Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Are the rumors true on jason garrett extension:mad: fukk him I still remember the arizona game from few years ago:camby:
Join the now sounding like a bitter chick. If its true I would have waited but after a 4 game win streak isn't the time to be complaining about shyt from years ago.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...att?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1. One of the biggest story lines for the Cowboys in their game with the Texans was slowing down defensive end J.J. Watt. In the base defense, he's an end, but moves inside on the nickel. He has swim moves, bull rushes and finesse to reach the quarterback. Early in the game, Watt targeted what he thought was the weakest link along the offensive line in left guard Ronald Leary. He got a tackle on the first running play of the game. Afterward, Watt was slowed or shut down, depending on your point of view. As the game progressed, Watt finished with just four tackles and wasn't credited with any quarterback hurries, though he piled on Tony Romoas his helmet was knocked off. In the final 16 defensive snaps of the game, Watt drew double coverage four times and faced both tackles, Zack Martin and Jason Witten. Watt wasn't credited

The Cowboys missed Orlando Scandrick while he served a two-game suspension for violating the performance enhancing policy. However, Brandon Carr has been very good this season, too. He led the Cowboys with eight total tackles and had one of four pass breakups against the Texans. Carr's durability can't be questioned. He played in his 101st consecutive game on Sunday. While Carr doesn't break up as many passes as Scandrick, he normally takes on the biggest receiver on the opposing team and is playing with more confidence in the first five weeks of the season.

5. Want to know how important middle linebacker Rolando McClain is to the defense? When he was on the sidelines after re-injuring his groin, the Texans were able to produce some positive yards in overtime. McClain gets players lined up. Here's coach Jason Garrett on McClain: "We still need to be able to line up regardless of who's out there. And we didn't line up the right way and it hurt us."with any tackles during that span.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Garrett is solid in a talent evaluating/acquisition role. He's awful as an on the field technician. The further we can get him away from calling shots on the field and the more we make him a walk-around coach, the better the team is. Where he IS skilled at is in bringing talent here, whether it be coaching or even drafting. Getting Marinelli, Callahan and Linehan to come here and work together is no small feat, and I'm guessing a big reason is because Garrett moves out of the way and lets them do their job. Draftwise, our drafts have been a lot more rational. I was critical of the Martin pick when it was made, but our O-line looks fantastic. I still think we need to draft a QB soon though to take over if Romo gets knocked out or his back starts giving him too much issues. Let him sit and learn the game like Rodgers did behind Favre.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Garrett is solid in a talent evaluating/acquisition role. He's awful as an on the field technician. The further we can get him away from calling shots on the field and the more we make him a walk-around coach, the better the team is. Where he IS skilled at is in bringing talent here, whether it be coaching or even drafting. Getting Marinelli, Callahan and Linehan to come here and work together is no small feat, and I'm guessing a big reason is because Garrett moves out of the way and lets them do their job. Draftwise, our drafts have been a lot more rational. I was critical of the Martin pick when it was made, but our O-line looks fantastic. I still think we need to draft a QB soon though to take over if Romo gets knocked out or his back starts giving him too much issues. Let him sit and learn the game like Rodgers did behind Favre.
Cosign all of this. This off-season go heavy on the d-line in the draft, re-sign dez murray and ro and we will compete for the sb next season.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I have accepted the fact that Garrett will get extended if we have a winning season. I don't like the guy, still don't, the play calling and clock management on that last drive before Houston tied the game was trash. I think we are gonna win in spite of him

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
What's the story on Demarcus? IR designated to return right? Doesn't that put him at a return as early as Week 6 (assuming he's healed up)?
I have to read up on it myself, I'm not sure