Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

Superstar
Daps
Anyone big upping The Witch needs to really think about what that movie did well. Black phillip was not supposed to be funny, but when that nicca talked i laughed out loud in the theater.

movie was trash and unintentionally funny
I think it actually was meant to be funny. I loved the imagery more than anything. It wasn’t particularly unsettling, but it stood out enough for me to enjoy it as one of those folk tales. I think it was based on an old ass short poem or something, I got to look it up.

Daps
Anyone big upping The Witch needs to really think about what that movie did well. Black phillip was not supposed to be funny, but when that nicca talked i laughed out loud in the theater.

movie was trash and unintentionally funny
It's probably the best film about witches and the patriarchal construct around them that I've seen. While the dialogue was tough to digest and does take away from its scope, I understand why it was a necessary element. Definitely not a film for everybody, especially if you can't be bothered with subtext.

:manny:
Except this film did make a "serious commitment to horror movie pacing and payoff" - it's one of the best horror films in recent memory - I grapple with the notion it's anything but, other than from those who can't digest storytelling, character study, and subtext, because they've been conditioned by popcorn [mainstream] horror.

:manny:
And that's the thing - that's how witches came about, it was simply women rebelling against that very construct, because they wanted a voice: to have independence, power and a life of their own, not under the thumb of men, and what better way men could drown out their voice than by depicting them as evil, unholy creatures, during a time where everyone was in a God-fearing state - reinforcing gender inequality and smearing the image of women who pushed back against patriarchal society. When really, in fact, they were just "wise women who made house calls, delivered babies, dealt with infertility, and cured impotence".

Because that's all witches were, females wanting to become women. Hell, this shyt is still relevant to this day.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just watched this witg this girl

the slow parts I kept trying to have sex with her
Or we would be on our phone but we still paid attention

I’m going have night mares tonight I can feel it

Shorty going to spend the night I doubt we have sex tho she acting scary

demonic imagery

We had sex :mjlit:

No nightmares I slept good :mjlit:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I was good after watching it. But it'll hit you randomly. When you chillin by yourself in a dark house. Looking up at the ceiling and having images of that bytch posted up in the corner:why:
Or seeing Charlie in the corner of your room when it's dark

:huhldup:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
There were some creepy/disturbing moments. but overall it was just okay. :russell:

Movie could have cut 20 minutes off. First hour dragged a lot, but there were moments that kept me intrigued. How the fukk was the son not charged after the accident? :what:

Movie lowkey shytted on women at the end; calling them weak. :troll:

I liked mother! more than this movie, and I didn't think highly of it. Kind of wish I didn't spend 5 bucks on this. This is a rental at best.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
this shyt was crazy as fukk brehs. sat in the car afterwards like five minutes trying to process everything i just saw. lol at the guy who walked out 10 minutes in or whatever. if you can get through it, would definitely recommend.
Who walks out 10 minutes into a horror movie? :heh: His whole walking out gimmick is :duck:anyway.

But I agree that the movie was unsettling. :merchant: Not really scary but disturbing.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
There were some creepy/disturbing moments. but overall it was just okay. :russell:

Movie could have cut 20 minutes off. First hour dragged a lot, but there were moments that kept me intrigued. How the fukk was the son not charged after the accident? :what:

Movie lowkey shytted on women at the end; calling them weak. :troll:

I liked mother! more than this movie, and I didn't think highly of it. Kind of wish I didn't spend 5 bucks on this. This is a rental at best.
what was the son gonna be charged with, speeding? his sister was dying and there was something in the road which caused him to swerve. authorities would've easily verified that.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
what was the son gonna be charged with, speeding? his sister was dying and there was something in the road which caused him to swerve. authorities would've easily verified that.

Someone was decapitated. It’s still a crime scene. Plus he was stoned. :what:

Dude drove home with a body in the car. He should’ve been charged for something. :dahell:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was this movie good or not. I’m an hour in and it’s been a snooze fest

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This movie was trash to me.

I don't get whats so great about it.

Why dont you take your son bruh and get the fukk out of town.

You so smart n rich you staying laid up with this crazy ass bytch? smh.

What a dumb movie.

I liked the Witch alot better.

Last edited: