Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Offensive line really misses Leary. Parnell has been good at RT but the interior is shaky without Leary and Tyron Smith ankle must be bothering him still cause he hasn't been that good the last few weeks.

Dez need to step it up. I know he had Weeden in there but he's not getting separation and dropping easy passes. This is supposed to be a contract year for him? Dez my nikka but I am not seeing enough to give him a Megatron type contract at this point.

Defense is better than we thought. They are still average, but they did more than enough to win that game yesterday.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i didn't see anything special about d-law. definitely nothing to trade a pick for.
Its only one game at least give it a couple of games before saying that its not like he was going to be LT already. Y'all can't be this emotional lol que the Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X for now.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
After watching the NFL this weekend I have to go back to what I said again last week - we badly need a deep threat at WR. We have no elite speed at the position and it is killing our passing game.
TWill is good @ that.. that's not our problem breh.... Our problem is mainly playcalling on the offensive side. we start out good then shyt hits the fan and Don Demarco has to bail us out. AZ stopped the run and we couldn't really do anything else

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TWill is good @ that.. that's not our problem breh.... Our problem is mainly playcalling on the offensive side. we start out good then shyt hits the fan and Don Demarco has to bail us out. AZ stopped the run and we couldn't really do anything else

T-Will has good straightline speed but he's still not a burner and he's not a great route-runner. His best attribute is getting open when the play breaks down.

But I agree the play calling is trash. We don't do anything to set up mismatches, don't move guys around. Irvin was on the radio talking about this today. Saying why we don't run a bunch formation or move Dez, etc. around to set up matchups. Arizona ran a play yesterday with Fitz coming out of the backfield :dwillhuh:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Knowing Romo had these back problems, we should of signed Vince Young.

I know he's not the most cerebral quaterback, but if your starter goes down, he can actually win a game or 2.
i said this on another cowboys site and was laughed off the board. i swear people are done with black qbs in dallas after quincy. we can't even get a brother in here to backup.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
After watching the NFL this weekend I have to go back to what I said again last week - we badly need a deep threat at WR. We have no elite speed at the position and it is killing our passing game.
you must have watched miami and pittsburgh.

right now there might be 5-7 receivers around the league playing better than dez.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
you must have watched miami and pittsburgh.

right now there might be 5-7 receivers around the league playing better than dez.

I think you could argue more than that, but even if we say it's only 5-7, that's far too many considering he's in a contract year and talking about Megatron money.

I think when you look at the Antonio Browns, TY Hiltons, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin.. the game is gearing toward smaller, quicker receivers. They have an advantage with the way the rules are right now. We don't have a guy like that and those are the guys that are killing defenses in the NFL right now.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I think you could argue more than that, but even if we say it's only 5-7, that's far too many considering he's in a contract year and talking about Megatron money.

I think when you look at the Antonio Browns, TY Hiltons, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin.. the game is gearing toward smaller, quicker receivers. They have an advantage with the way the rules are right now. We don't have a guy like that and those are the guys that are killing defenses in the NFL right now.
this is a good point. sadly the only way to get that guy is to use another early pick on offense (i don't want to do this) b/c the '15 free agents dont really have that guy unless you want to break the bank for a cobbs or maclin type.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Just going through some Cowboys pics on my laptop and came across this

Y4zSZdQ.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

T-Will has good straightline speed but he's still not a burner and he's not a great route-runner. His best attribute is getting open when the play breaks down.

But I agree the play calling is trash. We don't do anything to set up mismatches, don't move guys around. Irvin was on the radio talking about this today. Saying why we don't run a bunch formation or move Dez, etc. around to set up matchups. Arizona ran a play yesterday with Fitz coming out of the backfield :dwillhuh:
That's really his best attribute but it's a shame we're still not able to get him the ball. I believe outside of Dez, Witten and Murray...everyone in our offense is an after thought.

You know when you see Dunbar in the game, he's getting a screen. Hanna in the game, we're running. Offense is very predictable. Our coaching on offense is incompetent. Could you imagine just about any other OC in the league with our weapons :dahell:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
this is a good point. sadly the only way to get that guy is to use another early pick on offense (i don't want to do this) b/c the '15 free agents dont really have that guy unless you want to break the bank for a cobbs or maclin type.
You can be short, tall, fast or slow...the problem is the playcalling. Doesn't matter if we had Desean Jackson, we'd still find a way to make him look like Cole Beasley.

I think Dez just might be dumb. When T.O was complaining he was at least telling them other ways to get him involved (hence him lining up in the backfield, going in motion ect...stupid he had to ask) Dez just gets mad like, "GET ME THE BALL :damn:"