Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a rivalry game fellas... Doesn't matter if one team is undefeated and one is winless.. They always have that chance of being a close game or an upset. I'm fine with 6-2 and getting humbled now rather than later

Same way I look at it.

In 1989, The 1-15 Cowboys only victory was against the Cornskins. And they was a playoff team.

I'm cool if the Boys go into the bye 7-3. :yeshrug:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Its a rivalry game fellas... Doesn't matter if one team is undefeated and one is winless.. They always have that chance of being a close game or an upset. I'm fine with 6-2 and getting humbled now rather than later

The real issue is the schedule getting tougher the second half of the season

The injuries piling up in critical areas

Football in Sept/Oct isn't about domination. The Corskins were 6-2 the first half of the season in 2008 and finished 8-8.

The real season is beggnning now.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
been ducking all forms of feedback from this game all morning..lol

I just heard Durant done for the year.. damn

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Absolutely have to win our next three

Vs ARI
@ Jac (London)
@NYG

Dont need to head in to the bye week knowing NYG gna try and mess our season by beating us and having to still play indy philly twice, chicago and redskins again smh

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
First 4 possessions resulted in 2 punts and 2 fumbles
Dez dropped a TD
Defense was ass for most of the game
0 pass rush entire game
Starting QB knocked out of game

We deserved to lose this game. We did everything we possibly could to lose this game. Straight handed it to Washington. Only reasons we lost by just 3 is Oline and DeMarco.

:mindblown: playcalling to end the game. Luckily it happened on a big stage in a nationally televised game where we were big favorites. Nobody in the FO or coaching staff will slide with that dumb shyt. The message is loud and clear this morning from everybody who watches football: quit being stupid and run the ball.

We should be okay. Arizona is a very winnable game. Jags in London is essentially a home game for us, and an easy W. Weeden could start and W that game.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I think many folks got a lesson on this rivalry. Based on history, this was to be expected. I know I did. Still thought we would win.

That said, Dallas got away from what got them to 6-1 man. We should have had over 200 yards rushing. We also have no pass rush. AGAIN, WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH. Love that we invested in oline, but we need to start investing dline next April (or May or whenever they hold that shyt now). I'm not panicking or anything but they better learn to pick up a blitz because every team is going to do it and if Garrett and Co. can't beat it, he will be 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs into which case, he'll be outta here.

BTW, Dez, bruh, do you hate the Redskins now? Maybe he needs to talk to all the ex-Cowboy players that use to play in this rivalry and know what this rivalry is all about. They go all in agains the Giants but they lollygag against the Skins. Bothers the shyt outta me and this has been going on for a minute.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Same way I look at it.

In 1989, The 1-15 Cowboys only victory was against the Cornskins. And they was a playoff team.

I'm cool if the Boys go into the bye 7-3. :yeshrug:
hell in 1991, the 6-5 Cowboys went into RFK and beat the 11-0 Redskins. This happens all the time in the rivalry.

Daps
:yeshrug:it wa seen it comings
We're not trying. Time management is the key to our success. I think if our D was better, we could be a quick strike offense (from time to time) but keeping them off the field as much as possible is what is making us successful.

We're utilizing the seams and playaction well tho :manny:
:mjpls:Told you dink and dunk offance is:trash:Instead of deep throw they dink and dunk through the last two minutes and came away with nothing:flabbynsick:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I just knew I was gonna wake up to a Randle being cut headline.

church also played his worst game ever and acknowledged it after the game. this was the definition of a team loss.

Church was missing tackles that he would normally make. Only players the really played good was Melton, Scandrick & Carr and Wilcox but as a unit they sucked.

Every pass that was thrown at Moore was caught :snoop:
I'm just glad Romo is OK. When he was laying there I thought our nikka was paralyzed :mjcry:
The second time it has happened. When he got hit against SEA, I had a flash vision of us ending the season 4-12. Then again when he was laid out against wash.

But I like what I saw from Weeden and I think him getting first team reps during the week helps. He was distribting the ball the the players he should when they were open. I think he's capable, he did have trash in CLE.

I think many folks got a lesson on this rivalry. Based on history, this was to be expected. I know I did. Still thought we would win.

That said, Dallas got away from what got them to 6-1 man. We should have had over 200 yards rushing. We also have no pass rush. AGAIN, WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH. Love that we invested in oline, but we need to start investing dline next April (or May or whenever they hold that shyt now). I'm not panicking or anything but they better learn to pick up a blitz because every team is going to do it and if Garrett and Co. can't beat it, he will be 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs into which case, he'll be outta here.

BTW, Dez, bruh, do you hate the Redskins now? Maybe he needs to talk to all the ex-Cowboy players that use to play in this rivalry and know what this rivalry is all about. They go all in agains the Giants but they lollygag against the Skins. Bothers the shyt outta me and this has been going on for a minute.

That kills me. I think we should playin all in every drive but it's like they pick and choose when they want to. When we received the ball, they were moving like they wanted to score. After that, I really didn't see an urgency.

-----------------------------------
This is what gets me. The identity of this team is a running team, but you didn't run the ball enough last night. I'm fine with not running the ball against washington (you're suppose to do whatever you want to on them) but whats up with the pass plays that we were calling? Long developing routes against all out blitzes. No slants, no drags. Going away from Escobar when he showed he could be a matchup problem last week.

Dez against a rookie and we still can't get him the ball :smh: Sometimes I wonder if the coaching staff knows we have Dez. Every time we ran trips, we went to the opposite side of the field, like they were just a diversion so we could throw passes to Dewayne Harris and Devin Street (my homeboy saw them gettin looks and seriously asked, "who's hurt")

We don't know how to use Dez, Williams, Escobar (Romo will still slang it to Witten against double coverage tho) How did our passing game fall off so much? I'd like to believe that Romo is capable of going out there and throwing the ball for 300+ if we needed him to with these weapons but idk.