Hidden Colors 3: The Rules of Racism (Official Thread)

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Man, all this old childish ass hate. How the hell you know that man live in an all white neighborhood? I'm willing to beat he isn't the only black in his neighborhood. nikka, shows all kinds of video clips from some little spanish woman, to a fat black chick singing and these nikkas only want to focus on the few that MAY have some gay dudes in them. Because, a person is pro black doesn't mean they hate white people. So, why does the race of his wife matter. Who says she's even mixed though?

HC 1+2 has some shyt in them I laugh at including KRS-ONE(he on that illuminate shyt) although for the most point those shyt have taught me a lot of shyt that I didn't know.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Here's a pdf book that you can read that debunks that whole Black African Olmec hypothesis.
http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/vansertima.pdf

I'm reading through the document right now and there's a specific section I take issue with:

The authors state that pyramids in Mexico have no relation to the pyramids in Africa because by the time the Olmecs started building pyramids, Africans hadn't built a pyramid for thousands of years.

In 1200 B.C. the Egyptians either buried their dead in secret, as was the case with all the pharaohs of this period, or constructed small tombs that might incorporate small, pointed pyramids into their overall design. All of these tombs, such as those at Deir el Medina, were quite small, and none of them were more than about 20 ft. in height

Van Sertima does not explain why Egyptian visitors to the New World would have taught the natives to build pyramids that had not been built in Egypt for hundreds if not thousands of years.

This is incorrect because pyramids were still being built in Africa. King Piye, Nubian emperor of Egypt built his pyramid in 721 B.C.

NubianMeroePyramids30sep2005(2).jpg

GFYPeUw.jpg

And even though there were pyramids built after that (pyramids at Nuri) I specifically bring up the pyramid at El-Kurru because I mentioned King Piye in my African history thread.

And on top of that, George Reisner, the archaeologist who excavated the tombs at El-Kurru, said this regarding the possibility of the Kings he found being black:

It is with the names of these long forgotten kings and queens that we have now filled out the four centuries after the death of Tanutaman. But before Tanutaman, the life of the Ethiopian monarchy had been only a short one, consisting of the reigns of Kashta, Piankhy I, Shabaka, Shabatoka, and then our Tirhaqa, a period of only about eighty years. The royal cemetery at Nuri was founded by Tirhaqa. His pyramid, the largest of all, was the first king's pyramid to be built on the site, and that of Tanutaman was the second. Henceforth, the kings of Ethiopia were to rule only over their own land, the most barren part of the Nile valley, a country which owed its material prosperity to its geographical position as the land of the trade routes between Egypt and Central Africa and to the gold-mines of its eastern desert. The native negroid race had never developed either its trade or any industry worthy of mention and owed their cultural position to the Egyptian immigrants and to the imported Egyptian civilization. The early kings sprang certainly from the Egyptianized ruling class and had without doubt a large portion of Lybian or Egyptian blood in their veins.

Which brings me back to my issue with anything pertaining to African history being told by non African people. There's far too many instances of straight lies told by so called scholars and archaeologists (Bayard Taylor, Karl Richard Lepsius, Jacques Joseph Champollion-Figeac, John Campbell, etc) for me to believe their claims. Even with insurmountable evidence, their belief of the inferiority of African people won't allow them to be honest when it comes to our history.

Okay. But I wasn't talking about the Moors that went into Europe.

You said Van Sertima followers were stealing the history of people. Dude wrote a lot of books, so you might wanna be more specific instead of throwing out a blanket statement :ld:

And try bringing up the moors to a cac and you'll be faced with the same skepticism, disbelief, and anger about them being black.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I too cited that came across very strong in my opening post which was a mistake on my behalf

As I reiterated, it is a presentation (in some parts) of facts that were not researched thoroughly. Thus many notions represented can easily be debunked by anyone with minimal knowledge on History

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others in this thread (and all the other HC related threads).

