History Channel Portrays Hannibal as Black, White People Cry Foul Over ‘Historical Revisionism’

yeyeye

All Star
Daps
no one really knows
no one really knows what race but I think the native Berbers where and still are black. Black people traverse that area first. I can't think of any reason why A light skin white person can beat native African people to that part of Africa. It doesn't make sense to me.
The berber people are indigenous to that area too they're not colonizers from Europe or the Middle East. Also there's a lot of different groups . Some of the are black like Tuareg.
1888_1tuareg_011.jpg

And some are light skinned like this girl
008bf2a153d778f889a0e25f94a2a398.jpg

(Note the ink, they're culture's tattoo's are so cool imo.)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
WOW! When I clicked thread I thought it would be this doc.

Never knew about the doc in the OP. Anyways it has ALWAYS puzzled my mind that Eurocentrics in media NEVER had any problems with displaying the Carthaginians, Hannibal, Moors or any other Northwest Africans as BLACK, while they always portrayed the Ancient Egyptians as pale skinned Caucasoids?????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I NEVER got that...:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

When in fact Carthage unlike Ancient Egypt was actually a VERY MIXED society and the origins of Hannibal Barca is not really clear and the founders of Carthage were NOT African(though its up for debates) but were from the Near East and so Hannibal was most likely Near Eastern. Really this shyt is mad confusing...:mindblown:

lol not really mixed they loved slaved foreign women.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You didn't read my post. I said as much that its unknown if its actually him or not.

The problem here is that he could of very well been black. However, at the sametime, there is not much evidence of what his race actually was. We can assume he is black but that is it. For some reason though, just like white supremacists are dead set on thinking he wasn't black, others are dead set on thinking he was.

There is a third option here which is that its unknown.

No the only reason you're still confused is because the historical sources you hold dear are all based fraudulent Greco-Roman sources. Again, once you learn to eliminate your learned biases regarding world history, perhaps you wont be so confused on the subject.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
He was a Moor from Africa. The word "Moor" is interchangeable with meaning a Black person. Only in recent years has the word "changed".

Do you have any sources stated that Hannibal was called a "Moor" or "Maure" by the Romans? Because that would be interesting.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
No the only reason you're still confused is because the historical sources you hold dear are all based fraudulent Greco-Roman sources. Again, once you learn to eliminated your learned biases regarding world history, perhaps you wont be so confused on the subject.
Ok. Then give me your sources on the information. Once again, I said the bust is not verified to be him or not. So I'm not even sure if we're in disagreement here. I highlighted this fact to show that the only representation ever thought to be him isn't even definitive and historians even admit there is no way to verify if it is him and how there is very little known.

P.S. Blogspot and youtube videos made in Windows Movie Maker isn't good enough.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I have heard people say Moors does not = Islam in all cases and that there were Christian Moors. I`m not a historian though so idk.

The term Moor predates Islam BY A LOT. And it actually hurts Euronuts claims that Moors only meant Muslims to say that the Berber Moors who invaded Iberia weren't black.

The term "Moor" was first coined by the Greeks which originally was"Maure" which meant black.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
That Roman bust of Hanibal has widely been acknowledged as fake and unrepresentative of the real Hannibal.

Hannibal was a from north African around 200-300 BC, well before the Arabs took over that region. Again, the only people still confused on his ethnicity are white supremacists.
The Ptolemaic Egypt and Roman Egypt conquered those areas long before the Umayyad conquest. The same group who were cuase the fall of Egypt.