Hidden Colors 3: The Rules of Racism (Official Thread)

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shut ya groupie ass up :mjlol: if i wanted to hate on tariq, i'd talk about how he got a damn near white baby from a biracial chick :todd: i'd bring up how the nikka lives in an all white community, but he talking all that faux pro-black shyt :joel: or i'd talk about the nikkas seemingly ambiguous homosexual nature, right down to playing gay ass video clips in all of his ustream shows :dahell:but that's yo king tho :leon:

wpid-untitled-127brz8.gif

ibbrlNiMv1tY8y.gif

remix6mojj.gif

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll ask you the same question I've asked others in this thread (and all the other HC related threads).

1. Tell me specifically which parts you disagreed with
2. Post some link to resources that you feel would provide a better understanding of the subject

Still haven't watched yet. I'll take a look at later tonight and post my impressions. The last person who told me about a documentary that was supposedly soooooooooo much better than HC told me to watch A Great and Mighty Walk by John Henrick Clarke. It was a decent enough film, but it really wasn't anything like the HC series, it was more about him telling the story of his life.

So if this documentary is garbage, prepare yourself for a A Great and Might Neg :ufdup:

You're trying to enter an element of enlightenment with a negative mindset

Whenever I'm recommended any form of media regarding black past/current affairs I am :blessed:

Your opinion on the documentary is invalid until you watch it in full, preconceptions does not rule the roast

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe me brother, I didn't notice none of this the first couple times I watched it. To date I've seen HC 5/6 times.

1. The cut scenes of Hidden Colours were political sattire, go back and look at them. This leads the viewer down the route of the
theoretical aspect of Black Empowerment

2. At one scene they speak of King Charles or King James I being a black man. This again fed into the theoretical aspect of Black Empowerment being an Afrocentric attack on modern history, staking claim to any and every historical figure

3. Lastly the depiction of the Moors was completely wrong. Under no instance did they state that The Moors were Blacks under the command of the Arab State (Caliphate) So when looking at the Moorish Rule of Iberia (Spain and Portugal) 8th Century to exactly 1492 (surprise surprise!!) you're looking at Arab Rule of Iberia.

And lastly, The Moors were the Black Africans who were used to infiltrate the Western African tribes and thus co-create a Trade of the African for Capitalistic gain.

It is conceivable to have missed this fact, absolutely inconceivable
. Especially as a student of Black History

I can elaborate on emphasize of 1492 if you want.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died

Whenever I'm recommended any form of media regarding black past/current affairs I am :blessed:

Your opinion on the documentary is invalid until you watch it in full, preconceptions does not rule the roast

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe me brother, I didn't notice none of this the first couple times I watched it. To date I've seen HC 5/6 times.

1. The cut scenes of Hidden Colours were political sattire, go back and look at them. This leads the viewer down the route of the
theoretical aspect of Black Empowerment

2. At one scene they speak of King Charles or King James I being a black man. This again fed into the theoretical aspect of Black Empowerment being an Afrocentric attack on modern history, staking claim to any and every historical figure

3. Lastly the depiction of the Moors was completely wrong. Under no instance did they state that The Moors were Blacks under the command of the Arab State (Caliphate) So when looking at the Moorish Rule of Iberia (Spain and Portugal) 8th Century to exactly 1492 (surprise surprise!!) you're looking at Arab Rule of Iberia.

And lastly, The Moors were the Black Africans who were used to infiltrate the Western African tribes and thus co-create a Trade of the African for Capitalistic gain.

Ok. I always thought the Moors ruled Spain. Were the moors just more numerous and had recognition from the things they did but still under the Arabs is that why they called it "moorish Spain"?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok. I always thought the Moors ruled Spain. Were the moors just more numerous and had recognition from the things they did but still under the Arabs is that why they called it "moorish Spain"?
It's called Moorish Spain because Modern history/ Public History refuse to acknowledge Arabic Colonialism

They've literally sat down and agreed to write this out of the history books, staight collusion.

Hence why the public do not know the Arab Slave Trade lasted 1200years up until the 1930s "officially"

Last edited:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
You're hating my brother. I haven't seen yours or the one you posted,so i can't compare. What you SHOULD do is ask yourself how you can market yours to be equally popular or MORE popular than tariq's. Coming in here disrespecting Tariq's efforts does nothing for anybody but them CACs. You're approach should be tariq is doing his thing and ya'll should check this out too.

