Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
saw this last night and im still thinking about it. especially after reading all the details i missed out on, these types of movies crack to me.

THAT shyt :lupe: :damn:

That shot right there deserves an Oscar nomination.

And the fact they held onto the shot for a good 2 minutes...but it felt like forever because you were EXPECTING her to jump at him. But she didn’t..she just chilled there...waiting...like a hawk watching it’s prey. And every second ticked by you just got more uncomfortable.

When i first saw it i saw her instantly when it cut to her and said “Hold up..I’m i seeing shyt :gucci:? “. Then within seconds the entire audience went :damn: :whoo::ooh::lupe::dahell:

When it comes to the movie itself. It dragged. Not in a bad way either. It was a certain drag that was uncomfortable because you knew shyt wasn’t right. And u knew she was gonna go left REAL quick. U just didn’t know when. But i like that :youngsabo:

Now i do have some quipes with it tho

The thing that threw me off was when Peter accidentally killing Charlie and him just taking the body back to the house the same way Ice Cube and Cuba took Ricky’s body back to his mama’s in Boyz N The Hood. Why didn’t you just call 911?

Now i get it wanted it’s shock value. Trust me i get it. But for the son just to casually go home and wait for his mom too see it the next morning was sick. Like “What the fukk is wrong with you :wtf:

Then another thing that kinda took me out of it was when Joan showed up and just casually convinced her to go to her house to that ouiji board shyt. Like she BARELY knows the chick and she just trusts her enough to go to the house. And then actually LISTENING to her and casting that spell in her OWN house was like :mindblown:

Idk kinda felt like lazy writing to push the story forward but i didn’t mind it too much

Overall i won’t be surprised if this gets nominated for an Oscar next year for “Best Picture.”
breh its funny you should mention that about the boyz n the hood scene.
when doughboy brings ricky home is my favorite scene in a movie. it shows you how horrible this type of event is where all they can do is bring the body home and how unprepared they are t deal with the situation. and the familys reaction is so raw...shyt is like perfect neorealism in a hollywood movie. the car ride scene in this movie hit me too. its weird cause as insane as it is i can imagine that feeling of experiencing something so horrible i just go home and leave it for a loved one to see

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
breh have you seen the japanese og movie ringu :damn::damn::damn:

yup the made for TV version and the movie version

made for TV version was way better IMO, the ending twist had me like :ohhh: and :mjlol: at the same time

then they watered it down for the movie version :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hated Babadook :scust: and actually re-watched Get Out for the first time a couple wks ago, actually focusing on the movie, and it doesn’t hold up as well I thought it would :francis:

Hereditary was cold tho

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
saw this last night and im still thinking about it. especially after reading all the details i missed out on, these types of movies crack to me.

breh its funny you should mention that about the boyz n the hood scene.
when doughboy brings ricky home is my favorite scene in a movie. it shows you how horrible this type of event is where all they can do is bring the body home and how unprepared they are t deal with the situation. and the familys reaction is so raw...shyt is like perfect neorealism in a hollywood movie. the car ride scene in this movie hit me too. its weird cause as insane as it is i can imagine that feeling of experiencing something so horrible i just go home and leave it for a loved one to see
Breh you really put a spoiler tag on something about Boyz N The Hood?

:heh:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Babadook and the witch were hot garbage. Same with midsommar. But this was a classic. Even if I didn't really love the ending.

But dude went too weird with midsommar. shyt wasn't scary at all. Just some artsy trash. Even the people getting their heads bashed in wasn't scary. shyt seemed cartoonish. I just don't fukk with horror flicks that gotta rely on shock imagery to scare people. Hereditary had one "shocking" image in the movie and it was used perfectly. It was essential to the story and it set the tone going forward. You knew you were in some real shyt at that point. But midsommar was just shock imagery for the sake of it. Maybe it was a good movie but it was terrible horrible movie.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Anyone big upping The Witch needs to really think about what that movie did well. Black phillip was not supposed to be funny, but when that nicca talked i laughed out loud in the theater.

movie was trash and unintentionally funny

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
when I first watched this, the ending did lessen the movie for me (still liked it) but after letting some time pass and watching Midsommar (I liked that but it's lesser compared to this), I have a new appreciation for this, and will probably end up possibly even loving this with future rewatches.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just watched this witg this girl

the slow parts I kept trying to have sex with her
Or we would be on our phone but we still paid attention

I’m going have night mares tonight I can feel it

Shorty going to spend the night I doubt we have sex tho she acting scary

demonic imagery