Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
T-Will has good straightline speed but he's still not a burner and he's not a great route-runner. His best attribute is getting open when the play breaks down.

But I agree the play calling is trash. We don't do anything to set up mismatches, don't move guys around. Irvin was on the radio talking about this today. Saying why we don't run a bunch formation or move Dez, etc. around to set up matchups. Arizona ran a play yesterday with Fitz coming out of the backfield :dwillhuh:
Nah I can't roll with this bad play calling at all. I just happened to a see a few plays from the all 22 angle Linnehan(sp) drew up some good plays this week that Weeden was fukking up. Can't speak on the other weeks but last week and for the most part been some good designs that people that only see the tv view can't see. Also are we sure Dez even knows all the stuff to do on routes and I'm being real cause I swear it seemed like last year was the first time they had really used him a lot in the slot.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i said this on another cowboys site and was laughed off the board. i swear people are done with black qbs in dallas after quincy. we can't even get a brother in here to backup.

The irony of it all he went to the playoffs post Aikman pre-Romo. The offense was not as loaded as the one Aikman had or Romo (Not saying Quincy is better than the two).

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THe deep threat issue is also on romo. He's never been a great deep ball thrower. He usually underthrows the ball and the wr has to slow down for it. And ,consequently, this sometime allows the corner to make a play on it. And he overthrows it a lot . Plenty of time Dez and even twill got pass a man for underthrown ball that allow the defnder to close the gap and make a play. The playcalling can be better but most if it is our personnell. TO bailed romo out plenty of times in that 13-3 season cuz the ball was overgrown but TO was a dog and would just go get it with his closing speed. It's why when I asked y'all to ranks the wr y'all seen play for dallas I put TO above Dez. TO probably isn't a physically tired as moss, calvn, or maybe even dez but his drive, motor, and determination is only heated by rice. Dude wants that ball and was going go get. Weeden was ass but so was Dez that game. TO never had a bad game as bad as dz against Arizona.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A simple west coast offense Ike the one we tried to run when Quincy was here that was called and designed by bruce Coslet) would be perfect for this team....

Daps
We need a miles auston type of a player(before the injures:whoa:) to complement dez terance is touchdown only guy.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
image.jpg

jbuZIf4E72AtlN.png

:mjcry:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
why do you say that? he took his normal wednesday off and was back practicing today.

Watched the practice live and his presser live this morning at 8:30am. He was moving around gingerly even just leaving the podium. His throws looked ok tho but he's in pain. He even mentioned it saying he's sore and "uncomfortable."

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Watched the practice live and his presser live this morning at 8:30am. He was moving around gingerly even just leaving the podium. His throws looked ok tho but he's in pain. He even mentioned it saying he's sore and "uncomfortable."
cold weather doesn't help. plus you have to consider the fact that he is going to be shot up on gameday to help relieve the pain. bryce petty is one of the softest qbs in cfb right now and he only missed one week with the injury. that gives me hope.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I agree that Romo is still clearly in pain and shouldn't play...

If we can't beat the Jacksonville fukking Jaguars without Romo then this season is over and we don't deserve to win anymore games or make the playoffs...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
THe deep threat issue is also on romo. He's never been a great deep ball thrower. He usually underthrows the ball and the wr has to slow down for it. And ,consequently, this sometime allows the corner to make a play on it. And he overthrows it a lot . Plenty of time Dez and even twill got pass a man for underthrown ball that allow the defnder to close the gap and make a play. The playcalling can be better but most if it is our personnell. TO bailed romo out plenty of times in that 13-3 season cuz the ball was overgrown but TO was a dog and would just go get it with his closing speed. It's why when I asked y'all to ranks the wr y'all seen play for dallas I put TO above Dez. TO probably isn't a physically tired as moss, calvn, or maybe even dez but his drive, motor, and determination is only heated by rice. Dude wants that ball and was going go get. Weeden was ass but so was Dez that game. TO never had a bad game as bad as dz against Arizona.
Against GB he had 2 catches for 18yds in his final year in Dallas.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I agree that Romo is still clearly in pain and shouldn't play...

If we can't beat the Jacksonville fukking Jaguars without Romo then this season is over and we don't deserve to win anymore games or make the playoffs...
Why does everyone keep sayin that? We have the worst backup qb in the league and a defense that doesnt do well if they have to play a lot of minutes.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Why does everyone keep sayin that? We have the worst backup qb in the league and a defense that doesnt do well if they have to play a lot of minutes.

Because the jags are a bad football team...

Because we should be able to run the ball against them effectively no matter how much they stack the box

Because they have a rookie QB who has thrown a ton of picks and is going to give our defense a chance to get a few...

I do not think Weeden is the worst backup QB in the league...I think he just played poorly...I don't think he has it in him to ever be a starter again...but between vick and geno...whoever is the backup now...yeah i will take weeden over that dude...

Imagine if romo gets hurt and is done for the year...you okay with losing our starting qb over a game against a 1 - 8 team...when said qb is clearly still in a lot of pain? I'm not...