Hi-Fi RUSH (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (January 25, 2023)

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
What does this mean?

You sound goofy considering this game is truly an amazing game.
It means acquisition babble threads will have more traction than an actual game. An allegedly good game at that
That's my problem with the Xbox community. Its everything except games

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It means acquisition babble threads will have more traction than an actual game. An allegedly good game at that
That's my problem with the Xbox community. Its everything except games
If Xbox doesn't have games then it makes sense why they're up in acquisition threads, they clearly have nothing to do. What's the excuse for Sony stans?

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I'm halfway thru track 7 - The Climb rn. Game hasn't missed a beat literally :whew: Incredible game

I'm just now beginning to explore the depth of the combat engine, unlocking the alternate beat finish for Macaron really opens up the combat. the combos are always fun to pull off too, this game pulls off that "in the zone" feeling better than most.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
The parry timing on the final boss is fugazi af, half the time you parry exactly on time for the rhythmic parry sequence and it doesn't register 1/8th or 1/16th note taps. It only consistently works on 1/4 taps, shyt is making this way more frustrating than it should be.

EDIT: Also it's annoying as fukk that using the right trigger powers often makes it too loud to hear the rhythmic parry stun counter sequence if it's triggered right as you use the alternate powers.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally sat down with hi-fi rush.

Great game, my biggest gripes so far are legitimately the cut scenes and in game scenes. I need to be able to skip these they can kill the pace of the game if you have to restart more than once.

The battle mechanics are Low-key high-key kinda in depth. There is definitely some inspiration from fighting games which I am all about.

It's probably has the highest skill based double or triple A game that I've played mechanically in a while if you want to lean into that.

Or you can just put it on easy and mash through stuff.

The combat is my biggest draw personally though.

Last edited: