Hip-Hop Producer J-Dilla's Equipment Donated To The Smithsonian & Put on Display

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Dilla was ill but I cant put him top 5..He never produced a whole classic album like Rza or Havoc or Dre or Premier

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Man i know its cliche to be a Dilla fan, BUT its warranted. Dilla was fukkING ILL. He was. He was Pete Rock on acid. Dude was serious with the beats. He could do anything, jazz, funk, electro, r&b and of course hip hop. The way he sampled, the cuts, the drum programming, he took the MPC to new heights. He fathered cats like Black Milk, got the admiration from his mentors like Pete Rock, and him and Madlib? GODS. He is a GOD. A beat GOD. He might not have produced for like Jay-z or Nas but DILLA GOT BEATS. He had Kanye trying to mimic his style for Common's "Be". nikkas need to stop hating, don't let the Dilla dikk riding blind you, and just turn it UP!! Dilla deserves this. For real. Check him out. Dude got beats. I mean, he got beats. Him, Madlib, Alchemist and 9th wonder , they took the torch From Pete Rock, RZA, Preemo. Dilla was nice. And he is missed

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soon as I saw this post I was like :obama: how dope is that. then I thought, someone's gonna say he's overrated. We got that in the first post lol. oh well. :salute: to the great. his fans and the people he worked with recognize the impact he had on music and it's nice to see others are as well.

Truality

classic
Daps
Ur prolly talkin about the mixtape i dropped a few years ago

Dont see how that effects my opinion of rap as a fan but then again theres alot of weirdos here

I do have a side job rap career my official album is in the process of being online promoted in the next few weeks

Im just waiting for it to get in itunes

Heres snippets if u wanna hear them:

http://www.cdbaby.com/m/cd/liotta3

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
@Truality Like a breh said earlier, Dilla created multiple styles of rap beats but none of his stuff ever crossed over to be huge pop hits like a Dre or Rza. He pioneered that "off the grid" drum style, huge role in the neo soul sound, and was a master of sample chopping. Dilla is really like a producers producer. A lot of his genius is in the details that a lot of people might miss on a casual listen, his drum patterns always had a ill groove, his drum sounds were impeccable, and he flipped so many styles. His music is unique and even though he has many imitators, no one can do really recreate what he did.