Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
OMG WTF

THIS shyt IS INSANE
90ZBXyXN_o.gif

Daps
Just watched this

the mother in the corner of the room on the ceiling, and the SILENCE, then again in the background when Peter sees his dad burned on the floor, and that naked smiling man with the gold teeth

:damn:

I knew something was up when the grandmother's room was open, amd there was a triangle on the floor.

The son also plays the terrorist in Patriots Day.

I had to look up the little girl to see what her face really looks like. It's not as bad as in the film...but it's still weird.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Honestly the main problem I had with the final scene was the music. That's it. Imagine that whole scene with complete silence. shyt would have been bone chilling. I hope they have a music free version on the DVD. Idk. I understand it was supposed to be some kind of celebration. And the music itself was pretty creepy. But it just fukked up the whole vibe of the film to me. Still a great horror film. Sometimes when I'm home alone in the dark I picture that bytch in the corner of my ceiling :mjcry:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

To me, all of the nuance, subtlety and originally of the film is weakened by a cliche, overly explanatory and wholly unnecessary finale. It's shocking, but ultimately it distracts from all of the incredible patience Aster showed in the build up.

It's a mechanical ending to a film that was anything but.

Edit: I haven't seen this since my first viewing many months ago, so I'm trying to respond to what I recall my reaction was then lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To me, all of the nuance, subtlety and originally of the film is weakened by a cliche, overly explanatory and wholly unnecessary finale. It's shocking, but ultimately it distracts from all of the incredible patience Aster showed in the build up.

It's a mechanical ending to a film that was anything but.

Edit: I haven't seen this since my first viewing many months ago, so I'm trying to respond to what I recall my reaction was then lol

I don’t think the ending is overly explanatory at all. It infers a lot. And yeah it’s definitely not as patient as the rest of it but I feel that’s how most third acts for horror flicks are because the tension has to be released. And the third act of this movie is definitely a release of said tension

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
If you go to the scene where he sees his reflection smiling back at him in the mirror and he excuses himself to go to the bathroom, peep the teacher. I only realized this because Amazon Prime has a feature that lists the people in any particular scene and I used it during the final attic scene and it lists the history teacher being there. I thought I was bugging until I rewinded.

It really pushes the symbolism of the doll houses and how that family was being toyed with the whole movie:mindblown:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you go to the scene where he sees his reflection smiling back at him in the mirror and he excuses himself to go to the bathroom, peep the teacher. I only realized this because Amazon Prime has a feature that lists the people in any particular scene and I used it during the final attic scene and it lists the history teacher being there. I thought I was bugging until I rewinded.

It really pushes the symbolism of the doll houses and how that family was being toyed with the whole movie:mindblown:
:wow: The thoughtfulness of this movie

Daps
I don’t think the ending is overly explanatory at all. It infers a lot. And yeah it’s definitely not as patient as the rest of it but I feel that’s how most third acts for horror flicks are because the tension has to be released. And the third act of this movie is definitely a release of said tension
The tension still could've been released without all that exposition, which I gather @HHR is saying, as it's certainly the only real gripe I had about the film. Wheatley executed it to perfection in Kill List without holding our hand.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The tension still could've been released without all that exposition, which I gather @HHR is saying, as it's certainly the only real gripe I had about the film. Wheatley executed it to perfection in Kill List without holding our hand.

So you’d prefer it to have been a tad more ambiguous?