Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Man.....I done went from feeling confident as hell that we could beat the Packers to being unsure...

Can't really look at what's happened to the Pack in the playoffs past....we don't have the defense those teams have....

I believe in the squad just ready for the game to be here...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If he could beat that why does he only have 3 games with more than 20 carries? If he so unstoppable you'd think GB would want to run the ball to show that balance that would be truly scary.

We relied on Lacy last year a lot more

This year his carries were kept down on purpose

Also Rodgers can check out of plays so the Buffalo game when we passed it a gazillion times was :snoop: ESP when we were mauling the BUF defense in the run game

Man.....I done went from feeling confident as hell that we could beat the Packers to being unsure...

Can't really look at what's happened to the Pack in the playoffs past....we don't have the defense those teams have....

I believe in the squad just ready for the game to be here...

This is why I'm confident the Pack doesn't get embarrassed like 2011 and 2012. But your offense will put up points. Romo will extend plays and you have so many weapons.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think GB is the better team through 16-17 weeks. If they ran it 100, I think GB would win 60-65.

But they play 1 game on Sunday. I like our chances.

It will be cold. I hope it snows. Even better if the field gets messed up.

I don't think we'll spot the other team 14 points and ball at half this time. I feel positive on that alone. I think everybody on offense shows out this week. The defense is the big question. Obviously Rodgers will March down the field a few times and score, but can we just get a couple timely key sacks, picks, and/or fumbles.

Our team is the prototype for winning games in December and beyond.

Well, our offense is anyways :heh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think GB is the better team through 16-17 weeks. If they ran it 100, I think GB would win 60-65.

But they play 1 game on Sunday. I like our chances.

It will be cold. I hope it snows. Even better if the field gets messed up.

I don't think we'll spot the other team 14 points and ball at half this time. I feel positive on that alone. I think everybody on offense shows out this week. The defense is the big question. Obviously Rodgers will March down the field a few times and score, but can we just get a couple timely key sacks, picks, and/or fumbles.

Our team is the prototype for winning games in December and beyond.

Well, our offense is anyways :heh:
Why do you think they are better? Is the the ole give more props to another team than your own stuff? Where are they really better than us at? I think everything is relatively close in all aspects so I can't say they are better than us.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I did not understand why we didn't blitz Stafford who is mistake prone and going up against an experienced and hurt oline. Marinelli refuses to blitz. OH yeah and Romo, you can throw it out of bounds there sometimes. He looked like a rookie back there at times taking the sack. I would say four maybe five of those sacks was on him.
romo has replaced the "mindblown" interception with the sack this year. it's a strategic move by him. i'll take it. him being in the pocket for most of those sacks, he can't just throw it out of bounce w/out being penalized although he could have thrown it out of the endzone on a couple of those goalline situations.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Why do you think they are better? Is the the ole give more props to another team than your own stuff? Where are they really better than us at? I think everything is relatively close in all aspects so I can't say they are better than us.
I think they've been a better team than us so far because of their defense. They have a semblance of pass rush and are more than serviceable on defense.

We have an o-line, Murrary, Dez, and Romo. They have an o-line, Cobb, Nelson, Lacy, and Rodgers. I think they're both the top 2 offenses going into the postseason.

But they have Guion, Peppers, Matthews, Shields, Williams, and Burnett. I think they have much better players peppered throughout their 11 than we do.

I like McClain and Scandrick. Some weeks Carr. Crawford has shown flashes, and Carter has played surprisingly well recently. The rest make me uneasy, at best.

Still a winnable game, tho.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
romo has replaced the "mindblown" interception with the sack this year. it's a strategic move by him. i'll take it. him being in the pocket for most of those sacks, he can't just throw it out of bounce w/out being penalized although he could have thrown it out of the endzone on a couple of those goalline situations.
Imo thats where he has improved the most. No need to take chances and force things when you have a good team around you. Romo cant win with some people either way. Last year people complained because he went down too soon without trying, and now people are complaining thats hes in the pocket too long and wont throw it away. Only thing that he still does that pisses me off is snap the ball with 1 second left. In the 4th Dez had 1 on 1 covg with no safety help at the goal line. All romo had to do was snap the ball and throw the fade, but this fool wanted to be cute and audible which led to tdubb false start.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think they've been a better team than us so far because of their defense. They have a semblance of pass rush and are more than serviceable on defense.

We have an o-line, Murrary, Dez, and Romo. They have an o-line, Cobb, Nelson, Lacy, and Rodgers. I think they're both the top 2 offenses going into the postseason.

But they have Guion, Peppers, Matthews, Shields, Williams, and Burnett. I think they have much better players peppered throughout their 11 than we do.

I like McClain and Scandrick. Some weeks Carr. Crawford has shown flashes, and Carter has played surprisingly well recently. The rest make me uneasy, at best.

Still a winnable game, tho.
I think they have a little bit better D but not much better but I don't watch their games like that to make a informed enough decision. If their D was markedly better though I think they would be SB favorites (cause on the low Seattle O isn't the greatest) so that's another reason why I don't know if its that much better.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Imo thats where he has improved the most. No need to take chances and force things when you have a good team around you. Romo cant win with some people either way. Last year people complained because he went down too soon without trying, and now people are complaining thats hes in the pocket too long and wont throw it away. Only thing that he still does that pisses me off is snap the ball with 1 second left. In the 4th Dez had 1 on 1 covg with no safety help at the goal line. All romo had to do was snap the ball and throw the fade, but this fool wanted to be cute and audible which led to tdubb false start.
I agree with most of what your talking about. Only thing I kinda disagree is I think its easy to speak on that Romo goal line play watching at home. Them plays happen for both teams where I'm like why not just snap the ball but they don't most of the time. I also don't care about when the ball snapped as long as its not a shytload of delay of game calls which I don't remember being called alot

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We need to stuff Lacy. I know what I'm getting with Rodgers-Cobb-Nelson. They'll have moments where they'll march down the field and into scoring position with ease. Hopefully we can get a couple key 3rd down stops and a couple turnovers. Our run defense is key. Need to be able to contain Lacy and try and make them 1-dimensional. Easier said than done.

We taking whatever the fukk we want on offense tho :usure:

Romo, Murray, Dez, Twill, Witten, Beasley. GOAT o-line. Might break single-game record by half :wow:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It's crazy when you think about how seemingly every component in our offense is playing at near peak potential.

TWill is still green, and Witten isn't young anymore, but they're still playing at a good level. Murray, Dez, Romo, Tyron-Frederick-Martin, Beasley all having prime seasons.

It's rare when you see an offense as finely tuned as Dallas' this year.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It's crazy when you think about how seemingly every component in our offense is playing at near peak potential.

TWill is still green, and Witten isn't young anymore, but they're still playing at a good level. Murray, Dez, Romo, Tyron-Frederick-Martin, Beasley all having prime seasons.

It's rare when you see an offense as finely tuned as Dallas' this year.
oline run blocking has fallen off a bit. i hope free is back this week and we take away some of the predictability of our run game. linehgawd should let it all loose this week. this is our hardest game left this year no matter our future opponents.