Hip-Hop Producer J-Dilla's Equipment Donated To The Smithsonian & Put on Display

Truality

classic
Daps
Im a pretty deep producer

Heavy sample based

Ive never been into neo soul

Might be the reason dilla is bleh to me

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is incredible to me. This is great recognition for an incredible musician.

"Minimoog Voyager" tho? I'm not a studio head but I thought everything was done on sp12 / MPC

Truality

classic
Daps
this thread proves me right

i ain't into the neo-soul

but he had a few great tracks

so although he's good like i said b4, most of the stuff is average

no reason to treat him so godly

overrated

maybe top 25 being #25

i can name a bunch of producers that i think are better

in my opinion of course

also RIP dilla i'm not trying to diss the man i'm not sayin he sucked

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
this thread proves me right

i ain't into the neo-soul

but he had a few great tracks

so although he's good like i said b4, most of the stuff is average

no reason to treat him so godly

overrated

maybe top 25 being #25

i can name a bunch of producers that i think are better

in my opinion of course

also RIP dilla i'm not trying to diss the man i'm not sayin he sucked
The bolded is all that matters and you have stated that opinion over and over.....so clearly you are in here to troll or to provoke people who are fans of his work...move on

RIP to Dilla and this is a great honor and speaks volumes to how much his work is respected by not just the rap, but the music world

Daps
Reppin
VOID
One of the undisputed GOAT Producers period.

People don't even understand that dude was a pioneer when he came out cause he was the first the bridge the gap between the digitaland analog era in production. Before you even had people like Timbaland and Swizz Beats using synths and keyboards with drum machines in the late 90s and moving away from sampling, Dilla did it in the mid 90s and set the tone for the rest of the decade and the production style within hip-hop. He had an understanding about music in general I feel that a lot of people did not. While many were sampling very well known records, he was always about either tweaking familiar samples to the point of they were unrecognizable or taking obscure records and adding his touch to it. I was a fan of his when no one even cared about Dilla as a household name like that...as someone who listened to Slum Village through college radio shows in the late 90s...his synth sub bassy type of style kind of just hit me. You either like his stuff or you don't. It's not worth fighting over...it's all about recognizing that man's impact on the game.