Homeowners fuming after receiving increased property tax assessments

Daps
An extra $1000 goes a long way goofy
Cash app me $1k since it's nothing big coli baller

just like, i thought. scroll up and read what i already posted. you not wanting to pay or you not having it is nobodies issue but your own. that doesn't mean somebody wronged you. go ask your mom, i don't do handouts to strangers :mjlol:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
just like, i thought. scroll up and read what i already posted. you not wanting to pay or you not having it is nobodies issue but your own. that doesn't mean somebody wronged you. go ask your mom, i don't do handouts to strangers :mjlol:
If you don't have an extra thousand dollars to give away just say that coli baller

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Sometimes I think about selling my home, and getting a Class C Motorhome. But I guess they depreciate in value, just like any other automobile. Then I heard it's a lot more too it, especially if that's gonna be your only vehicle. Personally, I would like to tow my medium size SUV with me from one major metro area to the other, learn a little about each city, do grocery shopping, recreation,etc..., without having to take my RV everywhere with me. But it sounds to good to be true, and I sure don't want to be jumping out the pot, and into the fire.

But these property taxes may force me to jump on out there anyway.

Daps
give millions to banks, businesses, and Ukraine but don’t give tax cuts to your citizens
they actually do give a "cut" on property taxes. there are various exemptions and they even lower the assessment when the value goes down. so it seems fair to me. i've had my taxes lowered based on the market, won appeals based off actual paperwork and not just "i don't want to pay" and also had tax doubled based on the market. so it jusy varies year to year

i get it, i don't be wanting to pay extra either but i'm not gonna act like homeownership is supposed to be some neverending occurence of wins that is owed to me.... a lot of people will warn you that homeownership has cons, some even call it a money pit lol.

just know what you are doing and be ready :ye:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
if you dont have it or have to take one less vacation that is one thing....that doesn't mean something wrong is being done to you

cuz yall damn sure aint saying nothing when it gets adjusted downward and you paying $200 less a month :mjlol: yall know what it is

It is wrong, because corporations are buying up houses and driving up the price. This isn’t natural appreciation. So because Zillow decides to start buying shyt up that means normal folks have to feel the burden?

Plus it’s not normal for folks homes to go up 50k to 100k two years in a row. That’s a huge leap and folks salaries haven’t gone up as fast to account for it.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
. When people harp on and on about owning being better in renting, they never mention the part about property taxes being so variable if your market is hot.
Not sure why this is a rent vs buy debate, the increase in property taxes is going to effect renters just as much and just as fast.

Daps
It is wrong, because corporations are buying up houses and driving up the price. This isn’t natural appreciation. So because Zillow decides to start buying shyt up that means normal folks have to feel the burden?

Plus it’s not normal for folks homes to go up 50k to 100k two years in a row. That’s a huge leap and folks salaries haven’t gone up as fast to account for it.

it's not a huge leap bro. yall keep coming up with these numbers that if you plug into a property tax calculator would end up being like a $500-1000 adjustment lol. it just makes it seem like whining. you shouldn't need a salary increase to cover your example when your mortgage is based off only 1/3 of your salary (as is the general qualification for a mortgage)

anyway, i might be all alone on this one. i get the complaining but for me, it didn't make or break me so it's only so much i can complain personally. ima let yall have it

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
This is something to look for and pay attention. I’ve been saying the interest rate increase isn’t going to anything to the market but a bunch of people going behind on their mortgage or behind on property taxes because they can no longer afford the payment . I don’t think it will cause the big crash y’all been looking for but it’s about to shake up the housing market in middle to lower income areas. Stay tuned.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why this is a rent vs buy debate, the increase in property taxes is going to effect renters just as much and just as fast.
It is not a rent vs buy debate, I was merely making the point that people don't seem to understand that buying isn't just "Owning" and is strictly better. People buy into homes today that may work just fine on 45k. Let your market get hot or the city invest in the area for revitalization and your property tax as well as the general cost of other things going up (Nicer amenities, maybe metered parking and other things were added) and suddenly you need closer to 60k to maintain the same quality of life but your wage isn't catching up.

Renting gets you end-of-lease increases whereas owning means you might have just had roof or stucco work done, if you have an HOA you may have to pay extra for lawnwork, whatever...point being you then get hammered with a property tax increase that does nothing for you. Your house increasing in value means nothing unless you use it like a credit card or sell it. If you do neither of those, you lost money on something you "own." There are way more variables. Just because someone can say afford a $2000 rent doesn't mean they can afford a $1400 mortgage. There are a lot of costs associated with it and folks don't understand how often property taxes instantly breaks a persons budget on a spot they thought they could afford for years to come.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
it's not a huge leap bro. yall keep coming up with these numbers that if you plug into a property tax calculator would end up being like a $500-1000 adjustment lol. it just makes it seem like whining. you shouldn't need a salary increase to cover your example when your mortgage is based off only 1/3 of your salary (as is the general qualification for a mortgage)

anyway, i might be all alone on this one. i get the complaining but for me, it didn't make or break me so it's only so much i can complain personally. ima let yall have it

Bruh, most people out here are check to check. That may not be you, but that shyt gonna hurt a lot of folks. You hand waving away an unexpected $2000 drop in folks income like it’s just normal. Folks move out of apartments because the rent goes up all the time.

Last edited: