Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This defense is performing better but they're suspect against the run. If Tennessee would've committed to the run more yesterday things would've gone better for them. They were getting 6 a pop at one point.

So much attention going toward the pass USB that I radially think ppl end to pay attention to the run defense. We're allowing 5 yards per attempt.

That's why I say the most important player we need to return is Brent. We could really use his size(girth) and destruction up the middle. I really have no expectations from spence and I don't want Lawrence to rush back. He's gong and I don't want this to be a lingering injury. Soon Sam will be ready to contribute and then I notice we getting a push when we put Wilbur nxt to Melton.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried tellin you jokers about twill during the draft. When street is ready I want to give him a chance at the scone spot when he healthy. Twill is not a starting wr. I was hoping he could prove me wrong but he's not who y'all anoints him to be. If he isn't wide open he ain't contributing. A lot of his big plays last year came from Romo's ability to improvise and extend the play. I felt like all them wr in preseason we cut had the potential to bring more to the tables as a number 2 wr than twill could give us.

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Nah

These jokers don't believe in Vaughan. Dude has all the tools. Im on board with Vaughan. We already missed out on Matt Moore. He was the future and we let the phone take him from us. We can't keep dropping the ball. On these qb's with good potential. We got luck to get another gem in Vaughan but after the whole Matt Moore fiasco I Don't believe in this franchise to get it right. They didn't see the diamond in the rough with Moore and I'm pretty sure they don't see it with Vaughan.
Matt Moore had potential but he's nothing special. He flamed out in MIA after 1-2 good games.

Vaughn has potential, but itll be 2 years before he even gets a shot if Romo can stay healthy

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We got to take a QB in the first round next year breh...Romo is done...

No mobility at all...
No arm strength at all...

All but one of those sacks yesterday were Romo's fault...dude just can't move at all...

Even worse...I thought there were a few plays were Romo just didn't see Dez open on the other side of the field...but after watching him throw 2 ducks to a wide open Witten on some deep outs...no I think Romo saw Dez just figured he couldn't throw the ball that far to him...

I think he threw all of one pass over 20 yards...

One good hit and it going to be "retired due to injury time"

#TankForMariotta#

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some random thoughts...

-Travis Frederick is Jerry Jones best decision since Bill Parcells. I almost shed a tear watching him (brute) and Martin (tactically) destroying that Titans dline. I cannot wait to watch them on the film, it was a thing of beauty.

-We're a 2nd or 3rd round RT away from being an elite oline, I'm talking best in the league. I would not mind Free back for cheap for another year since we have other more pressing needs but eventually we need to get a big stud replacement in the draft. Leave Martin at guard. I really hope the Cowboys don't ignore this group...you're doing good...keep adding pieces and building depth. This isn't the time to get comfortable when you have a rapidly aging QB at the helm.

-You can tell Bisaccia lit into his unit all week. That was superb effort from the special teams unit. I'm not into football jerseys but if I were to buy one today it would be a Dwayne Harris one. To me that guy personifies the real RKG. Bailey is a machine. Best player relative to his position on the team. By the way, have you guys noticed all the ex-Cowboys kickers doing well around the league?

-So far Lance Dunbar does not look like a player that deserved the superstar treatment he received in the preseason. They handled him with kiddie gloves, not b/c of the injury (he's been healthy for awhile) but b/c they see him as a vital piece to the offense. I'm still waiting for it. I'm waiting for that 40-50 yd screen play from him. Ryan Williams ran like his meal depended on it. I'm about ready to call that man up.

-Speaking of the defense, with a healthy Spencer and D-Law and a motived Scandrick and Brent...how good can these guys be? Is top 5-10 achievable? I'm drinking the koolaid after the first 2 weeks (I don't buy the theory that San Fran held back last week).
I agree with you we need Ryan Williams up here by the Saints games because we need to run the ball about 40 times that game and completely control the clock.

And if anyone should come back motivated its Scandrick and Brent.

And getting a RT is important, like you said I hope Jerry takes one more draft pick on a RT and lock this oline down for the next 10 yrs

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I tried tellin you jokers about twill during the draft. When street is ready I want to give him a chance at the scone spot when he healthy. Twill is not a starting wr. I was hoping he could prove me wrong but he's not who y'all anoints him to be. If he isn't wide open he ain't contributing. A lot of his big plays last year came from Romo's ability to improvise and extend the play. I felt like all them wr in preseason we cut had the potential to bring more to the tables as a number 2 wr than twill could give us.
He's the anti-Boldin. I'm not a big fan either. I've seen a lot of rookie receivers so far that look just as good as him.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Nah

These jokers don't believe in Vaughan. Dude has all the tools. Im on board with Vaughan. We already missed out on Matt Moore. He was the future and we let the phone take him from us. We can't keep dropping the ball. On these qb's with good potential. We got luck to get another gem in Vaughan but after the whole Matt Moore fiasco I Don't believe in this franchise to get it right. They didn't see the diamond in the rough with Moore and I'm pretty sure they don't see it with Vaughan.
I will never understand this matt moore lovefest. :what:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody else finding it strange that we don't play our first divisional game until late October. Almost the halfway point of the season. Been a while since that happened. Hell our first game typically used to be a divisional game.

Our divisional games are typically highly rated and primetime games.