History Channel Portrays Hannibal as Black, White People Cry Foul Over ‘Historical Revisionism’

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The berber people are indigenous to that area too they're not colonizers from Europe or the Middle East. Also there's a lot of different groups . Some of the are black like Tuareg.
1888_1tuareg_011.jpg

And some are light skinned like this girl
008bf2a153d778f889a0e25f94a2a398.jpg

(Note the ink, they're culture's tattoo's are so cool imo.)
I heard Tuareg don't refer to themselves as Berber, let me find the link. More or less it's a clutural group rather than a racial group.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The term Moor predates Islam BY A LOT. And it actually hurts Euronuts claims that Moors only meant Muslims to say that the Berber Moors who invaded Iberia weren't black.

The term "Moor" was first coined by the Greeks which originally was"Maure" which meant black.

I always figured Moor to be what People we would nowadays call Black to be called. Like I said I`m not a historian but I have seen a few Moorish Science Temple cats speak on it (granted it was on Sa Neter tv and there are a lot of guys who are self taught so you risk pseudo science/ misinterpretations).

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That Roman bust of Hanibal has widely been acknowledged as fake and unrepresentative of the real Hannibal.
Do you have sources? Which statue? Because THIS WOULD be interesting.

Hannibal was a from north African around 200-300 BC, well before the Arabs took over that region. Again, the only people still confused on his ethnicity are white supremacists.

People have a right to be confused and its not just "white supremacist." Carthage was a Phoenician colony, the Phonetician while heavily influenced by the Ancient Egyptians were from the Middle East, Lebanon(I think) to be exact. So again Hannibal's ethnicity is up for debate.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I always figured Moor to be what People we would nowadays call Black to be called. Like I said I`m not a historian but I have seen a few Moorish Science Temple cats speak on it (granted it was on Sa Neter tv and there are a lot of guys who are self taught so you risk pseudo science/ misinterpretations).

I wouldn't take any info from them cats. They actually believe the majority of AAs descend from the Moors.

But indeed the term Moor meant black, but as the non-blacks in Iberia outnumbered the blacks it soon just meant Muslims in general. I have addressed this topic a lot on here.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Expect accurate sources from your Roman enemy brehs :skip:
Problem is, there isn't a lot of history and information documented from say the Carthaginians themselves. This is ancient history after all. Carthage is a Phoenician settlement and It was not established natively as a few people have already stated. That makes things a bit more messy.

Romans on the other hand, kept pretty good histories. Most historians treat the information with some skepticism at least as far as being unbiased because as you said it would be ridiculous to believe that histories written by the enemy would be wholly accurate. The same applies when they are even writing about themselves because they weren't exactly modest people.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Do you have sources? Which statue? Because THIS WOULD be interesting.

People have a right to be confused and its not just "white supremacist." Carthage was a Phoenician colony, the Phonetician while heavily influenced by the Ancient Egyptians were from the Middle East, Lebanon(I think) to be exact. So again Hannibal's ethnicity is up for debate.
He was replying to the bust I posted but I stated, historians admit they have no way to verify if it was accurate or if it was even him. Was highlighting how little is known.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I wouldn't take any info from them cats. They actually believe the majority of AAs descend from the Moors.

But indeed the term Moor meant black, but as the non-blacks in Iberia outnumbered the blacks it soon just meant Muslims in general. I have addressed this topic a lot on here.
I take those cats with a grain of salt because they try to fit Moor into anything in history on some "Moses of the Bible name starts with M-O, which was another name for Moor, so it was a Moor that led the Israelites out of Egypt, Peace Islam brother :troll:"

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I take those cats with a grain of salt because they try to fit Moor into anything in history on some "Moses of the Bible name starts with M-O, which was another name for Moor, so it was a Moor that led the Israelites out of Egypt, Peace Islam brother :troll:"
Yeah, those guys are clowns. But don't let them discourage you from believing that "Moor" originally meant black and the original invading Berber army of Iberia were black.

Many historical accounts clearly say that the invading Berber groups who formed the "Moors" were black, especially the Masmuda Berbers.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
By the way... I don't know how much light this sheds on the race issue, but a good number of Hannibals African troops (including half of the 30 or so elephants he brought) actually died from the snow/sleet they were unaccustomed to, despite winning the battles in days previous.

The cold weather did a better job fighting the Africans than the cacs... so...
:mjpls: