History Channel Portrays Hannibal as Black, White People Cry Foul Over ‘Historical Revisionism’

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Unfortunately,no. I've been combing sources for years trying to find an authentic description on Hannibal and I haven't had any luck.

Interesting.
Hopefully more archaeological work can be done in Tunisia. Trust me, something will show up sooner or later. It always does...

Interesting. I'll take a look at that thread and contribute some material. Africa and the levant have always been connected. Egypt and Axum had an influence on the area. Not to mention people have been traveling and settling in that area for thousands of years. Many of them still retained their "Africaness" so to speak.
I posted some very good stuff on the Phoenicians and especially the Canaanites showing that the original people of that area being just as dark as Africans. And the "white looking" ones coming later. I think I even posted a source stating that the Phoenicians were in fact grouped under the darker skinned Canaanites. Trust me, read the Canaanite part. Some VERY good primary sources that I found around the web.

Africa and Levant have always been connected since the Neolithic.

That's one of the busts found in Capua Italy. I read somewhere that it may be him later on in life but it may be unauthentic since there aren't any credible sources of his appearance anywhere. I'll have to find the article I read that in and link it to you. A few years ago, there were supposed busts of his family floating around but they're in a private collection and the pics have disappeared from the net. I'll take a look and see what I can find.
If you can please post it.

Those are my thought's exactly. There was continued migration throughout the life of Carthage, but it wasn't in great numbers. Also it isn't out of the realm of possibility that those migrants were noble families and wealthy aristocrats that contributed to the amount of wealth that Carthage possessed.
Indeed.

For all we know, this one guy could have been part of that immigrant class that made it's way to Carthage during it's height like alot of people did. He could have been a slave. He could've been anything. But you already know the agenda when it comes to North Africa,especially when you have people hailing the "Mediterranean race" model as if these people aren't a mix of African and Southwest Asian. I'll be waiting on those studies for sure.
Exactly my point. More importantly how come these people NEVER did a test for the MANY Carthage remains that showed affinity with Africans? I wonder why...?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, yes. Mago's story is kind of boring and uninteresting compared to Hannibal's and the backdrop of the Punic wars. When Carthage was destroyed, they gave their library to the Numidians but took Mago's work back to Rome where they translated it into Greek and Latin. It was vital to them in improving their farming techniques, trade deals, and their food preparation. Mago is one of the reasons why the Romans were hailed for their food , trade, and agricultural structure. And that is a big part of the reason why Carthage was so wealthy.

Interesting.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully more archaeological work can be done in Tunisia. Trust me, something will show up sooner or later. It always does...

Hope so. Most of Africa hasn't been excavated, so imagine how much history is waiting to be discovered? It boggles my mind.

I posted some very good stuff on the Phoenicians and especially the Canaanites showing that the original people of that area being just as dark as Africans. And the "white looking" ones coming later. I think I even posted a source stating that the Phoenicians were in fact grouped under the darker skinned Canaanites. Trust me, read the Canaanite part. Some VERY good primary sources that I found around the web.

Africa and Levant have always been connected since the Neolithic.

Do you have any books on the subject? I'm looking to ad a few to my collection. Just copped a few books and one of them is called Egypt,Canaan, and Isreal off ebay for 4 bucks. I like having physical copies of things in case links around the web go dead. It's something I regretted not doing sooner as alot of source materials I built up were taken down.

If you can please post it.
No problem. I'm still trying to find it.

Exactly my point. More importantly how come these people NEVER did a test for the MANY Carthage remains that showed affinity with Africans? I wonder why...?:rolleyes:

Now, now, we can't let truth and objectivity get in the way of our propaganda can we?:mjpls:

Interesting.
Yeah, the Phoenicians were expert agriculturalists and tradesmen. They were well known for their wines and foods and they came up with a different technique for making bread and beer. It made them so much money that when Carthage fell the Romans made sure to take Mago's writings and those recipes from the Carthaginian library. It's really fascinating and the least talked about aspect of the Roman's legacy. Funny thing is, people still enjoy those wines, breads, and foods til this day and have no idea that they owe a debt to Africa.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Hope so. Most of Africa hasn't been excavated, so imagine how much history is waiting to be discovered? It boggles my mind.
I would say only about 2% of Africa outside of Egypt has been excavated. More archaeological work in Africa NEEDS to be done, especially in West Africa. There are some cities that are about 600 BC that are still underground in West Africa. I'm talking Djenna... And of course we know of Tichit Walata which is 1000 BC...

But yeah more work needs to be down.

