Hidden Colors 3: The Rules of Racism (Official Thread)

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
357x296px-LL-877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Can't wait, we really need this one.

Daps
ITT: "Let us be ignorant :sadcam:"
Beethoven's death mask doesn't "look Black" - it looks Germanic, his genealogy doesn't show Black roots or family (look here since you guys enjoy pictures http://www.classicfm.com/composers/beethoven/guides/beethovens-family/ ); the entire claim comes from a guy named J.A. Rogers, who is hardly a credible source. We'd know if Beethoven was Black or a mixed for sure, the same way we know the famous friends of Beethoven (George Bridgewater - Violin Sonata No. 9 was written for him and originally called "Sonata mulattica..." & Alexander Pushkin - considered one of Russia's greatest poets & "founder of modern Russian literature") had Black ancestry.

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I do no such thing. I've yet to see any scholars debunk the evidence that I've seen for Beethoven being black or the ancient Olmecs having African ancestry and influence. Neither you, that victorvonc00n, or any other poster cosigning you clowns have provided anything that refutes the claims that you're whining about. I'm all for debate and conversation but you have to bring something to table other than a c00n/cracker mentality.

and they won't refute it because they can't. The answers given for why Beethoven was called a 'blackamoor' is literally this "they were just playing and joking around"

:what:

that cac mentality is wild man
no matter how the Olmecs statues look, the writings etc...none of it matters. If a white guy didn't cosign it they won't believe it

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Beethoven's death mask doesn't "look Black" - it looks Germanic, his genealogy doesn't show Black roots or family (look here since you guys enjoy pictures http://www.classicfm.com/composers/beethoven/guides/beethovens-family/ ); the entire claim comes from a guy named J.A. Rogers, who is hardly a credible source. We'd know if Beethoven was Black or a mixed for sure, the same way we know the famous friends of Beethoven (George Bridgewater - Violin Sonata No. 9 was written for him and originally called "Sonata mulattica..." & Alexander Pushkin - considered one of Russia's greatest poets & "founder of modern Russian literature") had Black ancestry.
The thing is, I'd rather people just refute people then call them stupid (from both sides). Otherwise, nothing changes and people move along with the same views. In very few instances does calling someone a dumb ass actually move them. I don't agree with how HC reaches conclusions at all, but just shut people down logically. At the very least it will force them to make better arguments and someone sitting in the back can tell who is making sense and who isn't. I say this specially because the Immortal Technique was of reasoning is prevalent in the AA community given our history. So these debates, unfortunately need to happen.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Why do yall care so much about what happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago? How does it affect your life today?

fyi, I ask this of white people who love to say they are 5% Irish, 59%German 3% Indian etc...
Who the fukk cares?

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Why do yall care so much about what happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago? How does it affect your life today?

fyi, I ask this of white people who love to say they are 5% Irish, 59%German 3% Indian etc...
Who the fukk cares?
ALOT, especially when your told from every direction your a slave and haven't contributed anything to the world.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
:heh: Those pictures match the description of Beethoven given by those who actually knew him like Frau Fischer(a mistress) and many others about as well as the blue-eyed blonde haired pictures of Jesus match the Bible's description of him. It's not just J.A. Rogers, but even to his credit a lot of the information thy he brought forth is verifiable which gives it credence.

“His face reveals no trace of the German. He was so dark that people dubbed him Spagnol.” Emil Ludwig "Beethoven"

“Negroid traits, dark skin, flat, thick nose.” Frederick Hertz "Race and Civilization"

“His somewhat flat broad nose and rather wide mouth, his small piercing eyes and swarthy complexion, pockmarked into the bargain, gave him a strong resemblance to a mulatto.” Fanny Giannatasio del Rio “An Unrequited Love: An Episode in the Life of Beethoven”

“Everyone knows the incident at Kismarton, or Eisenstadt, the residence of Prince Esterhazy, on his birthday. In the middle of the first allegro of Haydn’s symphony, His Highness asked the name of the author. He was brought forward.

“‘What!’ exclaimed the Prince, ‘the music is by the blackamoor (a black Moor). Well, my fine blackamoor, henceforth thou art in my service.’

“‘What is thy name?’

“‘Joseph Haydn.’” Andre de Hevesy "Beethoven The Man"
Haydn was Beethoven's teacher, ad this next quote put the one above in context.

"Beethoven had even more of the Moor in his features than his master, Haydn." Alexander W. Thayer

These verifiable quotes and personal descriptions of Beethoven is strong evidence that Beethoven as his teacher were "black". You posting those pictures is laughable. Do you really think that those pictures do anything to refute the personal descriptions of what Beethoven actually looked like? Are you that ignorant?

"