Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Intersteller.

The world's crops are being destroyed one by one by gigantic mass blights, but instead of, you know, diversifying and trying to plant mixed crops so disease don't spread, you double down and plant thousands of acres of giant monocrops so you just destined to get hit by another blight.

That might be a little too inside knowledge shyt, but it was stupid to me that the entire premise of the movie had the greatest brains in the world doing the most idiotic farming possible for their situation. Yet they sending spacecraft to distant galaxies.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Intersteller.

The world's crops are being destroyed one by one by gigantic mass blights, but instead of, you know, diversifying and trying to plant mixed crops so disease don't spread, you double down and plant thousands of acres of giant monocrops so you just destined to get hit by another blight.

That might be a little too inside knowledge shyt, but it was stupid to me that the entire premise of the movie had the greatest brains in the world doing the most idiotic farming possible for their situation. Yet they sending spacecraft to distant galaxies.
they did plant other crops.. by the time you're watching the movie, you see another farmer try and burn his whole crop down.. then they go in the lab and the doc says corn is going to die off JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER CROPS BEFORE...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
they did plant other crops.. by the time you're watching the movie, you see another farmer try and burn his whole crop down.. then they go in the lab and the doc says corn is going to die off JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER CROPS BEFORE...

The movie claims that "okra" has just gone down to the blight, that wheat went seven years earlier, and that corn was the last one standing. But that's beyond stupid, first because there are literally thousands of different kinds of food crops and no one disease would check out all of them, and second because if something did get diseased, the omnipresent monocrops like corn and wheat would be the FIRST to go.

If you started losing things like rice and wheat to a blight and you were worried it was going to spread more, you would respond by rapidly diversifying. Giant fields of corn would NEVER exist again - instead, you'd plant a row of corn, with some sort of squash mixed into it, beans on the side, then some potatoes, maybe a row of trees to block the wind, and so on. Even if corn was the only thing left to eat on the planet, you wouldn't grow giant fields of it, you would be growing all sorts of diverse fields spread out on different sides of different hills and shyt, to lower potential contamination.

And even if you lost every major crop - wheat, rice, corn, soybeans, oats, etc. - there are so many thousands of minor crops all over the world that would take far longer to succumb. People would start growing weird shyt like paw-paw and bitter goards and watercress and stuff that don't even have English names. And they would never grow it in monocrop fields again.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The movie claims that "okra" has just gone down to the blight, that wheat went seven years earlier, and that corn was the last one standing. But that's beyond stupid, first because there are literally thousands of different kinds of food crops and no one disease would check out all of them, and second because if something did get diseased, the omnipresent monocrops like corn and wheat would be the FIRST to go.

If you started losing things like rice and wheat to a blight and you were worried it was going to spread more, you would respond by rapidly diversifying. Giant fields of corn would NEVER exist again - instead, you'd plant a row of corn, with some sort of squash mixed into it, beans on the side, then some potatoes, maybe a row of trees to block the wind, and so on. Even if corn was the only thing left to eat on the planet, you wouldn't grow giant fields of it, you would be growing all sorts of diverse fields spread out on different sides of different hills and shyt, to lower potential contamination.

And even if you lost every major crop - wheat, rice, corn, soybeans, oats, etc. - there are so many thousands of minor crops all over the world that would take far longer to succumb. People would start growing weird shyt like paw-paw and bitter goards and watercress and stuff that don't even have English names. And they would never grow it in monocrop fields again.
you're absolutely right... i think this is supposed to be the end of the world.. hence the big dust storms daily and other shyt going on.. so in this scenario, they've exhausted all options. this blight is ending all crops, no matter what they are or how you protect them.. you seen in the lab, the corn was in a damn lab, under ground... no outside forces in play, and it still caught the blight

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
*for those who have kids*

PJ Masks.....

these motherfukkers can't realize they been fukkin up until the end of the ep?...even when their partners constantly tell them they are fukkin up!

Catboy: its all my fault...if i wouldn't have kept hittin Owlette in the head with this baseball bat she wouldn't be in a coma
Gekko: we tried to tell you

:pacspit:

Breh.....:russ::mjlol: dap + rep. My 4 year old loves that show.

As a kid voltron was the same way. They lions wait till 5 minutes left in the show to form voltron....bytch you could have formed voltron 5 minutes in the show and killed the bad guy....:russ:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
SOA

why the hell didn't they run up on the car or shoot out the tires when they finally got the drop on Zoebelle when he was tryna get away? All that time spent trying to kill him and now they got the golden opportunity and they do it in the sloppiest way possible
Zoebelle was the greatest villain on the show, he got away with getting over on them. Let's be real the sons with Clay were a better group. Jax was a bum and loser who never should been leader.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
The Breakfast Club...

why run around the entire school tryin to escape the counselor if you weren't going to escape the school entirely??...they should have just left....:patrice:

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
one of the plot holes that always piss me off is in jurassic park two when that big ol boat crash into the land all the crew is dead and the captain hand is still on the wheel, but the TRex is locked up in the cage. how all the crew die?

DID SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN'S QUESTION?!?! I've been wondering this shyt for years.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I don't think it was only blight though. I think it was also due to weather conditions, drought, dust storms, etc?

Daps
Saved By The Bell: fake IDs to be 18 to get into a club

When they found the bag of money in the mall, and were running away from the guys chasing them, they ran into a bridal shop, miraculously undressed, and moved mannequins, and changed into the same gowns and tuxedos the mannequins were wearing.

Zack could stop time, and moved out of the way so Slater punched Belding, and nobody noticed he disappeared

Daps
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory:

How the hell could Grandpa Joe get up after being in bed all that time, and Charlie's mom not say, "I've been cleaning your bed pan for years, and NOW you attempt to get up???"

Cinderella: Why waste time trying the slipper on all those girls? At the very least, he knew she had blonde hair. Why let the brunettes try it on?

Family Matters: What cop in CHICAGO leaves his doors unlocked, and how could he not charge Steve's parents for the thousands of dollars of damage done to his house?

How did Wille E Coyote order all those explosives, and materials to make traps without a valid credit card, and ID, and not have the FBI show up at his house. On top of that, where was he ordering from? There was no internet back then.

Daps
Beauty And The Beast: beastiality

How could nobody notice an entire castle's staff disappeared? How did they get fresh food and vegetables? There was no sun, and it snowed all the time. The crops would die, and the chickens wouldn't be able to eat, thus not lay eggs.

Why is Mrs. Potts like 65, and chip is like 6? There's no way she had any eggs left when he was born, and where is Mr. Potts?