Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
- Donte is a role player, only signed as a stop-gap to take over GP2's role.
- Kuminga showed how great he was last season in almost every single situation he was put in.

It's patently ridiculous to compare either of them to someone who was drafted #2 overall, was projected to be the next generational big man, and the guy to lead this franchise into its next period of dominance. Yet here we are in his third season and we're still talking about how he can't set screens properly and being a complete liability on defense. The fact you're using an adjective of "exciting" for Wiseman tells me you're not seeing him for what he is, and you're blinded by a couple of rim-roll plays, which any big man could capitalize on, as some indication of him being something of worth.

And although it may not be your intention, you're throwing Kuminga under the bus in the process, when long before he was even on the team, Wiseman was stinking up every lineup he was in during his rookie season. We've seen what Kuminga is capable of when surrounded by like-minded personnel; we've seen how aggressive he is; we've seen his off-ball movement and sacrificing his body to stick to the principles of the system; we've seen how fluid the offense functions when he's put on the floor with players on the same time; we've seen him lock up all different types of players; we've seen him play with purpose and direction.

Nobody can say the same for Wiseman.

Of course, it's an agenda -- it's an agenda of trying to get folks like you to see what's actually happening, instead of sticking your head in the proverbial like the organization is doing. They're literally out there coddling his ass, purely running PnR and abandoning the system (which is partly the reason why those lineups are struggling to build any momentum). Even Steph made a joke out of it when asked if they were going to keep running PnR with Wiseman.
this.

It's a diet version of D'antoni's and Quin Snyder's offense. it's losing basketball, but it gives you numbers so everyone ooohs and aaaahs over it until it's playoff time and we're looking at each other, wondering why it's not working anymore

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Trevion on the SCDubs!

7jugn7d85uv91.jpg

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
this.

It's a diet version of D'antoni's and Quin Snyder's offense. it's losing basketball, but it gives you numbers so everyone ooohs and aaaahs over it until it's playoff time and we're looking at each other, wondering why it's not working anymore
For 80% of the regular season last year, you and Gil were convinced we couldn’t win a chip with Wiggins on the roster. Wiggins was receiving the same hate after wins and losses that Wiseman is currently receiving. I’m just gonna let the season play out. If Wiseman is the sole reason that we don’t win a chip, I’ll give y’all a Pat on the back for predicting the teams downfall :manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For 80% of the regular season last year, you and Gil were convinced we couldn’t win a chip with Wiggins on the roster. Wiggins was receiving the same hate after wins and losses that Wiseman is currently receiving. I’m just gonna let the season play out. If Wiseman is the sole reason that we don’t win a chip, I’ll give y’all a Pat on the back for predicting the teams downfall :manny:
Not hearing a peep about Wiggins anymore

:banderas:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Eh, i'd say about 40% of the regular season. don’t really care about a Pat on the back. This is the internet, not real life. i'm not losing sleep if im wrong. But thanks for the offer :salute:

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hawks come to San Fran the day after New Years. I’ll be off & I’ve always wanted to attend an away game & cheer on my hawks :lupe:

Tickets aren’t too expensive. If I were to come out there do y’all think tickets would be even cheaper closer to game day? I know teams drive up prices to see certain teams.

Tickets for a magic game in Atlanta would probably be like $75. Those same tickets would be $234 if y’all came to town. Hawks aren’t a marquee team yet, so prices shouldn’t be that high out there regardless.

khross415

All Star
Daps
Hawks come to San Fran the day after New Years. I’ll be off & I’ve always wanted to attend an away game & cheer on my hawks :lupe:

Tickets aren’t too expensive. If I were to come out there do y’all think tickets would be even cheaper closer to game day? I know teams drive up prices to see certain teams.

Tickets for a magic game in Atlanta would probably be like $75. Those same tickets would be $234 if y’all came to town. Hawks aren’t a marquee team yet, so prices shouldn’t be that high out there regardless.

id juss lock yo shyt in now brodie , its game after New Years alot could change but pricing dropping by that much were you feel like you saving alot i doubt it.

Daps
:mjlol:

You ain't slick with this shyt. As if he'll ever see enough meaningful minutes in the playoffs to be the "sole reason". But you knew that already.

Last edited:
Daps
Not hearing a peep about Wiggins anymore

:banderas:
Wiggins proved himself during the playoff run, but that still doesn't mean all the criticism about his play during the season and parlaying it with what he's done before being in GS weren't true.

He was looked at as a career-loser and a bust (in relation to his expectations).

His turnaround really speaks to this system/culture. He deserves props for reinventing himself but he wouldn't have done this on any other squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.