HipHop50 - Yankee Stadium Livestream

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You were tight they livestreamed it?

No i was tight that i didnt know that because i went to the 50cent concert at Barclays on wednesday and was already burnt out from that so i was going to sell me and wifeys tickets. If i knew it was going to be streamed legally i wouldve made money off them and still got to see it but im not mad at being there because it was all love and the audio from the stream didnt capture the atmosphere with the noise cancelling because it was live as fukk

By the time Nas came on nikkas was so high and drunk that we was just vibing off the energy soaking it up. I know about 10 people who couldve went and are mad that they didnt

:yeshrug:

QBN

All Star
Daps
I feel like this should be stickied, no? Great show and the vid is still on YT. Been sharing it with my whole family & circle because there was something in that show for Hip Hop fans no matter which generation you come from.

I know he's fallen out of favor on the Coli. but g'damn I forgot how many hits T.I has. He had that NYC crowd rocking! :whoo:

QBN

All Star
Daps
On a live feed with 40, 000 people you would not be able to hear the artist if they didnt have a noise block on the feed.

The crowd was live from everyone that attended. Same technolgy they use for earbuds
Thanks to you and some other brehs for explaining this. I kept getting vexed at how the crowd seemed so dead at times, not realizing it was the noise block effect.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You know why I say he's regional? Because much of his success stems from how big he is in the city. He doesn't have these massive nationwide hits. He's not out here on those big time feature runs. It's like Kevin Gates. Gates goes gold and plat and is real self sufficient, but not many people outside of his core base could name you 4 songs from him.

A dude like B-Loveee? Local.

A Boogie? Regional.

The Cardi's, Nicki's and the push Ice Spice is getting? National. That's not a knock on A Boogie at all. I'm just saying he's the guy the city is behind and because he's not all over the place that you still get people wondering who gonna bring the city back. His success is really good but it isn't the same way as everyone else's. His path is abnormal in many respects (nothing wrong with that)

Pop Smoke was a local dude before Dior took off and only became national after he got killed.
Yeah idk he tours everywhere and has plenty of platinum plaques, Billboard entries, features all over the industry through various genres, that’s not the mark of a regional rapper. He’s more successful than the majority of rappers from his generation.

His core fanbase is huge and it’s Def not just NY

A boogie is just an introverted guy if he was stirring beefs and controversies his celebrity profile might be bigger

Let’s not downplay our stars and buy into retarded NY hating narratives dude is a star for Gen Z.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this should be stickied, no? Great show and the vid is still on YT. Been sharing it with my whole family & circle because there was something in that show for Hip Hop fans no matter which generation you come from.

I know he's fallen out of favor on the Coli. but g'damn I forgot how many hits T.I has. He had that NYC crowd rocking! :whoo:

It should be.

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This was the best Hip Hop Concert I've seen in years. I actually had a little watch party we got tore up watching it stream all the way till pushing 3 AM. NaS and Mass Appeal was genius living streaming it for the world. It was a party watching it. They represented every region though yes New Yorkers went in. But I liked the line up. Hearing "Fast Life" Live was crazy. NaS really performed "Nobody" with L-Boogie. LOL @ Lauryn doing all the Fugees hits too. It was also an nice variety so New York did in fact look out for other regions on this show and represented everyone. Ice Cube and Snoop were basically a part of the Headlines same with Lil' Wayne. Run-DMC killed it. This show will gone down in History for sure. LL had a good show with Rock the Bells too. New York really represented for the 50th Anniversary. Amazing show, huge crowd too. They should definitely edited properly and put out a DVD for it.

:banderas:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
No i was tight that i didnt know that because i went to the 50cent concert at Barclays on wednesday and was already burnt out from that so i was going to sell me and wifeys tickets. If i knew it was going to be streamed legally i wouldve made money off them and still got to see it but im not mad at being there because it was all love and the audio from the stream didnt capture the atmosphere with the noise cancelling because it was live as fukk

By the time Nas came on nikkas was so high and drunk that we was just vibing off the energy soaking it up. I know about 10 people who couldve went and are mad that they didnt

now you know 11
:mjcry:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa

What times T.I. on? I've always wanted to see him live

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Breh anyone who didn’t go and could have is crazy. For $100 you’re not getting a lineup like that ever again. Floor seats were more $ but it was worth it as well. Couple of my people were down below and some of their pics/videos looked amazing. I wish this concert was a 2 day event because so many others could’ve been there but I’m grateful I got to see this in person. There needs to be more events at the stadium

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

I saw 50 the day after on Thursday at Barclay then went to this on Friday. 50's show was dope, especially cause he went all out with the stage production. It was better than I expected honestly. So that night is he brought out Lola Brooks, Scarlip, Bobby Shmurda and Jeremiah.
The hiphop is 50 concert was still worth going to. Great vibes and I can't recall seeing any incidents. Shyt was maaad long though and historical. I ended up leaving at like 1:15am during Nas and Lauren's set. I totally forgot RUN DMC was up after. Kinda regret leaving before seeing their last performance. I was tired at that point and I parked on the street around there, and didn't wanna get caught in that aftershow traffic after drinking 2 tallboys there.

My wife was tight she turned down going to both shows. Still had to do dad duties the next morning.

I'm still tired from Thursday and Friday. Good times though.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It looked like Nas and Lauryn had timing issues at the start of Nobody and for If I ruled the World.. Green Lantern be on point so I wonder what the issue was.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh anyone who didn’t go and could have is crazy. For $100 you’re not getting a lineup like that ever again. Floor seats were more $ but it was worth it as well. Couple of my people were down below and some of their pics/videos looked amazing. I wish this concert was a 2 day event because so many others could’ve been there but I’m grateful I got to see this in person. There needs to be more events at the stadium

Oh for sure it was well worth it im just and old breh that felt the fatigue of back 2 back concerts in one week. I also went to Nas kings disease trilogy tour back in february at MSG so when he was added to the line up the week before i was going for sure.

I went to beyonces show the 29th at metlife and its good to see the older artists putting out great shows. I dont want to see these artist when they are washed pointing the mike to the crowd expecting u to sing they shyt

:russ: