Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
We question Meyers and called him all sorts of names last season because he didn’t budge off his stance and did nothing at the trade deadline.. Dubs still won fukkin chip.. I’m not questioning them mofos no more..

If Weisman is here past the trade deadline then he’s here to stay that all im gonna say
They went into the playoffs with only one legitimate big, who's been injured every season (had multiple hip operations), and is of below-league average talent. The front office got incredibly lucky that he didn't get injured and that he actually stepped up his game. I can't remember the last time a franchise willingly went into the playoffs carrying only one big man, and that big being a fringe NBA player.

And that's to go along with all the other players who were G-League/end-of-bench talent (GP2, Chiozza, JTA, DLee and Bjelica), the rookies (Moody and Kuminga) and players who couldn't stay on the floor and/or suffered major injuries (Klay, Iggy, Otto and Draymond).

The front office couldn't have put them in a worst possible position to compete.

Even Kerr, himself, said it was a miracle that playing group managed to win. It's one of, if not the most improbable championship run I've seen, and that's no thanks to Myers.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
They went into the playoffs with only one legitimate big, who's been injured every season (had multiple hip operations), and is of below-league average talent. The front office got incredibly lucky that he didn't get injured and that he actually stepped up his game. I can't remember the last time a franchise willingly went into the playoffs carrying only one big man, and that big being a fringe NBA player.

And that's to go along with all the other players who were G-League/end-of-bench talent (GP2, Chiozza, JTA, DLee and Bjelica), the rookies (Moody and Kuminga) and players who couldn't stay on the floor and/or suffered major injuries (Klay, Iggy, Otto and Draymond).

The front office couldn't have put them in a worst possible position to compete.

Even Kerr, himself, said it was a miracle that playing group managed to win. It's one of, if not the most improbable championship run I've seen, and that's no thanks to Myers.

At the end of the day it worked… let’s just hope they don’t double down on their inaction…

I still say losing OPJ and GP2 in the off season was huge..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day it worked… let’s just hope they don’t double down on their inaction…

I still say losing OPJ and GP2 in the off season was huge..
Those losses were inevitable, don’t think too hard about it

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To win a championship things have to go to your way. The Celtics beating the bucks was just as important as well, timing is everything

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

whoa, easy on the Loon slander. Loon is a legit NBA player. He doesnt stand out but he can defend/switch very well, he can rebound, he can screen, he can make the right pass, and he has high BBIQ. He's definitely not a fringe player. Theres a reason why he's always leading in team +/-

but i agree with everything else. the FO is pushing its luck really hard. Jordan looked amazing with and w/o steph last season. and Kuminga was literally torching everyone whenever he got more 15 mins+ of playing time. Even Jimmy Butler, an All-defensive wing, had issues defending him I wonder if playing a lineup that does nothing but spam PnR between 2 players, while turning the other 3 players into spectators is helping or hurting them... :jbhmm:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that yall got your daily dose of Wiseman hate out of the way, let’s talk about how Wiggins continues to contribute like a legit all star. He’s entering the peak of his prime.

I thought Wiggins would be a good fit, just not this great. Being Robin is exactly what he needed. I assume they have a handshake deal in place to increase his money later on

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I still don't get the level of hate on Wiseman. With young players focus on the positives and hope to see improvement on the negatives through the season as they get more playing time and experience. Wiseman showed a good touch on the mid-range. He did a better job of setting screens last night. Showed he can run the floor and possibly get easy baskets with his athleticism. Defensively he's lost but at least he realizes he's fukking up and appears to care. It takes a long time to rid the bad habits of trying to block everything. Also doesn't help playing so much of his time with Poole who is also bad defensively and Moody who is young and learning.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't get the level of hate on Wiseman. With young players focus on the positives and hope to see improvement on the negatives through the season as they get more playing time and experience. Wiseman showed a good touch on the mid-range. He did a better job of setting screens last night. Showed he can run the floor and possibly get easy baskets with his athleticism. Defensively he's lost but at least he realizes he's fukking up and appears to care. It takes a long time to rid the bad habits of trying to block everything. Also doesn't help playing so much of his time with Poole who is also bad defensively and Moody who is young and learning.
only way for him to improve is to get live game reps, if dude is still this horrendous defensively in March then it will be alarming but I'm not gonna freak out in game 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.