Homeowners fuming after receiving increased property tax assessments

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
That does not matter. Their effective cost of home ownership went up for them. When people harp on and on about owning being better in renting, they never mention the part about property taxes being so variable if your market is hot. The only reason to celebrate your house getting more expensive is if you are selling it soon. The problem is will you be able to afford another home after you sell the first one?

This.

And as a matter of fact this type of thing also accelerates gentrification.

I watched this happen in real-time to DC residents over 20 years ago.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Everyone doesn't want to die in a senior village. Most seniors want to pass their home to their kids and selling isn't a option they dont want to take.

Bingo.. and your house is used as collateral

This country is shyt, but we have millions and billions to give to Ukraine

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Sell my house for the EXTRA 100k and go to an elder community where my old ass should be since I can’t take care of the yard

wise up :gucci:

:what:
Some of y’all just post without knowing what you’re talking about. Look at how much Independent living facilities or Assisted living facilities cost per month. They’d probably be paying the same or more if they moved to a retirement community.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Some of y’all just post without knowing what you’re talking about. Look at how much Independent living facilities or Assisted living facilities cost per month. They’d probably be paying the same or more if they moved to a retirement community.

It’s crazy

My dad in his final days of battling cancer couldn’t even be put in hospice care center but only at his house because he had great insurance and a great pension and social security

He would have been looking at $175 per day for care in the facility and I was like fukk no

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

People living in their parents basement or apartment dwellers commenting about things they only "read" about. Its not that simple.

Daps
Sell my house for the EXTRA 100k and go to an elder community where my old ass should be since I can’t take care of the yard

Are you insane or just real cocky? I own a house and it’s worth 100 more than I bought it for. But I don’t see any money unless I sell it. I buy a new house and try to cash in on that 100 k. Guess what genius all other other houses are now 100 k more also. So I’m fukked. I don’t win if I sell off if all other houses have gone up. 125$ is real money when gas is 4.40 a gallon out here and everything has gone up. I swear some of you don’t live in reality and only see “100k” and thing People see that. What’s a 100 k if everything is up?

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Land is one of the most finite resources we have.
and yet we are not even close to being out of it.
The Midwest and plains of the flyover states have plenty of space.

We wouldnt allow billionaires like Bill Gates to own massive acres of land if there was a serious concern.

Its simply another way to concentrate wealth in the hands of the few, and put the tax burden on the many.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

Who said they couldn’t take of the yard and what if you don’t want to live in an elder to community and you want to stay in the house you worked hard to pay off?

I’ve always been of the belief that there should be a cap on how much property taxes can increase year over year for existing homeowners.