Hidden Colors 3: The Rules of Racism (Official Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Some may call it "hating," some may call it criticism from the trained eye and mind.

hidden colours is shyt, the first had so much disinformation/ sattire

they got some questionable guests in the series

now fukkin nas :patrice::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

Breh, what you wrote is the very definition of hating :pachaha:

Nothing about that comment is conductive criticism.

Yeah I agree, I come across abit strong here

Its because I dont think its the best, and very very very poorly made. It fed into many stereotypical brackets of black empowerment

before the white liberals get a chance, I actually have a project on atm in the same lane. The documentary above is my blueprint

Now it really looks like your hating because you got your own film you're working on. Criticize for the areas you believe he got wrong and post specific information on the topic.

I'll watch the documentary you posted, but reading the description doesn't make it seems like it's anything like Hidden Colors other than it being about black people.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
but for clarification...im not knocking it...because the other side of the coin is even more fukked up

its just not that serious to me...you can learn whatever you want to learn for free via the internet.
I got through all my race issues in my teen years...I dont care anymore.

Like I said...I was tutored in a black bookstore, had all those books in my house growing up...some of those cats even tried to get my dad to move to Israel.
Its just not for me.

How can you say you're not knocking, then make the comment it's nothing more than smart dumb nikka rhetoric :word:?

That sounds like you're knocking it breh :patrice:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I checked it out. And I'm not convinced. The information presented was vague.

Why wouldn't you think underground cities could exist there remember at one point arguably all of the continents were together...and it is also a prime candidate for a potential atlanitis advanced society.

It's also a massive research hub...with a lot of high level research going on there...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
How can you say you're not knocking, then make the comment it's nothing more than smart dumb nikka rhetoric :word:?

That sounds like you're knocking it breh :patrice:
I should have said im not knocking people for being into it...I can understand.
I just dont take everything presented in it as fact. Some of the people they use are less than reliable...and have a strong bias against white people (but I guess all historians have some sort of bias).

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i still haven't seen HC 1-2 :heh: i dont want to bootleg it but at the same time, i take issue w/tariqs hustling tactics. dude puts out kickstarter pages to get people to donate, only for him to turn around and sell the dvd to the same fans. dude is double dipping too hard for me.

i listened to his justification for it in older podcast. talking about how he has to pay camera men, editors, copyrighted material, flights, etc. then in later podcast, he slips up and admits he's doing the editing, filming and he uses public domain content for his movie. i aint knocking the dude, but he's bringing too much of his hustler mentality to the "group economics" arena

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I don't get it, if you don't like the HC series or the people that's in it, why come in this thread? Where's your guys research at? Cameras and crews?

It happens every thread breh. I remember someone made a thread showing African cities and it didn't even make 30 posts until dudes came in on that bullshyt :snoop:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
i still haven't seen HC 1-2 :heh: i dont want to bootleg it but at the same time, i take issue w/tariqs hustling tactics. dude puts out kickstarter pages to get people to donate, only for him to turn around and sell the dvd to the same fans. dude is double dipping too hard for me.

Not sure where you got your information from, but if you donate to the KS, depending on how much you donate, you get the movie for free. I donated to HC2 and I was one of the 1st groups to get a copy.

i listened to his justification for it in older podcast. talking about how he has to pay camera men, editors, copyrighted material, flights, etc. then in later podcast, he slips up and admits he's doing the editing, filming and he uses public domain content for his movie. i aint knocking the dude, but he's bringing too much of his hustler mentality to the "group economics" arena

That's a criticism I hear a lot of you cats make that I don't understand. Is your issue that he's trying to make a profit off of the information in the film?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just dont take everything presented in it as fact. Some of the people they use are less than reliable...and have a strong bias against white people (but I guess all historians have some sort of bias).

If that's how you feel, then post some links of people who you believe to be more credible. I doubt anyone in this thread will neg you for trying to present what you believe to be accurate information.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure where you got your information from, but if you donate to the KS, depending on how much you donate, you get the movie for free. I donated to HC2 and I was one of the 1st groups to get a copy.

well, lets clarify. you have to donate 50 and over to get a 20 dollar dvd.

That's a criticism I hear a lot of you cats make that I don't understand. Is your issue that he's trying to make a profit off of the information in the film?

i guess my criticism is there isn't nearly as much "group economics" going on as he'd like his donators to believe. he aint hiring half a dozen black folks to put together his film, he's doing it all himself and pocketing all the money. i mean, i know the type of slack jawed supporters this nikkas got, we all hear the phone calls. but im just personally conflicted on supporthing him. he did the same shyt with his school zombie film. i'm still kinda new to tariq so i'm listening to shyt in reverse. but the dude put out a film with 2 black ppl after shaming his audience for months to donate to his "black film project"

Daps
You just proved my point :snoop:.

Discrediting the information with a flippant remark isn't criticism. It's exactly what white people do when we talk about the injustices of America and they say "Well, why don't you go back to Africa ******?"

If you have actual, specific criticisms, point them out. Every time the HC series is discussed it's the same thing. The documentary is garbage, Tariq is a pimp and a fraud, and anyone who supports it is stupid.

Post what you believe to be inaccurate, then posts links to resources of what you think is a better understanding of the subject so we can judge for ourselves. The last time this conversation came up and I asked the same thing, and the only person who posted other historians was a dude who didn't even criticize the film

I have my criticism of the film and the contents of it too, but instead of doing what y'all nikkas are doing, I made an African history thread discussing great empires and people of African descent

The whole Black African Olmec hypothesis thing has already been brought up on this site & has been debunked.

Tariq & the rest of the Ivan Van Sertima followers are flat-out stealing the history of the Amerindians.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Wouldn't you expect them to be slightly miffed at the fact that white people went to great lengths to hide and revise our history and try to crush our spirits?

Daps
Why wouldn't you think underground cities could exist there remember at one point arguably all of the continents were together...and it is also a prime candidate for a potential atlanitis advanced society.

It's also a massive research hub...with a lot of high level research going on there...

I didn't imply that ancient cities couldn't exist under Antarctica. I was only saying that the information presented wasn't convincing.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
well, lets clarify. you have to donate 50 and over to get a 20 dollar dvd.

That's kinda how kickstarter works breh. You donate to a film because you want to get it funded, not necessarily because you want something in return. My most recent crows sourcing donation was to some open source software called GNS3. The software has been free from day 1 and will be free after they do some upgrades. I get nothing in return outside of supporting a tool that I think is valuable.

Same reason why I supported Spike Lee. I didn't necessarily want anything in return, Spike's just a great film maker who, IMO, Hollywood's been ignoring so I wanted to do my part in him having a movie come out.

i guess my criticism is there isn't nearly as much "group economics" going on as he'd like his donators to believe. he aint hiring half a dozen black folks to put together his film, he's doing it all himself and pocketing all the money. i mean, i know the type of slack jawed supporters this nikkas got, we all hear the phone calls. but im just personally conflicted on supporthing him. he did the same shyt with his school zombie film. i'm still kinda new to tariq so i'm listening to shyt in reverse. but the dude put out a film with 2 black ppl after shaming his audience for months to donate to his "black film project"

I catch his show whenever I can, including the Ustream shows, and I don't recall him insinuating he's doing all of the work himself. Post a link if you remember the episode.

I don't know where he's spending his money so I can't really comment on it :manny: