Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
People are overrating scandrick because claiburn and carr are :trash:

I remember that bum Steve Smith on the Giants would embarass dude everytime they matched up.

I agree.. I actually have more confidence in Claiborne due to his size. He just has a technique problem. Dallas need to start hiring these coaches away from teams. New England is a master at getting the most out of nothing (especially with DB's). go get their DB coach..lol shyt

Y'all see what Im saying..

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You buggin. Scandrick been our most consistent corners for a couple of season. He ain't no one trick season pony like the others.

Newman wasn't worth a first round pick.
This team should be banned from startng corners in the first round for the next decade. Not when they draft corners better later in the draft. Scandrick, Ross , and hunter were solid picks.
You trippin with bold Newman was good for us for years. I guess if not Deion you not worthy of a first round pick.

With that said I agree about Scandrick

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
lol line scandrick up against the number 1s and he's going to get spanked just like Carr. This Scandrick praise in Dallas circles is a recent phenomenon because he was getting tore up his first 3+ years as well. A lot of people were questioning Jerry for giving him that contract. I will say that he did step his game up AFTER the contract and is looking solid out there, but there were plenty of Scandrick sucks chants before he got that contract.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Well Newman is now staying healthy and surrounded by other talented defensive players and it helps that their staff can tailor their schemes to the player strengths.

I will not lie to you, I thought Dallas kept Newman longer than they should've. I mean he had nagging injuries since 07' and seem so complacent on not getting beat deep by playing so far (I know Campo had a hand in that) and tackling was suspect after the catch. But look at em now :sas2:.

That's what happens when you get away from the Dallas circus and actually go to an organization with some semblence of stability or competence. It's sad that we have to say that about the Bengals organization, but they've constantly been going to the play-offs while we're sitting around arguing whether Garrett is finally righting the ship after 4 years. You surround corners with some sort of talent, and they look better, just like how the offense looks a lot better with a competent O-line. Put a decent D-line in there and have some safeties that aren't projects and UDFAs and our corners look a lot better.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Newman was that nikka until Brandon Marshall saw him. After that he was just good. Then in 2011 I was completely done after the week 17 beat down. That victor Cruz td was disgusting. 03-07 he was elite.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol line scandrick up against the number 1s and he's going to get spanked just like Carr. This Scandrick praise in Dallas circles is a recent phenomenon because he was getting tore up his first 3+ years as well. A lot of people were questioning Jerry for giving him that contract. I will say that he did step his game up AFTER the contract and is looking solid out there, but there were plenty of Scandrick sucks chants before he got that contract.
Scandrick is cool. I don't see anybody calling him Revis but he's a fighter and knows what's going on out there. I'm disappointed in Carr though. He's not getting burnt but he's giving up EVERYTHING underneath.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Newman had a really good rookie years then the sophomore slump, then 2 really seasons from 05-06. By the time the superteams were formed he lost a step. And the the nagging injuries started. Newman peaked early in his career and depreciated after that every season with us. Newman hasn't been elite since 06. That's damn near a decade ago. I was never big on the Newman pick because he damn near 25 when we drafted him . He was old for a rookie. That's why he peaked so early cuz he was more mature. Newman was 25 years old in his first game with the cowboys and 26 his sophomore year.

And ppl are dramatic as shyt. Carr was well worth the money his first year here .he was good last year until Megatron. He's been average this season. But him and Claiburned just can't seem to go stride for stride with wr consistent. Wr always have a step on him. That damn Brit burned Carr a couple times long but we were forth hate their qb couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Newman had a really good rookie years then the sophomore slump, then 2 really seasons from 05-06. By the time the superteams were formed he lost a step. And the the nagging injuries started. Newman peaked early in his career and depreciated after that every season with us. Newman hasn't been elite since 06. That's damn near a decade ago. I was never big on the Newman pick because he damn near 25/26 when we drafted him . He was old for a rookie. That's why he peaked so early cuz he was more mature.

And ppl are dramatic as shyt. Carr was well worth the money his first year here .he was good last year until Megatron. He's been average this season. But him and Claiburned just can't seem to go stride for stride with wr consistent. Wr always have a step on him. That damn Brit burned Carr a couple times long but we were forth hate their qb couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life

Carr was cool year one. I was talking about this year though. The last great year at that position was Jenkins soft ass though. I remember him going stride for stride with Andre Johnson for a pic:wow:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carr was cool year one. I was talking about this year though. The last great year at that position was Jenkins soft ass though. I remember him going stride for stride with Andre Johnson for a pic:wow:
That was the best season I seen a cornerback ever have for us in my two decades as a fan. He was in a whole another level. He had to be adderall that season.

I liked the Anthony Henry signing though. Dude as straight ball hawk. He had the best ball skills i seen displayed on the cowboys. When our other corner would be playing off tens yard this nigguh was right up in the LOS. He had a couple td's in his short time but couldn't stay healthy. I thought Henry was better than Newman when they played together here.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
As long as I don't have to watch Mo bytch ass argue with Church every fukking time he get's burnt I'm good...

My wife started a drinking game where every time Mo gets burnt and argues with Church we have to do a shot...

I had to hold on for dear life to finish watching this game because I was drunk out of my mind...

fukking Mo argues with Church every fukking time...dude was arguing with church when he got burnt on a slant and I'm just like "how the fukk you expect the safety to get there before you do and you playing press man"

bytch ass nikka might have ruined my kidneys so yeah get him all the way the fukk out of here...:camby:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lol line scandrick up against the number 1s and he's going to get spanked just like Carr. (No one is saying he's a shut down corner but he's better than Mo)

This Scandrick praise in Dallas circles is a recent phenomenon because he was getting tore up his first 3+ years as well. (What's wrong with praising a player who got better:dwillhuh:)

A lot of people were questioning Jerry for giving him that contract. (What was the last big contract Jerry gave that wasn't questioned)

I will say that he did step his game up AFTER the contract and is looking solid out there, but there were plenty of Scandrick sucks chants before he got that contract(He did suck b4 that contract but is easily our best and most consistent DB now).

We're definitely gonna see what scandrick is made up of this week with Bree's back there but I have confidence in him always being in position, unlike Carr or Claiborne:yeshrug:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as I don't have to watch Mo bytch ass argue with Church every fukking time he get's burnt I'm good...

My wife started a drinking game where every time Mo gets burnt and argues with Church we have to do a shot...

I had to hold on for dear life to finish watching this game because I was drunk out of my mind...

fukking Mo argues with Church every fukking time...dude was arguing with church when he got burnt on a slant and I'm just like "how the fukk you expect the safety to get there before you do and you playing press man"

bytch ass nikka might have ruined my kidneys so yeah get him all the way the fukk out of here...:camby:
Lol my broad call that nigguh Superbad in the 49ers game cuz she said that nigguh always divng at air trying to get to to the ball like that nigguh who dove for the liquor in the Superbad. She stay clowning that nigguh for his matrix like dives that always miss everything but air.

But yeah I always hated how Claiburned never had any accoutnabitynfor his blown coverage and was always trying to blame whatever closest defender was in his zone.