Hogwarts Legacy sells 12 million in two weeks

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Sony will be the biggest beneficiary of this. They had a huge exclusive advertising deal with the game which made it almost look like it was exclusive on PS5. They will sell a shyt ton of consoles alone based on this game.

It's. What. We. Do.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
edit fake
:mjlol:
cv3qsmjxijka1.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
there were some people on the internet thinking this would tank because of the protest :dead:

Its like when i see people celebrating celebrities getting ‘cancelled’, the only ones who truly get cancelled are the ones who people weren’t supporting to begin with.

Anyone valuable, putting out good product, cannot be cancelled unless they do some heinous or illegal shyt. Even people that were publicly “cancelled” are still out there making money.

Remember when everyone wanted Bobby Kotick fired and eliminated from the gaming industry? Now they’re cheering for him possibly making over half a billion dollars :mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I honestly wouldn’t know anything about a supposed tranny boycott if it weren’t posted here. But I don’t go to resetera or neogaff.

That said, I’m really looking forward to starting this up next month.
Yeah I think you have to be extremely online to have been aware of any of this shyt.

People fighting battles over a Harry Potter game :dead:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
End of the day
Boycott or no Boycott it still would’ve sold a lot probably the same numbers. Even with JK Rowling not speaking her mind in the issue.
Harry Potter IP
The game is actually fukking great even after all the delays and they had to cut stuff out(moral system and other shyt) to release it.
The fact that Avalanche delivered is the biggest factor because had they did not shyt would not had sold as much.
ITS NOT EVEN OUT ON THE LAST GEN SYSTEMS WHICH HAS THE BIGGEST BASES WITH THE PS5 just now being available:banderas:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This was obvious from the day it was announced and all the people who tried to boycott this willingly walked into a buzz saw. Vast majority of purchasers were likely a mixture of kids, women, and nerds who don't care or don't know about the author's beliefs. Furthermore most normal, well adjusted people understand that multiple things they consume/use come from ugly shyt. If you're boycotting Harry Potter while using your child slavery iPhone, posting on transphobe Elon's Twitter....you're a hypocrite, and no one is gonna take you seriously.
:manny:

Also funny how none of these people are outside boycotting that new Harry Potter play in Canada which is selling out/doing crazy numbers. Nobody out protesting the Harry Potter theme park. They found an easy way to protest some shyt online while putting no real intellectual or physical effort into it, and called it a day.