1. Tell me specifically which parts you disagreed with
2. Post some link to resources that you feel would provide a better understanding of the subject

What are your thoughts on the documentary posted

Still haven't watched yet. I'll take a look at later tonight and post my impressions. The last person who told me about a documentary that was supposedly soooooooooo much better than HC told me to watch A Great and Mighty Walk by John Henrick Clarke. It was a decent enough film, but it really wasn't anything like the HC series, it was more about him telling the story of his life.

So if this documentary is garbage, prepare yourself for a A Great and Might Neg :ufdup:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You're reaching man.

Tariq has an editor or editors. That's just how producers speak. A producer may say, "I'm go to the studio to work on edit" doesn't
mean they're at the keyboard making edits. They're in there directing the editor or overseeing it.
Sometimes a producer may go through chunks of shot footage and clip the most important/best takes for an editor to cook with.
As an editor out here in LA, that's my experience.

You being rubbed the wrong way and listening intently for Freudian slips sound like self-hate/crabs in the barrel. Real shyt.
I'm not trying to attack you because I think many of us, even myself, are effected by self-hate. Its just been embedded in us.

People are willing, without any hesitation or afterthought, to give money or donate to projects by white people but when it comes time to
support each other, all of a sudden we become Sherlock Holmes and :lupe:. We don't trust each other.

Without question Tariq is trying to make a profit. This is how he eats.
He's also providing a service and reaching an audience that the typical scholar couldn't reach.

You said it better than I ever could. As a group, we've really been programmed to hate ourselves. I remember some cat on here was talking about black men need to band together and make a website/facebook page shaming black women for horrible customer service, but dude ain't have shyt to say when it came to all of the yellow cacs, brown cacs, and cac cacs disrespecting us when we go some place to spend our money.

I can't even front I have to consciously catch myself and remember that I'm still trying to deprogram myself from all of the bullshyt I've been exposed to under white supremacy.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I think Nas reps the cause fairly well for a brother with only an 8th grade education

I'm actually pretty excited to hear what Nas has to say, mainly because I'm a big fan of his music (where the fukk is Life Is Good 2 at though :comeon:)

But to speak to the bolded, I don't think we should place so much importance on higher education when it comes to speaking on the history of African people. Look at how many cacs with Ph.D's from prestigious universities did everything thing in their power to paint an image of Africans as a race of people with no true history, culture, or redeeming values.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I'm reading through the document right now and there's a specific section I take issue with:

The authors state that pyramids in Mexico have no relation to the pyramids in Africa because by the time the Olmecs started building pyramids, Africans hadn't built a pyramid for thousands of years.

This is incorrect because pyramids were still being built in Africa. King Piye, Nubian emperor of Egypt built his pyramid in 721 B.C.

NubianMeroePyramids30sep2005(2).jpg

GFYPeUw.jpg

And even though there were pyramids built after that (pyramids at Nuri) I specifically bring up the pyramid at El-Kurru because I mentioned King Piye in my African history thread.

And on top of that, George Reisner, the archaeologist who excavated the tombs at El-Kurru, said this regarding the possibility of the Kings he found being black:

Which brings me back to my issue with anything pertaining to African history being told by non African people. There's far too many instances of straight lies told by so called scholars and archaeologists (Bayard Taylor, Karl Richard Lepsius, Jacques Joseph Champollion-Figeac, John Campbell, etc) for me to believe their claims. Even with insurmountable evidence, their belief of the inferiority of African people won't allow them to be honest when it comes to our history.

You said Van Sertima followers were stealing the history of people. Dude wrote a lot of books, so you might wanna be more specific instead of throwing out a blanket statement :ld:

And try bringing up the moors to a cac and you'll be faced with the same skepticism, disbelief, and anger about them being black.

The author also described the olmecs not being nubian because of their features that's still prevalent with the lighter Sudanese people with thin noses ..and not the the dark nuba people that are decended from ancient nubians ..

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The author also described the olmecs not being nubian because of their features that's still prevalent with the lighter Sudanese people with thin noses ..and not the the dark nuba people that are decended from ancient nubians ..

Go to sleep breh :damn: