History Channel Portrays Hannibal as Black, White People Cry Foul Over ‘Historical Revisionism’

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What you're seeing is how poisonous the whole idea of "race" is, even to people who are forced into the bottom of the imaginary racial ladder.

The whole idea of describing Hannibal as a "black guy" or a "white guy" is thoroughly modern.

No the problem is not "race", since we may sometimes NEED to use "race" of any form when discussing historic topics. People like the Romans, Al Jahiz and hell even the bible had their own version of "races." And even historians themselves discuss the "race" of certain groups. And yes there were terms for "black" or "white" during classical times.

The real problem is that some of these people don't even have a real vested interest in these topics, whether we are discussion about race. Their only interest just to fuel their agenda.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Hannibal wasnt black but this faux outrage is for the wrong reasons,bet if it was a WASP looking mothafukka playing him,they wouldnt be crying about revisionist history.
Oh really????

Then what was he? Go ahead and enlighten us with ur knowledge about ancient carthage

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thats what Im accusing you of fool lol.

Show me nonwhite scholars who said that Hannibal wasnt black.
Now you're moving goal-posts. I don't have to show you non-white scholars who said Hannibal wasn't Black, I asked you to link me some scholarly articles that would help sway my opinion and properly inform me, if need be. I don't even care if the author of the article is Black, White, Asian, Mexican, etc
If you're adamant about your belief, and are traversed in this topic, you would have given me dozens of articles by now.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Now you're moving goal-posts. I don't have to show you non-white scholars who said Hannibal wasn't Black, I asked you to link me some scholarly articles that would help sway my opinion and properly inform me, if need be. I don't even care if the author of the article is Black, White, Asian, Mexican, etc
If you're adamant about your belief, and are traversed in this topic, you would have given me dozens of articles by now.
No goal posts was moved.

You said that Hannibal wasnt black like it is fact:

Summerians were never black you moron, and same goes for Hannibal.

Im asking you for proof for your statement.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bruh.

She was the Queen to King George the III.

Do you think they WANTED to write that article?
When they did portraits of the Queen, they might of altered it to avoid her having Black African features, but then again it's still speculation. Is there any DNA tests on this person's remains?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No goal posts was moved.

You said that Hannibal wasnt black like it is fact:

Im asking you for proof for your statement.
You never asked me for proof.
So are you going to link me those articles or do I have to find it myself?