Homicides in 1992 Set Record for L.A. County

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Bro you really can’t compare any of them. So many different factors when it comes to these debates, it’s impossible to have an actual discussion about this shyt. Location, size, age, proximity to other cities..etc.

LA is LA breh, it’s been the faucet for the streets since the late 70’s. Where do young brehs with nuts and street ambitions who don’t know the right “guy” in their town go to to find that “guy”? LA. Young brehs stack up just to go out there and post for a few weeks/months with the sole intention of networking. Ain’t no other town like that. I don’t even pay attention to that LA gang shyt, it’s interesting to a point, but personally what I think made the streets out there was the crazy access to work, real work, real numbers. Metric ton shyt. Waterbead Bo meeting his cartel connect at a fukking car wash type shyt. You pull up a regular nikka getting ready for Saturday night, and you leave a fukking hood Billionaire.
My bad you right about everything you said in this post. I wasn't thinking about it that way. I was just looking at numbers not actual variables and other stuff

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the 80s/90s violent outbreaks was due to the drug game.. it was at its peak back then..

When old heads dump on young nikkas, its really because it seems as if the younger dudes are killing over nothing..

In Chicago, the drug game isn't half of what it was back in the 90s.. Also, these dudes are fighting among themselves here.. You can have two different "cliques" a block apart, when back in the 90s, we had "sets" that was unified for blocks..

Yes there was way more murders 20 years ago, but it was an identifiable pattern to it..

We got stories here of old people walking their dogs getting shot..

Kids getting shot.. 0a

Bellwood..:francis:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
This is slightly off topic but I noticed that in tune suburbs, Atleast in Dallas, almost all of the homicides are young young nikkas, where in the city alotta the homicides are older nikkas like 30s n late 20s.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The only suburbs that really violent in the NYC area are the central Jersey spots

Irvington, Newark, East Orange, South Orange, the hood in Jersey City.

I think Asbury Park is a little crazy too right? @Dip

Might be some more.
I wouldnt consider any of those cities central jersey except Asbury Park
AP is gentrifying but the hood there isn’t nice

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The 80’s/early 90’s was scary as fukk almost everywhere it seemed.

I’m a VA dude...757...P-town. It was wild in my city back then. All types of shootouts and robberies and killing over nothing. Richmond VA was worse. But I guess it was kinda like that everywhere. Crack epidemic was no joke.

I’ve seen the murder rates for Richmond and there was a massive drop.

Even in the early 2000s the murder rate for Richmond was on murder cap level.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Yeah but what is commonly left out of this discussion is how globalization( large scale shift of manufacturing / labor intense jobs to overseas), played a pivotal role in expediting the crime wave during the height of crack epidemic.
Facts...and we’ve been dealing with the bi product of consistent globalization ever since....

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Suburbs of cities are violent because Gentrification has long been underway.....

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I’ve seen the murder rates for Richmond and there was a massive drop.

Even in the early 2000s the murder rate for Richmond was on murder cap level.
Yeah Richmond is waaaaay nicer now. Back in the days it was called the murder capital for a minute. Around the early 90’s I remember it being on the news that it had the highest murder rate in the country for cities in its population range.

1994, there was 161 homicides in Richmond, a city of 200,000.

Richmond’s worst year? ‹ CHPN

There was the Gilpin massacre, where a guy murdered a 14 year old pregnant girl and her whole family...2 parents and 3 young siblings in the projects.

Sorry, this content is not available in your region.

Richmond is the only place where I actually saw the cliched crackhead jumping on a car trying to wash the windows.

Daps
Yeah but what is commonly left out of this discussion is how globalization( large scale shift of manufacturing / labor intense jobs to overseas), played a pivotal role in expediting the crime wave during the height of crack epidemic.

This country has always had a problem with paying workers a livable wage. Trump wants to sell this pipe dream of having all the factories here, but companies don't want to pay workers, or give vacation time, healthcare, a safe work environment, breaks etc.

When you look at the auto industry, the US was able to capitalize on WW2 blowing Europe and Japan to smitherings. Once they got back on their feet, and created better cars, folks started buying those instead. If you ask most people if they would rather drive a Chevy or a Honda, Honda wins.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Yeah. And dudes wonder why the crime bill got passed :snoop:

and that's just homicides.

post the figures for violent crimes and your head will explode.

Because your friends your racist ass friends The Clintons & Joe Biden decided to pander to racist Whites by locking up Black youths, instead of investing in jobs and schools for people who were living in hell.

Yet the Clinton Crime Bill gets ultimate hate on here

I’m not saying it was perfect , but we had major cities averaging 1000+ murders a year in the late 80s/early 90s:damn:

Because they took the jobs and the schools sucked.

Maybe they should've listened to Bernie

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Shiiiiiiit, damn near 2,600 homicides. That was almost 3 times as much as Chicago in '92:damn:

shyt, NYC had over 2,000 homicides in '92.

But this generation gets blamed for gunplay:mjlol:

nikkaz was way more ruthless in the 90s
Crime is increasing steadily for the past 7 years. Wonder what will they say/think about the lte 10s and early 20s in a couple decades.