Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Show me 3 clips a piece of church or scandrick doing anything but making a tackle 10 yards down field...:dahellwhat:

Didn't Melton play for chicago last year? Go ahead and post the numbers for the bears defense last year?:dahellwhat:

These two dudes are so good huh? I guess that's why Megatron dropped 300 receiving yards on them and they let Mark Ingram run wild on them:dahellwhat:

Youtube has your Scandrick needs, and Melton tore his acl early last year so he can't be contributed to the Bears success/failure.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Honestly bruh....if this was a real game....I think all of them would have played....

But based off the game last night.....it's clear the D is going to be our achilles heel...
you must have missed us in shot gun formation 4WR set, on 3rd and fukking 1, which btw, ended up being an incomplete pass.

with that being said, dudes need to get away from the ledge. its the first preseason game. lets wait for preseason week 3 when the starters play a half.

yea i missed that.

i understand its the 1st preseason game but our defensive personnel is TRASH

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna buy myself a Staubach game jersey off nfl shop for this year.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Went to practice today.

Zack Martin is the truth. Kid is a goddamn beast out there. Looks like he fits right in with Tyron and Travis. He was doing reps and drills with the 2nd unit/rookie linemen for the majority of practice, but he is clearly a Day 1 starter, and a pretty good one at that.

Lance Dunbar dropped 3 passes out of the backfield. Not a good look. Didn't do much else except break a long run during 2nd team OFF vs 2nd team DEF in the closing minutes of practice. But that was mostly due to the shytty d-line.

Speaking of which, d-line was atrocious. Nothing positive to report. They're just bodies that fill space. And they don't even do that particularly well. Granted, Spencer, Melton, and Lawrence weren't out there. And I don't think I saw Selvie, either.

Carr and Claiborne sat out. I looked for Jatt Mohnson, but he was nowhere to be found. Odd... Rest of the DBs didn't really show anything. Scandrick shadowed Dez all over the field (outsides and slot), and did a fairly decent job at it. Dez still got his, obviously.

Romo looked very sharp. Didn't throw many deep balls, but pretty much every single throw he made was on point. A couple questionable throws to Witten in double coverage instead of a couple other reads that were single covered, but Romo gon' Romo. Especially when Witten's the target.

Dez was Dez. Anytime somebody on 1st team OFF made a play, he was immediately running to them, congratulating them and dapping them up. A great positive, veteran presence for all the young guys we have on this team.

Terrance made a beautiful over-the-shoulder catch on a 30-35 yard deep ball thrown by.... Brandon Weeden. It wasn't the greatest throw, but to Weeden's credit he put it where either only Terrance would catch it or it would drop incomplete. He had to dive for it, and when he made it, every fan in attendance clapped.

Got a ball autographed by Carr, Terrance Mitchell, Ahmad Dixon, BW Webb, and Terrance Williams. Dez and Romo didn't even fukk around after practice. Immediately ran to the showers. Security guard told me that Terrance Williams walks all the fences after practice every day and signs every autograph for every fan. He even stops to take pictures while people are going batshyt crazy shoving gear in his face. Dude literally spent over an hour after practice.

Terrance Williams is a man of the people, brehs :to:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Random Musings:

Dez finishes plays. He caught a slant and took it about 5-10 extra yards before the whistle blew as a couple guys converged on him and touched him, but he sprinted through and ran the extra 30 yards to the endzone just cause fukk it.

Coaches had all the players lineup on one sideline and do drills/warmups sideline to sideline. A lot, if not most of the players would start strong, and then start half-assing it about halfway through. Or just quit entirely and walk the rest. Not Tyron Smith. He's 100% business 100% of the time.

Romo/Weeden/Hanie didn't throw a lot of deep balls, so it was hard to get a read on how Church/Dixon were in coverage. There was an AWFUL lot of short passes today, with a huge emphasis on RB and TE quick hits in the flats. Lots of slants to WRs, Cole Beasley action underneath, and the typical Witten down the seam. Tough to get a read on our young DBs since they weren't really put in a position to make plays today.

Dan Bailey is still legit. Nailed 5 consecutive FGs, starting from the 20 and moving back 5 yards each time. Cleared the goalpost from 50 with ease. Could have booted a 60 yarder, no problem.

Cole Beasley seems to be in line to return punts this season. There were about 15-20 punt return reps today, and about 90% of them were taken by Cole Beasley. Interestingly, Devin Street got a look at PR for 3-4 reps to conclude the session. Didn't get a chance to see what he had, as whistle was blown immediately upon catch.

Didn't even notice Tyron Crawford was in pads and practicing until it was over. Gavin Escobar made a really nice sideline grab in between 2 DBs from a questionable throw by Weeden. Number 80, Laron Byrd (WR out of Miami) got a LOT of action today, surprisingly. After Dez, TWill, and Beasley, he was getting the most looks out of our WR corps, and he made the most of it. Caught every ball and ran solid routes.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That was a better summary than I've read from most of the writers that cover the team. I'm really starting to get worried about this dline.
It's a real issue. There's just no impact player anywhere to be found that can make a play.

Nobody can get pressure on the QB, nobody can play their gaps and maintain the trench, nobody commands double teams, nobody can be a space-eating run stuffer.

The only "silver lining" is that we have guys like Spencer, Melton, and Lawrence who aren't in right now, and would arguably be our top 3 dlinemen if healthy and playing. But as of now, we probably have the worst dline in the NFL.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It's a real issue. There's just no impact player anywhere to be found that can make a play.

Nobody can get pressure on the QB, nobody can play their gaps and maintain the trench, nobody commands double teams, nobody can be a space-eating run stuffer.

The only "silver lining" is that we have guys like Spencer, Melton, and Lawrence who aren't in right now, and would arguably be our top 3 dlinemen if healthy and playing. But as of now, we probably have the worst dline in the NFL.
*sigh*

spencer and lawrence won't be available 6 weeks into the season. by then the season could be over. i'm not even a big fan of melton. we need brent and we need a miracle.

it doesn't help that this scheme will expose you if you lack talent.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
The sad part is I like the secondary, but they're gonna look like trash because of the front 7. They're gonna be having to cover an extra second or two longer than most secondaries.

Revis and Sherman would be mediocre with this pass rush.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Great write up. I know the D-Line is trash but i'm not going to obsess over it, I'll be pissed if the offense doesn't score more points knowing the D is trash. The secondary is at least a B+ but we need to address the line next year through draft and FA, good news is they'll have money to do just that now that they realize you can't keep signing average players to max contracts.