Hogwarts Legacy sells 12 million in two weeks

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tbf Elden Ring was a far bigger success than most would have predicted anyway. No surprises there:yeshrug:

Its not a competition but it is a good metric for a multiplatform single player game these days. Elden Ring was huge by every metric, i think only COD outsold it for the year.

Hogwarts selling as much or more as it has is also pretty unprecedented and it’s a good thing if you’re someone that likes single player games.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Its not a competition but it is a good metric for a multiplatform single player game these days. Elden Ring was huge by every metric, i think only COD outsold it for the year.

Hogwarts selling as much as it has is also pretty unprecedented and it’s a good thing if you’re someone that likes single player games.

Yeah.. Single player Harry Potter games :troll:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah.. Single player Harry Potter games :troll:

Its also worth noting its by WB, who are about to put out a flop Suicide Squad GAAS. This is almost the same thing that happened with EA, they put out Anthem and they were going to make Dragon Age 4 a GAAS title then when Star Wars Fallen Order sold like crazy they pivoted back to single player.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Tbf Elden Ring was a far bigger success than most would have predicted anyway. No surprises there:yeshrug:
Meh. I could see the push Elden Ring was getting from jump. Seemed as though everyone was eagerly ready to acclaim it as GOTY and From’s first massive mainstream hit. Not knocking the game at all, but it seemed as though it was crowned even before release.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Meh. I could see the push Elden Ring was getting from jump. Seemed as though everyone was eagerly ready to acclaim it as GOTY and From’s first massive mainstream hit. Not knocking the game at all, but it seemed as though it was crowned even before release.

Word. I just saw it as getting the critical praise it deserved - it did get a lot of coverage though. I'm probs just saying this cause I legit didn't think a Soulsbourne type game would ever hit the mainstream like it did :russ: