Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
IF YALL LIKED THIS, CHECK MOTHER OUT AS WELL
MOTHER will be too frustrating to watch for many folks..i love darren aronofsky and appreciated the mind fukked of Mother..but herediatrey was and is the best lineal and conventional horror film in decades.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Wtf could you cut.out :mindblown:?
The continual attacks on peter, I got it and understood after his mom tried to pull his head off. Some of the opening (things up through the death of Charlie) could have been cut, some of the run ins with Joan.

Movie was longer than it should’ve been. Look, I get a lot of y’all loved it. It was “just ok” to me, not good, not great, but not bad either. A lot of these “prestige” horrors are hit or miss for me. Loved babadook, hated the witch. Love an older Spanish movie called “the orphanage” and of course “get out”, but “a quiet place” was laughable to me.

Horror and comedy are always going to be two of the most subjective genres :yeshrug:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
MOTHER will be too frustrating to watch for many folks..i love darren aronofsky and appreciated the mind fukked of Mother..but herediatrey was and is the best lineal and conventional horror film in decades.

I AGREE HEREDITARY WAS CLASSIC AND BETTER THAN MOTHER

BUT I LIKED MOTHER N THOUGHT THERE WERE SOME SIMILARITIES THERE

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The continual attacks on peter, I got it and understood after his mom tried to pull his head off. Some of the opening (things up through the death of Charlie) could have been cut, some of the run ins with Joan.

Movie was longer than it should’ve been. Look, I get a lot of y’all loved it. It was “just ok” to me, not good, not great, but not bad either. A lot of these “prestige” horrors are hit or miss for me. Loved babadook, hated the witch. Love an older Spanish movie called “the orphanage” and of course “get out”, but “a quiet place” was laughable to me.

Horror and comedy are always going to be two of the most subjective genres :yeshrug:
Loved babadook but hated The Witch? :gucci:....yeah your opinion is officially null and void :camby:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It's a modern horror classic and most would put it in top 25 all time. Ann Dowd made that movie though. Remember how visceral her wails were when she found Charlie's body? :picard: