Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw man. Scandrick use to always get caught on. For what it's worth he make the tackle immediately and never gave up YAC but he stayed getting caught on. Even when you thought he was about to catch a pick, you'd be like :gladbron: then the WR would catch the ball and you'd be like :comeon:. (Newman use to have to cover the slot too) I remember being like :snoop: when we resigned him and all my homies was passing him off like, "Jerry gave YO BOY Scandrick an extension." Doesn't look bad now because he's gotten better over the years but man.
Yeah but he stuck to his man. He just never made a play on the ball but no corner was more stickier than Scandrick for our squad. He got caught on while playing good defense. The other corners on our squad get caught on while being open or getting separation. He has the best technique outta all our corners cept Jenkins that one year. I blame the secondary coach for him not making a play on the ball.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but he stuck to his man. He just never made a play on the ball but no corner was more stickier than Scandrick for our squad. He got caught on while playing good defense. The other corners on our squad get caught on while being open or getting separation. He has the best technique outta all our corners cept Jenkins that one year. I blame the secondary coach for him not making a play on the ball.

:what:

nikka, Scandrick is garbage and always been garbage.

Jenkins and Newman at least played up to Pro Bowl levels once in their career.

Jerry and many Cowboys fans overreacted after the 2011-12 season when Newman and Jenkins was hurt or either playing hurt.

And what Jerry do :beli: He went and overpaid for an average none Pro Bowl CB in Carr. Drafted an overrated CB in Claiborne. And gave Pro Bowl money to 3rd string nickel CB. Instead of fixing the damn pass rush. :mindblown:

Hell yeah a injured Newman and Jenkins would've looked bad with one of the worst pass rush in the NFL.

Remember D-Ware and Ratliff was also injured that season.

We could've found a Ratliff replacement in the draft.

The money that went towards Scandrick, could've went towards Hatcher. :why:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You buggin. Scandrick been our most consistent corners for a couple of season. He ain't no one trick season pony like the others.

Newman wasn't worth a first round pick. This team should be banned from startng corners in the first round for the next decade. Not when they draft corners better later in the draft. Scandrick, Ross , and hunter were solid picks.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You buggin. Scandrick been our most consistent corners for a couple of season. He ain't no one trick season pony like the others.

Newman wasn't worth a first round pick. This team should be banned from startng corners in the first round for the next decade. Not when they draft corners better later in the draft. Scandrick, Ross , and hunter were solid picks.

:what: T-New was a top 5 corner for about 3-4 years. Should've kept using him at punt returns and some wide receiver.

Look at his stats while playing for the Cowboys. :beli:

Unlike Claiborne, T-New was Mr. Can Do It All like Deion coming out of college. T-New ran a 4.3, cornerback, wide receiver, punt and kick returner. T-New was on some Devin Hester shyt if Parcells would've allowed T-New to keep doing punt and kick returns.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The thing with Scandrick is he was a 5th round pick. It's laughable to try and give Claiborne, a #6 overall pick, the best DB we've scouted since Deion, a pass for being no worse than what Scandrick was. The expectations are completely different and right now Claiborne is looking like another Bobby Carpenter, the type of pick that sets your franchise back a year or two.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

:drunk::drunk::drunk::ban:

Dude didn't give up a touchdown for a year and a half. He was shutdown the year Jenkins had all those picks and was the most targeted corner in the league :heh:

I remember you saying you use to work on Sundays too. I think that's why you don't remember yung :dry:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The thing with Scandrick is he was a 5th round pick. It's laughable to try and give Claiborne, a #6 overall pick, the best DB we've scouted since Deion, a pass for being no worse than what Scandrick was. The expectations are completely different and right now Claiborne is looking like another Bobby Carpenter, the type of pick that sets your franchise back a year or two.
Calm down, Claiborne is ass but he ain't setting us back. we could have taken any corner that's come out his class and since and it wouldn't have mattered because we never win in the trenches.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Cant remember one time ever a owner criticized a player.. Owners dont talk.. We all get down on Claiborne but at the end of the day, I need dude out there trying to get better. Im not that down on him where I want him to lose his job. Turnovers not big plays have hurt this team. Start calling out Romo bytch ass. He frustrates me way more than Claiborne...

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Calm down, Claiborne is ass but he ain't setting us back. we could have taken any corner that's come out his class and since and it wouldn't have mattered because we never win in the trenches.
It would have mattered if we took a D-linemen in his spot or with that 2nd rounder.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jerry can only blame himself for this fukk up.

I was one of the very few Cowboys fans that felt it was stupid to go up and draft a cornerback. When there was major holes in the D-Line. It doesn't matter how good your DB's, if you have a shytty pass rush.

I felt Claiborne was hella overrated at LSU.

Highest graded DB since Deion. :what::deadrose:

T-New is balling for the Bengals. :why: One bad season because he was playing injured and we throw him the bushes. :snoop::mindblown:

It's time to off Jerruh.

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

Well Newman is now staying healthy and surrounded by other talented defensive players and it helps that their staff can tailor their schemes to the player strengths.

I will not lie to you, I thought Dallas kept Newman longer than they should've. I mean he had nagging injuries since 07' and seem so complacent on not getting beat deep by playing so far (I know Campo had a hand in that) and tackling was suspect after the catch. But look at em now :sas2:.