Do you have any books on the subject? I'm looking to ad a few to my collection. Just copped a book called Egypt,Canaan, and Isreal off ebay for 4 bucks. I like having physical copies of things in case links around the web go dead. It's something I regretted not doing sooner as alot of source materials I built up were taken down.
Unfortunately no...

Now, now, we can't let truth and objectivity get in the way of our propaganda can we?:mjpls:
Indeed.

Yeah, the Phoenicians were expert agriculturalists and tradesmen. They were well known for their wines and foods and they came up with a different technique for making bread and beer. It made them so much money that when Carthage fell the Romans made sure to take Mago's writings and those recipes from the Carthaginian library. It's really fascinating and the least talked about aspect of the Roman's legacy. Funny thing is, people still enjoy those wines, breads, and foods til this day and have no idea that they owe a debt to Africa.

Exactly. Hell the characters on our keyboards that we are using to type at this very moment descend from AFRICAN hieroglyphs...And the Phoenicians influenced much of the Western world and the Phoenicians themselves were influenced by the Egyptians.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I would say only about 2% of Africa outside of Egypt has been excavated. More archaeological work in Africa NEEDS to be done, especially in West Africa. There are some cities that are about 600 BC that are still underground in West Africa. I'm talking Djenna... And of course we know of Tichit Walata which is 1000 BC...

But yeah more work needs to be down.
Exactly, but it's costly and you have to go through alot of channels before you can start digging. I hope someone sees the need and fills it with some recent excavations.

Unfortunately no...

Learn from my mistakes and save whatever web sources you have because they'll be taken down eventually. And when you get a chance acquire some physical copies. Alot of information out there isn't readily on the internet so you have to comb through alot of physical sources to get to the truth (i.e Mago). You would have never seen that quote on Phoenician migration, if I didn't dig into my book and type it out. You know what? It would be dope starting a history site or a blog on African and world history. We could have a section for the continent, one for the diaspora, and on and on. Just an idea that popped into my head. Might as well do something with all of this information.

Exactly. Hell the characters on our keyboards that we are using to type at this very moment descend from AFRICAN hieroglyphs...And the Phoenicians influenced much of the Western world and the Phoenicians themselves were influenced by the Egyptians.

Exactly. So much of our modern world we owe to the ancients in Africa and West Asia that people aren't aware of. That's why learning history is so important.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Exactly, but it's costly and you have to go through alot of channels before you can start digging. I hope someone sees the need and fills it with some recent excavations.

If more Africans in the continent who are ACTUALLY interested in their history take note from Swahili archaeologist Felix Chami, then we might see some work actually pop off... But I agree that it will be costly.

Learn from my mistakes and save whatever web sources you have because they'll be taken down eventually. And when you get a chance acquire some physical copies. Alot of information out there isn't readily on the internet so you have to comb through alot of physical sources to get to the truth (i.e Mago). You would have never seen that quote on Phoenician migration, if I didn't dig into my book and type it out. You know what? It would be dope starting a history site or a blog on African and world history. We could have a section for the continent, one for the diaspora, and on and on. Just an idea that popped into my head. Might as well do something with all of this information.
You're actually right. I have actually created a number of "free to create" blogs/websites to store info and those sites are now gone.. While I LOVE the internet and information age due to the information being just a click away, the problem is that those information if not correctly backed up can disappear. Also I've been slacking on my book buying and I mean a lot.

But I stored a lot of info on the Coli, I just hope that this site continues for a long time.

Exactly. So much of our modern world we owe to the ancients in Africa and West Asia that people aren't aware of. That's why learning history is so important.

Yep. Meanwhile Europe(outside Rome and Greece) until the discovery of the Americas was largely irrelevant in world history. And I mean IRRELEVANT.

But yeah, they definitely can not separate North Africa from the rest of Africa. Its not historically possible and anthropology DOES NOT support that notion.
"Studies from the Sahelian and Sudanic zones have yielded evidence for inter- and intraregional genetic diversity, as well as evidence for relationships with populations at long distances, in sub-Saharan Africa, the Sahara, North Africa and beyond. These data do not support conceptions of racial boundaries in the Sahara: populations intermediate geographically tend to be intermediate genetically, and there is abundant evidence for substantial genetic interchange at long distances and across geographical barriers."
Where in Africa does Africa start? Identity, genetics and African Studies from the Sahara to Darfur.

Also I want to expand on the Levant and parts of the Middle East being apart of Africa and Africans always migrating to that area.

