Hiatus X Hiatus Returns aka Hunter X Hunter

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just want to see the Superman /Flash Duo that Gon & Killua become when they are older :blessed:

Didn't Gon permanently lose his ability to use Nen? He might be out of the story permanently breh.

If it was another writer I'd expect Gon to regain his powers somehow, but Togashi is the type of person that's perfectly fine with switching protagonists. Plus, even if he had is powers, Gon doesn't really have a motivation to be a hunter any more.

His whole reason for becoming a Hunter was to find his dad, which he did. If Gon came back I'm not even sure what he would be hunting for.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Didn't Gon permanently lose his ability to use Nen? He might be out of the story permanently breh.

If it was another writer I'd expect Gon to regain his powers somehow, but Togashi is the type of person that's perfectly fine with switching protagonists. Plus, even if he had is powers, Gon doesn't really have a motivation to be a hunter any more.

His whole reason for becoming a Hunter was to find his dad, which he did. If Gon came back I'm not even sure what he would be hunting for.
Dunno if you read a bad translation or what but Ging told Gon that he didn't lose his Aura but just went back to not being able to see it.
Said he got reset back to being normal but still has aura.
** I just did a quick look back at the chapter and he does say a price would prolly need to be paid to use it**

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There's ways to make it make sense though. Ging, Kurapika and Leorio getting trapped in the Dark Continent fighting for their lives would a story-driven reason for making Gon go back to using nen (would probably take another really fukked up binding bow though).

I could see Togashi going for that kind of scenario, but that would be take like 200 more chapters and we know for damn sure we ain't ever seen that number from Togashi. We'd be lucky to get 50 more ch. before he passes away :mjlol: :mjcry:

If anything, seeing Killua again might take more effort as the only reason for him to show up again would be Gon or Alluka being forced to go the Dark Continent.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea with the way the story is going, we’re a long ways away from Gon and Killuah poppin up, outside of a random “meanwhile back in…” detour.

Though I’m not completely surprised. Like breh above mentioned, Gon’s story came full circle and was pretty satisfying imo. Killuah was closely tied to it.

Whereas with Kurapika, the now fleshed out origin story of the Phantom Troupe, and Hisoka… that triumvirate is building towards a climatic closure as well…

…that we probably wouldn’t see until 2040.

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
I been trying to get Togashi-San's addy for weeks to send him this book so he can quit crying and finish the series. Can sumone help me???

GUEST_287ba92c-4680-487a-9e45-ec3caa6562f9

Look at this :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There's work done till chapter 418 but Togashi already saying his back is hurting again :francis: another hiatus incoming.

No date for the chapters that are completely done/ready to publish either (which should be 10 or so at this point), which is legit surprising to me. He has enough material to have like half a year of byweekly releases and more than a year if they decide to publish them monthly and finish up till 418 at least.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There's work done till chapter 418 but Togashi already saying his back is hurting again :francis: another hiatus incoming.

No date for the chapters that are completely done/ready to publish either (which should be 10 or so at this point), which is legit surprising to me. He has enough material to have like half a year of byweekly releases and more than a year if they decide to publish them monthly and finish up till 418 at least.

Yea it's trash, but also the give and take of (what i assume is) creator-owned IPs vs corporate/shareholder owned.

The pro is you get the creator's vision presented as they intended w/o interference, the con is no governance or accountability, so they can keep the IP half-baked or in hostage forever. McFarlane with Spawn is another example.

Whereas, for as fukked up as spider-man and x-men editorial can be with their creative intrusions, we know one thing that's not happening is us not getting spider-man or x-men content in a timely fashion.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wanted to get into this a few years ago, but the constant hiatus' turned me off. I can't handle Oda taking few weeks break, so there's not way I can take years long ones.