HipHop50 - Yankee Stadium Livestream

Daps
Just watching the start of the show now. Finished the Ladies of Hip Hop tribute...... Lil Kim foul for setting Cease up with that ad-lib when she was spitting the Quiet Storm remix verse.....:russ:..........man screaming out "hard as a cock"....:dame:...........foul... Cease must've felt a way after he realized what he said.... :dead:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
With Nas' recent run, his clear commitment to the culture and ability to make something like this happen he may have gone to number 1 for me.

While he's got plenty of success outside of the game he's putting the majority of his energy into celebrating, promoting and discussing hip hop while others at his level are primarily focusing on their own legacy or other endeavors.

Hov has always been the GOAT to me but there is a clear disconnect between him and Nas in terms of the effort and energy they put into hip hop as a culture over the last 5 years.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
With Nas' recent run, his clear commitment to the culture and ability to make something like this happen he may have gone to number 1 for me.

While he's got plenty of success outside of the game he's putting the majority of his energy into celebrating, promoting and discussing hip hop while others at his level are primarily focusing on their own legacy or other endeavors.

Hov has always been the GOAT to me but there is a clear disconnect between him and Nas in terms of the effort and energy they put into hip hop as a culture over the last 5 years.

LL too... Nas and LL def made Hip Hop 50 years epic.

Last night was tough because LL tour was in Bmore and I wanted to go, but I stayed in to watch last night.

No regrets

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@dubsmith_nz
I don't compare artists in that way, but I agree with your comment about how Nas has become a curator, archivist, and historian for the culture.

He came in the industry with that leaning. The Wild Style intro and samples on his debut album gave us a glimpse into that. His elementary school classmate ,Sasha Jenkins , came up through the ranks as hip hop journalist. So cool that he and Nas have linked up on so many projects.

Good that it's them documenting the culture for the future. And not outsiders.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I still feel like A Boogie is more regional than anything, but it shows that we don’t want the biggest artist here to be regional.
U sleep smh he just sold out a nationwide multicity tour, sold out international dates all over Canada and the UK, and is about to go on a nationwide college tour, sold out the Barclays as headliner

20.1M monthly Spotify listeners dude he is NOT regional :hhh:

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
U sleep smh he just sold out a nationwide multicity tour, sold out international dates all over Canada and the UK, and is about to go on a nationwide college tour.

20.1M monthly Spotify listeners dude he is NOT regional
You know why I say he's regional? Because much of his success stems from how big he is in the city. He doesn't have these massive nationwide hits. He's not out here on those big time feature runs. It's like Kevin Gates. Gates goes gold and plat and is real self sufficient, but not many people outside of his core base could name you 4 songs from him.

A dude like B-Loveee? Local.

A Boogie? Regional.

The Cardi's, Nicki's and the push Ice Spice is getting? National. That's not a knock on A Boogie at all. I'm just saying he's the guy the city is behind and because he's not all over the place that you still get people wondering who gonna bring the city back. His success is really good but it isn't the same way as everyone else's. His path is abnormal in many respects (nothing wrong with that)

Pop Smoke was a local dude before Dior took off and only became national after he got killed.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I loved the show, but it should have started about 3 or 4 hours earlier than it did. Run DMC shouldn't be coming on after 1am in the morning. I'm imagining they couldn't get the Yankees to sign off on a 2 day event, so the next best option would have been to start it early.
The Jonas Brothers are doing 2 shows this weekend.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Jonas Brothers are doing 2 shows this weekend.

The Steinbrenner family been :mjpls:
ltariq_gunz.jpg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was fukking dope last night but we dipped after nas cause the last metro was at 2:05 and someone told us it was livestreaming too :stopitslime:

Regardless im glad i attended and the energy was real and well balanced between flabby old hip hop heads middle aged people like me and young things just vibing on a friday night. As soon as Nas started talking about being nobody i knew ms hill was coming

:blessed:

You were tight they livestreamed it?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
You know why I say he's regional? Because much of his success stems from how big he is in the city. He doesn't have these massive nationwide hits. He's not out here on those big time feature runs. It's like Kevin Gates. Gates goes gold and plat and is real self sufficient, but not many people outside of his core base could name you 4 songs from him.

A dude like B-Loveee? Local.

A Boogie? Regional.

The Cardi's, Nicki's and the push Ice Spice is getting? National. That's not a knock on A Boogie at all. I'm just saying he's the guy the city is behind and because he's not all over the place that you still get people wondering who gonna bring the city back. His success is really good but it isn't the same way as everyone else's. His path is abnormal in many respects (nothing wrong with that)

Pop Smoke was a local dude before Dior took off and only became national after he got killed.
During that 50 Cent Tyc00n Comedy and Music fest in Houston, A Boogie got the lowest reaction the whole night outside of B Simone. It also didn’t help that he was a terrible performer.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watching the start of the show now. Finished the Ladies of Hip Hop tribute...... Lil Kim foul for setting Cease up with that ad-lib when she was spitting the Quiet Storm remix verse.....:russ:..........man screaming out "hard as a cock"....:dame:...........foul... Cease must've felt a way after he realized what he said.... :dead:

Nah Cease said that shyt loud n proud

• Wow
Reactions: QBN