"As we have seen, the Middle East has always been an extension of north-eastern Africa to both grazing animals and the humans who hunted them."
Spencer Wells
The journey of man : a genetic odyssey

Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, c2002
pp 98, 106

Since the Phoenicians were from the Levant and the Levant was always colonized by Africans whether it be from the Neolithic by the Natufians or during the bronze age by the Ancient Egyptians, there is a possibility that the Phoenicians COULD have had some African admixture. But I know for sure that they would have been very dark skinned.

On Egyptsearch people posted these neat images on dark skinned Canaanites when a troll tried to argue that those dark skinned Canaanites weren't Caananites, but Africans.:rolleyes: Anyways...
M0420.jpg

EfljZH.jpg

boston_03_2006%201687%2004.jpg

Most people don't realize that there were "two" types of Canaanites. Like I said the darker ones and then the lighter ones. And again the Phoenicians were grouped under the darker ones.

"'The Phoenician civilization flourished along the eastern coastlines of the Mediterranean Sea (the present-day coasts of Syria, Lebanon, and northern Israel) from approximately 2000 BC to 500 BC

"The Phoenicians likely referred to themselves as Canaanites."

The ancient Greeks were the originators of the term “Phoenicia,” which derives from an ancient Greek word (phoinikes) for the color purple."
http://www.accessscience.com/content/phoenicians/BR0220141

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if that cat was "black" or not but where is the outrage from these people when cacs play the roles of historical roles that were not white :jbhmm: you'll even have fukkin aliens being portrayed as white people :mjlol: they don't even limit their bs to earth

Oh right, there isn't any so who gives a fukk about some whiny fakkits in the comment section. Don't be mad, don't support it or give it any attention and move on.

Immediately thought of this awful film :mjlol: beware of the alien race of fat green-eyed cacs with dreads that have come to enslave mankind

worst-movies-ever-made-battlefield-earth.jpg

Interesting 200 years from now cacs will be angry that Jay Z and Beyonce are portrayed as black in a show or movie because blacks today did nothing to contribute to society. All music was made by no rythum cacs and the Bush hairstyle is a white pride symbol. MLK was a cac that had jungle fever and Michael Jordan had long blonde hair.

-somewhere in the year 4016

"The ancient Americans were white, bro. I mean look at Mount Rushmore. Look at the ancient U.S Currency. Look at the Lincoln Memorial. Even the Statue of Liberty is white"
full

"This documentary is BULLSHYT. Beyonce had blond hair. What black person do you know that has blond hair? Clearly she had to have been white. Im so sick of these liberals trying to re-write history to make blacks feel better"
full

"Blacks were slaves back then, they didnt know how to read or write. So how could Jay-Z have been black if he couldnt write his own rhymes? Present day Brooklyn is inhabited by the Jews. Why do blacks feel the need to claim everyone? So annoying"
full

"Basketball was invented by a white man, and blacks weren't even allowed in the NBA during the 20th century. Its not even historically possible for Michael Jordan to be black! Even the NBA logo is a silhouette of Jerry West, who was described as white by historians."
full

Last edited:

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
If more Africans in the continent who are ACTUALLY interested in their history take note from Swahili archaeologist Felix Chami, then we might see some work actually pop off... But I agree that it will be costly.
The new generation is starting to wake up so maybe we'll see what happens down the road. Alot of change is happening on the continent.

You're actually right. I have actually created a number of "free to create" blogs/websites to store info and those sites are now gone.. While I LOVE the internet and information age due to the information being just a click away, the problem is that those information if not correctly backed up can disappear. Also I've been slacking on my book buying and I mean a lot.

But I stored a lot of info on the Coli, I just hope that this site continues for a long time.

I can't even lie, collecting and buying books can not only be expensive, but they can't take up alot of space. I have so many books that I had to store alot of em in boxes and crates because I couldn't fit them all on my book shelf. Over the years, I've loaned them out to orgs and profs for projects and research, and I've also hosted book readings and clubs to get people interested in learning more about African history. The more I can get my hands on, the more knowledge I can spread to the community (At least that's the way I see it).

I don't know your financial situation, but when you can, start buying those books on subjects that interest you the most so you won't feel like you're wasting your money.

Yep. Meanwhile Europe(outside Rome and Greece) until the discovery of the Americas was largely irrelevant in world history. And I mean IRRELEVANT.

But yeah, they definitely can not separate North Africa from the rest of Africa. Its not historically possible and anthropology DOES NOT support that notion.

Where in Africa does Africa start? Identity, genetics and African Studies from the Sahara to Darfur.

Greece and Rome flourished more than their northern neighbors because they had contact with Africa and Asia. You could argue that both Greece and Rome are more Africanized and Oriental than they are European.

Also I want to expand on the Levant and parts of the Middle East being apart of Africa and Africans always migrating to that area.

"As we have seen, the Middle East has always been an extension of north-eastern Africa to both grazing animals and the humans who hunted them."
Spencer Wells
The journey of man : a genetic odyssey
Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, c2002
pp 98, 106

Since the Phoenicians were from the Levant and the Levant was always colonized by Africans whether it be from the Neolithic by the Natufians or during the bronze age by the Ancient Egyptians, there is a possibility that the Phoenicians COULD have had some African admixture. But I know for sure that they would have been very dark skinned.

From what I've read, it's believed that the Natufians are responsible for the spread of Semitic in the near east. And if that is to be believed, then you have to consider that the early semites themselves were Africans arriving in the levant and they encountered the natufians and mixed from there. But these early Semites could have come much earlier and mixed with the Mushabeans and other groups in the area.

On Egyptsearch people posted these neat images on dark skinned Canaanites when a troll tried to argue that those dark skinned Canaanites weren't Caananites, but Africans.:rolleyes: Anyways...
M0420.jpg

EfljZH.jpg

boston_03_2006%201687%2004.jpg

Most people don't realize that there were "two" types of Canaanites. Like I said the darker ones and then the lighter ones. And again the Phoenicians were grouped under the darker ones.

http://www.accessscience.com/content/phoenicians/BR0220141

Yeah, it's hard for people to fathom that indigenous people can come in many shades and not be admixed. During this time, Canaanites didn't look that much different from Africans. I have these photos in a few Eastern art books I own. According to the Greeks, they came in a variety of colors ranging from "Dark Red" to "light brown dye".

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SNGANS_36.jpg

I think that this is Hannibal and his elephant division. This is right out of Sex and Race by JA Rodgers.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If white people can't take credit for something, they make damn sure that Black people aren't given credit for it. They will acknowledge the achievements of other races. But they will deny to death ANYTHING positive attributed to Black people. They will not do it. They REFUSE to believe that Black people can achieve anything great because it threatens the notion of their supremacy.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The new generation is starting to wake up so maybe we'll see what happens down the road. Alot of change is happening on the continent.

I can't even lie, collecting and buying books can not only be expensive, but they can't take up alot of space. I have so many books that I had to store alot of em in boxes and crates because I couldn't fit them all on my book shelf. Over the years, I've loaned them out to orgs and profs for projects and research, and I've also hosted book readings and clubs to get people interested in learning more about African history. The more I can get my hands on, the more knowledge I can spread to the community (At least that's the way I see it).

I don't know your financial situation, but when you can, start buying those books on subjects that interest you the most so you won't feel like you're wasting your money.

Greece and Rome flourished more than their northern neighbors because they had contact with Africa and Asia. You could argue that both Greece and Rome are more Africanized and Oriental than they are European.

From what I've read, it's believed that the Natufians are responsible for the spread of Semitic in the near east. And if that is to be believed, then you have to consider that the early semites themselves were Africans arriving in the levant and they encountered the natufians and mixed from there. But these early Semites could have come much earlier and mixed with the Mushabeans and other groups in the area.

Yeah, it's hard for people to fathom that indigenous people can come in many shades and not be admixed. During this time, Canaanites didn't look that much different from Africans. I have these photos in a few Eastern art books I own. According to the Greeks, they came in a variety of colors ranging from "Dark Red" to "light brown dye".

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't know about Rome, but Greece was definitely heavily influenced by Africans but mostly Asians. Hell there was a period of Greece called the Orientalization period.

And yeah some correlate the Semitic migration into the Middle East with the Natufians. And according to the Greeks the more lighter toned Canaanites came later and again the Phoenicians were grouped under the darker ones.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dislike bar :snoop:

Anyone with YouTube account here give it a like.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dislike bar :snoop:

This is probably out of vain but anyone with YouTube account here give it a like.

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Because anyone or anything that pertains to blackness where black people have been intellectually superior then cacs, the race of the said person or people has to be disputed to disporve black people are intellectually superior then cacs.

See Ancient Egypt, the Moors, Hannabal, Septimius Severus, Attila, etc.

All are still disputed by cacs because they cannot fathom black men being intellectually superior then cacs

They can let A-rabs have Saladin, or any other ethnic non-black icon, but a black man who embarrassed cacs cannot be black.
saladin was no A-rab