Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I love that classic no jump scare feel to this movie. Gonna catch it again on Tuesday for that $5 AMC deal :wow:

:mjcry:

yeah Im going again....on my lunch break today.....

I don't know how yall can see this again so soon after seeing it. I'm still trying to get over it. I really do want to see it again but it really messed up my sleep for several days.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how yall can see this again so soon after seeing it. I'm still trying to get over it. I really do want to see it again but it really messed up my sleep for several days.
Im going to the 12:45 viewing down the street to emotionally scar myself off first viewing and I cannot wait :ohlawd::ahh:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I quite loved it. Genuinely surprised they used so much build-up before actually getting into the supernatural part. Up until then it could straight up convince you it's a disturbing drama about grief and self-destruction.

The hard turn into more "traditional" horror is a little bit jarring, mostly because of scenes that over explain the plot a bit too much when the movie's strength is its slow descent into the fearsome unknown.

The role of Joan being completely and explicitly revealed, as well as the info drop ending scene are all a bit too much.

It's insanely well directed too. There are so many little details sprawled throughout the movie that they show you, only to make you forget them until they pop up somewhere again.