as the ones in Dallas, just smaller

Dallas itself doesn’t even have a higher murder rate than Dekalb County, neither does Fort Worth. I just looked it up. And both Dallas and Fort Worth have a higher population. No, the suburbs of Atlanta are not the same as Dallas. Different on so many levels. Really can’t even compare them.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Dallas itself doesn’t even have a higher murder rate than Dekalb County, neither does Fort Worth. I just looked it up. And both Dallas and Fort Worth have a higher population. No, the suburbs of Atlanta are not the same as Dallas. Different on so many levels. Really can’t even compare them.
You mis understood what I said.I said the suburbs of Atlanta are similar to the ones in Dallas. As far as homicides go. Neither are on the level as la suburbs

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a very violent time. Imagine being robbed for tennis shoes and starter coats on your way to school.

I remember even walking to the corner store was scary. People were just off the chain.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Sadly yes. The part of Stone Mountain near tucker & Gwinnett isn’t as bad as the rest of Stone Mountain

These Are The 10 Murder Capitals Of Georgia For 2019 - RoadSnacks

These Are The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In Georgia For 2018

Bro I don’t sit and gloat about what cities are crime ridden like some folks do on here. These nikkas in south Fulton County & DeKalb County are fukking wild. The suburbs are way worse crime wise than the actual city of Atlanta.

Wouldn’t say way worse breh. Dekalb and Atlanta about the same, now I’m pretty sure in 20 years it will be way worse tho. South Fulton ain’t that bad, it’s just as many areas like Sandtown and Cascade-Palmetto as it is areas like Shady Park and Godby Rd. down there. South Fulton ain’t COA Atlanta, but it still is very much SWATS in culture, middle class Black people with a few semi rough areas here and there. Honestly to me it was worse back in the day, when Washington Rd was pretty shady, Red Oak was a no go and the old Boat Rock Projects was still up. All that’s gone now. Replaced with either an empty field or some new subdivision. It’s actually been gentrified, it’s just been done by other Black people.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The 80’s/early 90’s was scary as fukk almost everywhere it seemed.

I’m a VA dude...757...P-town. It was wild in my city back then. All types of shootouts and robberies and killing over nothing. Richmond VA was worse. But I guess it was kinda like that everywhere. Crack epidemic was no joke.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You mis understood what I said.I said the suburbs of Atlanta are similar to the ones in Dallas. As far as homicides go. Neither are on the level as la suburbs

Bro you really can’t compare any of them. So many different factors when it comes to these debates, it’s impossible to have an actual discussion about this shyt. Location, size, age, proximity to other cities..etc.

LA is LA breh, it’s been the faucet for the streets since the late 70’s. Where do young brehs with nuts and street ambitions who don’t know the right “guy” in their town go to to find that “guy”? LA. Young brehs stack up just to go out there and post for a few weeks/months with the sole intention of networking. Ain’t no other town like that. I don’t even pay attention to that LA gang shyt, it’s interesting to a point, but personally what I think made the streets out there was the crazy access to work, real work, real numbers. Metric ton shyt. Waterbead Bo meeting his cartel connect at a fukking car wash type shyt. You pull up a regular nikka getting ready for Saturday night, and you leave a fukking hood Billionaire.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Today, nikkaz can post up in the crib, go live and talk shyt, but be scared as fukk.

Them numbers are just insane.

Just goin' to the store, there was a good chance, you werent gonna make it home.

Said the same thing. I remember having to take the bus and having to walk through other nikkas hoods in ATL. :sadcam: Even clicked up, you had to be on your Ps and Qs.