Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
his potential is a decent back up QB to me....We need a franchise guy
I'm willing to give him a chance but I can understand you wanting more of the brand name QB but unless we go in the tank that ain't happening. Even if it does I can't justify doing it next year with Romo on this team and his cap number bench warming

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm willing to give him a chance but I can understand you wanting more of the brand name QB but unless we go in the tank that ain't happening. Even if it does I can't justify doing it next year with Romo on this team and his cap number bench warming

You don't have to go in the tank. A lot of starters right now where picked in the 2nd round and below. They just need to pick someone to groom. Romo's window is closing. He has 2 to 3 more years and that's it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You don't have to go in the tank. A lot of starters right now where picked in the 2nd round and below. They just need to pick someone to groom. Romo's window is closing. He has 2 to 3 more years and that's it.
That's why I said I'd let Vaughan cook for them 2/3 years but I can see why some want someone more known

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Vaughan was an undrafted free agent from a small school. I'm not willing to go down that road again. :snoop:
Man Romo has been good you talking like Romo a straight bum. He has moments of smh but overall for where he comes from he's been great IMO. I'll take it if dude could be as good or better

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
so? his draft status is irrelevant now. he should be judged according to his salary from now on.

He should've been judged after 2007 when they went 13 - 3. That's the year Aaron Rogers became a starter. 1 playoff win and no playoffs since 2009. He's only been to the playoffs 3 times.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dallas should use next years draft on all defensive players. They can go the ball control play good defense route. The with that... they need pass rushers, safeties and corners.

With that being said.. they still need to use a high pick on a quarterback :to:

We got to take a QB in the first round next year breh...Romo is done...

No mobility at all...
No arm strength at all...

All but one of those sacks yesterday were Romo's fault...dude just can't move at all...

Even worse...I thought there were a few plays were Romo just didn't see Dez open on the other side of the field...but after watching him throw 2 ducks to a wide open Witten on some deep outs...no I think Romo saw Dez just figured he couldn't throw the ball that far to him...

I think he threw all of one pass over 20 yards...

One good hit and it going to be "retired due to injury time"

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Some random thoughts...

-Travis Frederick is Jerry Jones best decision since Bill Parcells. I almost shed a tear watching him (brute) and Martin (tactically) destroying that Titans dline. I cannot wait to watch them on the film, it was a thing of beauty.

-We're a 2nd or 3rd round RT away from being an elite oline, I'm talking best in the league. I would not mind Free back for cheap for another year since we have other more pressing needs but eventually we need to get a big stud replacement in the draft. Leave Martin at guard. I really hope the Cowboys don't ignore this group...you're doing good...keep adding pieces and building depth. This isn't the time to get comfortable when you have a rapidly aging QB at the helm.

-McClain would be back in Alabama right now shooting rabbits if it wasn't for Lee's injury. It's funny how life works sometimes. That interception was one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen for a man his size. I know it's not that serious but I'm praying he's fully back mentally. Him and Lee together next year should be fun.

-The team played angry yesterday for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time under Jason Garrett. It was a spirited feisty yet clean game for both teams which made it a throughly enjoyable watch on TV...you don't always get that with the 12pm kickoffs. Even Garrett's sideline demeanor was completely different than the norm. I'm pretty sure the camera caught him dropping a F bomb. Now if we could only find a way to duplicate that energy at home.

-You can tell Bisaccia lit into his unit all week. That was superb effort from the special teams unit. I'm not into football jerseys but if I were to buy one today it would be a Dwayne Harris one. To me that guy personifies the real RKG. Bailey is a machine. Best player relative to his position on the team. By the way, have you guys noticed all the ex-Cowboys kickers doing well around the league?

-So far Lance Dunbar does not look like a player that deserved the superstar treatment he received in the preseason. They handled him with kiddie gloves, not b/c of the injury (he's been healthy for awhile) but b/c they see him as a vital piece to the offense. I'm still waiting for it. I'm waiting for that 40-50 yd screen play from him. Ryan Williams ran like his meal depended on it. I'm about ready to call that man up.

-Yesterday for the first time in a long time, I saw a team that wasn't dependent on elite quarterback play. I saw a team that could plug and play nearly any above average QB and still win the game. Finally all 3 phases showed up for Mr. Garrett. This is good for the long run but still leaves a sore taste in my mouth considering Romo's contract. The team I saw yesterday is ideal for a young QB. Great special teams, great oline play, good defense. I hated the contract then, hate it even more now.

-I finally saw something tangible from Crawford yesterday in the 1st half. I like him, Wilcox and even Hitchens at times. I think I'm going to bite my tongue on all three and let them get their feet wet before I start judging them. All 3 are still obviously learning the pro game.

-We've faced two players so far I wanted a few years ago in free agency: Delanie Walker and Anquan Boldin. I think adding a physical 3rd down option like them in the future will be beneficial to this offense. Love watching them play. Did you see how he blew by Barry Church on that TD?

-That being said, I'm still not 100% sold on T. Williams. I feel like with all the attention Dez is getting, he should have had a better start to the season. Last week he did not catch the ball in traffic, this week he was non-existent.

-That smirk and fist pump from Jerry during the 4th quarter "Let's go Cowboys" chants was classic. I've never wanted to like a man so much as him.

-It's week 3 so I think it's a good time to do start doing some things to improve the roster. Let's do something to improve the interior of that defense. We're going to need more pressure than we've seen in the first 2 weeks if we're going to beat Drew Brees on turf. I know who to cut (Clutts) but do you guys have any ideas who we can bring in?

-Speaking of the defense, with a healthy Spencer and D-Law and a motived Scandrick and Brent...how good can these guys be? Is top 5-10 achievable? I'm drinking the koolaid after the first 2 weeks (I don't buy the theory that San Fran held back last week).

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might sound wild brehs and feel free to neg me...But if the skins give up on Bob Griffin do we take a good look? :leostare:
Nah
I won't neg my fellow Boys fans even if I could but dude might be damaged goods. You don't like Vaughan sitting for a few years then potentially being that dude?

These jokers don't believe in Vaughan. Dude has all the tools. Im on board with Vaughan. We already missed out on Matt Moore. He was the future and we let the phone take him from us. We can't keep dropping the ball. On these qb's with good potential. We got luck to get another gem in Vaughan but after the whole Matt Moore fiasco I Don't believe in this franchise to get it right. They didn't see the diamond in the rough with Moore and I'm pretty sure they don't see it with Vaughan.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He should've been judged after 2007 when they went 13 - 3. That's the year Aaron Rogers became a starter. 1 playoff win and no playoffs since 2009. He's only been to the playoffs 3 times.
Is that all Romo's fault. You know how easy it would've been to trade romo before the back injury.

You nigguh's don't remember ryan leaf, Clint storner, chad Hutchinson and Anthony wright starting.