Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Something ain't right with this team
Championship hangover, plus this squad has been dominant for so long that they're not going to be tuned in every game during the regular season against every team looking to make a statement against them (opposition teams would figuratively have the Warriors circled on their calender). I would like to see them make a play for another big man though. They need size/physicality out there and Looney hasn't exactly been great to start the season.

I liked what I saw from the lineup of:

Steph
Poole
Moody
Kuminga
Dray.

They were making the right reads on both ends, but it wasn't really bearing any fruits because the Pistons were on tonight. More of the lineup going forward and good things will happen.

Daps
Wiggins was great over the first couple of games, but ever since then his performances have ranged from uneventful to horrible. He can't be the "second best player" if he's not consistent like this team needs him to be. He's the only guy on the team right in the middle of his prime (without much mileage nor any notable injury history), so he needs to take it upon himself to do better. He has fewer excuses not to perform than anyone else.

He's not asked to do much on offense so there shouldn't be any reason why he can't be consistent in that role.

Daps
If Wiseman hadn’t played a single minute this season the Warriors likely still have the same record. :dead: At all this Wiseman talk when this team has bigger issues.
The sample size of games isn't large enough to be making any statements like this (changing one role player out isn't going to drastically change a 3-4 record), never mind the fact their record is really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. It's how they're playing, and Wiseman's play has been one of the biggest causes for concern. If they had a big man who could actually defend, and didn't need to be coddled on offense, they would look a lot better.

The majority of the other factors like Klay's poor form, Wiggins' play falling off, and the lack of effort and consistency are things that can correct themselves as the season goes on and into the playoffs. The same can't be said for Wiseman, it's not like he can just rekindle play that he never had.

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
So nobody gonna mention how atrocious Looney has been on defense and can’t make a fukking layup to save his life.

Daps

Interesting choice of words from Kerr. Let's hope to see more lineups that move the ball and fight on defense; this is the part of the season where Kuminga and Moody need to get as much burn as possible. They've both shown a willingness to do both those things.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The sample size of games isn't large enough to be making any statements like this (changing one role player out isn't going to drastically change a 3-4 record), never mind the fact their record is really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. It's how they're playing, and Wiseman's play has been one of the biggest causes for concern. If they had a big man who could actually defend, and didn't need to be coddled on offense, they would look a lot better.

The majority of the other factors like Klay's poor form, Wiggins' play falling off, and the lack of effort and consistency are things that can correct themselves as the season goes on and into the playoffs. The same can't be said for Wiseman, it's not like he can just rekindle play that he never had.

Wiseman isn’t going to make or break this Warrior team winning or losing games this season. This team just won a championship with one big on the roster. You are overrating his impact on this team for your agenda. Like I said there are bigger issues you could be addressing endlessly.

Daps
Wiseman isn’t going to make or break this Warrior team winning or losing games this season. This team just won a championship with one big on the roster. You are overrating his impact on this team for your agenda.
It's not about "overrating his impact", it's pointing out something that is obvious to anyone being honest with themselves. This team going into another postseason with only one big man is not a wise decision. They only got lucky last year that Looney was able to stay healthy and upped his play. It'd be foolish for them to think the same luck will be on their side all over again. It's not something a contending squad should do.

It's hilarious how the goal-posts for Wiseman have changed constantly over the last three years to now where dudes aren't even really defending his play anymore, they're just inadvertently saying that it's not all his fault. This nxgga has been outplayed by damn near every center he's come up against this season (along with the layup lines he's given every team), and y'all are still trying to find ways to cover for him.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It's not about "overrating his impact", it's pointing out something that is obvious to anyone being honest with themselves. This team going into another postseason with only one big man is not a wise decision. They only got lucky last year that Looney was able to stay healthy and upped his play. It'd be foolish for them to think the same luck will be on their side all over again. It's not something a contending squad should do.

It's hilarious how the goal-posts for Wiseman have changed constantly over the last three years to now where dudes aren't even really defending his play anymore, they're just inadvertently saying that it's not all his fault. This nxgga has been outplayed by damn near every center he's come up against this season (along with the layup lines he's given every team), and y'all are still trying to find ways to cover for him.
I haven’t moved any goal post. My stance this entire time was the expectations you and others had for Wiseman were to high and now y’all are upset he isn’t having that kind of impact this early in the season. Kid has barely played. He is going to need more time.

Daps
I haven’t moved any goal post. My stance this entire time was the expectations you and others had for Wiseman were to high and now y’all are upset he isn’t having that kind of impact this early in the season. Kid has barely played. He is going to need more time.
I didn't have any expectations for him because I knew from the jump drafting him was the wrong play. He's not even having the impact of an average player (even scrubs like DeAndre Jordan are getting the best of him), let alone a #2 pick who was supposed to be the next generational big man. You keep saying he needs more time, but he's not going to change who he is. I keep needing to reiterate this.

He's not going to suddenly wake up one day and realize he's 7ft and start playing like it. He's not suddenly going to wake up one day and be purposeful with what he does on the floor.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Wiseman hadn’t played a single minute this season the Warriors likely still have the same record. :dead: At all this Wiseman talk when this team has bigger issues.
He’s an easy scapegoat for fan boys. It’s clear Steve Kerr can’t coach, Klay isn’t himself, Draymond is useless, and they’ve spent money on guys who aren’t moving the needle (Jamychal Green-washed, Divencenzo-hurt).

The same people blaming Wiseman are the same ones who said he wasn’t any good in the first place. He’s not playing major minutes and he’s not playing with the best players, so his +/- stats don’t mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.