Nikkas can't do that because they are programmed to hate another black man's work just like Cacs do. Cacs spend their time trying to discredit nikkas and nikkas spend their time trying to discredit nikkas. Let Tim Wise make the same HC docs and they would co-sign.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nikkas can't do that because they are programmed to hate another black man's work just like Cacs do. Cacs spend their time trying to discredit nikkas and nikkas spend their time trying to discredit nikkas. Let Tim Wise make the same HC docs and they would co-sign.

I remember when Tariq was being interviewed by some broad about Hidden Colors and the broad said he should leave the telling of African history up to people like Tim Wise :snoop:

Come to find out her husband was a cac :skip:

I'm not even sure what you're talking about here breh :dwillhuh: I don't have an opinion on the doc you posted because I haven't seen it yet. Did you confuse me with someone else did you just pop a molly before typing?

So let me make sure I understand this correctly. You're saying that the Moors who invaded Spain weren't black and the only "black Moors" were the ones who were used by the Arabs (aka the real Moors) to infiltrate West Africa only for monetary reasons?

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
i still haven't seen HC 1-2 :heh: i dont want to bootleg it but at the same time, i take issue w/tariqs hustling tactics. dude puts out kickstarter pages to get people to donate, only for him to turn around and sell the dvd to the same fans. dude is double dipping too hard for me.

i listened to his justification for it in older podcast. talking about how he has to pay camera men, editors, copyrighted material, flights, etc. then in later podcast, he slips up and admits he's doing the editing, filming and he uses public domain content for his movie. i aint knocking the dude, but he's bringing too much of his hustler mentality to the "group economics" arena

Was Spike Lee double dipping when he asked for money to create Malcolm X? I don't know why you nikkas have a hard time supporting your own kind. I have no problem with what he is doing getting kickstarter funds. You think this shyt is free. You must not know the expenses that are made on docs. That shyt you watch on the Discovery Channel cost a lot more money that you think. Cacs do the kickstarter shyt all the time, but they are not being criticized and don't spend time criticizing their own. Depending on how much you donated you can be listed as a contributor to the project, even have your name show up as one of the producers in IMBD. Your skeptical mentality is the same mentality that cacs have when you want to secure a business loan at one of their banks. You need to open your eyes breh. There is a reason we are behind as a people and its because of mentalities like yours being so common throughout our community.

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was Spike Lee double dipping when he asked for money to create Malcolm X? I don't know why you nikkas have a hard time supporting your own kind. I have no problem with what he is doing getting kickstarter funds. You think this shyt is free. You must not know the expenses that are made on docs. That shyt you want on the Discovery Channel cost a lot more money that you think. Cacs do the kickstarter shyt all the time, but they are not being criticized and don't spend time criticizing their own. Depending on how much you donated you can be listed as a contributor to the project, even have your name show up as one of the producers in IMBD. Your skeptical mentality is the same mentality that cacs have when you want to secure a business loan at one of their banks. You need to open your eyes breh. There is a reason we are behind as a people and its because of mentalities like yours being so common throughout our community.
with you saying the exact shyt mr king flex preaches when he wants my money, you completely changed my mind. gimme hc1-2, all his dvd lectures, the cologne, the glasses, the jacket. i must support tariq :damn: group economics

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I remember when Tariq was being interviewed by some broad about Hidden Colors and the broad said he should leave the telling of African history up to people like Tim Wise :snoop:

Come to find out her husband was a cac :skip:

I'm not even sure what you're talking about here breh :dwillhuh: I don't have an opinion on the doc you posted because I haven't seen it yet. Did you confuse me with someone else did you just pop a molly before typing?

So let me make sure I understand this correctly. You're saying that the Moors who invaded Spain weren't black and the only "black Moors" were the ones who were used by the Arabs (aka the real Moors) to infiltrate West Africa only for monetary reasons?

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/The_True_Negro_2a.htm

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@HoopDreams94 I'm 25 minutes into this documentary and so far @observe is right. So far they've talked about slavery, the civil rights movement, Dr. King, and Malcolm X. Nothing so far anyone who went to the school in the US didn't learn during black history month.

I think there's a neg coming your way breh, you've been warned :uflabbedup:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
@HoopDreams94 I'm 25 minutes into this documentary and so far @observe is right. So far they've talked about slavery, the civil rights movement, Dr. King, and Malcolm X. Nothing so far anyone who went to the school in the US didn't learn during black history month.

I think there's a neg coming your way breh, you've been warned :uflabbedup:

Don't neg dude breh..lol

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
with you saying the exact shyt mr king flex preaches when he wants my money, you completely changed my mind. gimme hc1-2, all his dvd lectures, the cologne, the glasses, the jacket. i must support tariq :damn: group economics

You didn't really dispute what he said though :mjpls: