History Channel Portrays Hannibal as Black, White People Cry Foul Over ‘Historical Revisionism’

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is where you have to put things into perspective. Look at what happened in America in just several hundred years. You don't think these same things happened in the rest of the world over several thousand? For instance look at how many white folks claim to be Native American. Several thousand years of war, trade, and imperialism is more than enough to change the racial makeup of a region. I could go on and on

I already explained why the America analogy doesn't make sense, it's a completely different dynamic. Of course there was some mixing over the course of several thousand years....but if you are going to say that it was to the extent that such a huge swath of the world population literally turned from one people into another, you're going to have to produce some evidence for that, otherwise you might as well be talking about the fall of Atlantis. Once humans evolved and coalesced into their respective groups and gave rise to what we refer to as the ancient world, they pretty much segregated themselves from one another and formed their own identities, ethnicities, tribes ,etc;

Excellent, you are definitely a thinking man. The problem is, these ancient narratives are not talking about the middle east. LOL. That is the big secret. When you read these Egyptian histories and biblical histories they give NO REFERENCE to the middle east. The Syrians or "Canaanites" dwelt in the "land flowing with milk and honey, across the flood" A desert is not flowing with milk and honey. The Ancient African histories and Ancient American histories are intertwined. It was VERY EASY for west africans to cross into south america. That is why they cannot locate ANY of these ancient cities in those lands (middle east) yet, across the flood in THOSE lands (south america) are filled with pyramids.

They don't mention Africa either, so I don't see how that's relevant. I don't even know why you're bringing up Egyptians or ancient America. Terms like "Middle East," "Africa," and "Eurasia," and "America" are for provisional use only, using them to make the type of claims you're making here is a huge stretch. If it were very easy for west africans to cross into the America's, it should have been even easier for them keep detailed records of those voyages. They didn't.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You never asked me for proof.
Im asking you for proof now.

You said in your statement that Hannibal wasnt black so Im asking for your proof.

I have no interest in changing your belief but you went farther and asserted it as fact so now Im asking for proof.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Hannibal.jpg

The audacity of anybody to dispute the race of Hannibal is ridiculous :mindblown:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This is what happens when you try to argue with a laymen that not only knows what she is talking about and never studied history, but more importantly ignores your key points while continuing to project nonsense into ones argument.
So you are going to pretend that you didn't ask a poster to prove that the Romans called him Black?
So we're going to act like the word "Moor" during the time of Hannibal, wasn't mostly used by the Romans? The Romans were the ones who used the term "Moor" for the most part of the time period.

Now where do I say in ANY of those posts that we should only go by the Romans.:rolleyes:

Stop with the weak projections already.

You are going to pretend that you didn't ask me why the Romans would lie?
Are you even making sense?:ohmy: Why the heck would I lie when I'm still waiting for an example. You still have not thus for given us an example of the Romans lying about the race of Hannibal or any other group!

This is what happens when people just argue just to argue.

As if the Romans are the only ones who can verify this information for you.
Just another example of you putting stuff in peoples mouths. Still waiting for you to give us an example of the Romans distorting the race of a group or person.:rolleyes:

As if the Romans have never distorted the racial history of its Empire.
Waiting for you to fetch us an example. I already told you many times that the Romans saw lighter toned people as INFERIOR, while they saw darker skinned people like the Nubians, Garamantes and native Carthaginians(Numidians) as more intelligent.

"Now while the southern peoples are of acute intelligence and infinite resource, they give way when courage is demanded because their strength is drained away by the sun, but those who are born in colder regions by their fearless courage are better equipped for the clash of arms, yet by their slowness of mind they rush on without reflection, and through lack of tactics are balked of their purpose... Italy presents good qualities which are tempered by admixture from either side both north and south, and are consequently unsurpassed. And so, by its policy, it curbs the courage of the northern barbarians, by its strength, the imaginative south. Thu the divine mind has allotted to the Roman state an excellent and temperate region in order to rule the world."
Roman Civilization: Selected Readings, Volume 2

Basically saying that the Romans believed that since they were a mixture of those from the north(Europe) and south(Africa) that they have the best "balance." They considered those of the south(Africa) to be more intelligent, while those from the North(Europe) to have a lot of brute strength but less intelligent. Not only that, but I believe one poster already said Roman generals respected Hannibal.

Once AGAIN WHAT REASON would the Romans have to lie about Hannibal's ethnicity??? If ANYTHING if Hannibal was lighter toned like a pale skinned Northern European, they would lie since they considered those groups to be barbarians and inferior.

As if the Romans didn't intentionally delete all information about Carthage from their known world.

As if there aren't groups of people who were assimilated into the Roman Empire with no evidence of those folks original race.

But Rome knows best

Touché

And yet still no example of Rome lying about Hannibal's or anyone else race/ethnicity...:rolleyes:

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I already explained why the America analogy doesn't make sense, it's a completely different dynamic. Of course there was some mixing over the course of several thousand years....but if you are going to say that it was to the extent that such a huge swath of the world population literally turned from one people into another, you're going to have to produce some evidence for that, otherwise you might as well be talking about the fall of Atlantis. Once humans evolved and coalesced into their respective groups and gave rise to what we refer to as the ancient world, they pretty much segregated themselves from one another and formed their own identities, ethnicities, tribes ,etc;

They don't mention Africa either, so I don't see how that's relevant. I don't even know why you're bringing up Egyptians or ancient America. Terms like "Middle East," "Africa," and "Eurasia," and "America" are for provisional use only, using them to make the type of claims you're making here is a huge stretch. If it were very easy for west africans to cross into the America's, it should have been even easier for them keep detailed records of those voyages. They didn't.

Actually they did. They documented their last voyage into the Americas in the 1300s. The other voyages are well documented. You just don't know these people that are now called "African" were these people.

And of course they don't mention "Africa". Africa is a 18th century European label just like the other labels on the maps were positioned by them. You say dark syrian. You don't even know the origin of the name "Syria" and that it is a biblical reference, yet you denounce the bible. :mjlol:. Its you who's confused my friend.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I meant like a modern day syrian, who are neither black or white, some darker than others.

If the people in those lands were all "negroid" at one point, it would show blatantly in their populace, but it doesn't. we have notions of what a stereotypical "middle easterner" looks like for a reason, and it isn't "black."

That's the question you guys can never answer. If all these nations and peoples were originally "black," where did everybody else come from? How far are you going to stretch the "foreign invasion" excuse? The world isn't populated simply by whites, blacks, and mulattos. Humanity is diverse and robust.

"American":
article-2019180-0C641742000005DC-12_468x311.jpg

"Mexican"
iStock_000010256014XSmall.jpg

"Malaysian"
Chinese-New-Year-it's-a-family-affair-1-size-3.jpg

I could go on and on. A lot of places have people living there now THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINALS, DOESN'T MEAN THE ORIGINALS NEVER EXISTED!!!!!! :mindblown:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Im asking you for proof now.

You said in your statement that Hannibal wasnt black so Im asking for your proof.

I have no interest in changing your belief but you went farther and asserted it as fact so now Im asking for proof.
You initially didn't ask me for proof and you only did so when I asked you to link me some scholarly articles worth reading and in the same time would clearly debunk my belief.
Just do me a favour and stop quoting me.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"American":
article-2019180-0C641742000005DC-12_468x311.jpg

"Mexican"
iStock_000010256014XSmall.jpg

"Malaysian"
Chinese-New-Year-it's-a-family-affair-1-size-3.jpg

I could go on and on. A lot of places have people living there now THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINALS, DOESN'T MEAN THE ORIGINALS NEVER EXISTED!!!!!! :mindblown:
:dahell: North Africa is not only indigenous to Black people. Berbers are also indigenous to North Africa.