Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Negged

And if you were in my theater,I would have turned around and told you to SHUT THE fukk UP which is exactly what I did to some teenage fakkit doing that same shyt

Grow up, everybody spent money to go, keep your lame shyt to yourself

while I understand...thats a dangerous game to play these days.....

Folks bring guns in theaters these days and nothing is worse than fukking with someone pride in front of people when they have a weapon....be safe out there

27FarOutRazor

I feel like Jamin’ Jerome…WHERE THE BIT€HS!!
Daps
So I saw this movie and I am going to say this movie was not scary or disturbing and I am not even a horror fan.

I really have to :martin: at one breh in this thread talking about "disturbing scenes that will stick with you"

:comeon:

That said, I give this movie a strong 7/10, because of Toni Collette, ol'girl can act her fukken ass off. I really hope she gets an Oscar nom because she really deserves it. I love how this movie was shot, the cinematography was phenomenal.

Ok on to the story, how the fukk is that son even related to the two blue eye parents? I was really waiting for them to say he was adopted from India or some shyt. :lolbron: That mole was distracting as fukk.

Can someone explain to me why she was doing miniatures of events in her life? Like the lamp pole where her daughter was killed? Her mother in a hospital room? Especially since she had a deadline with the gallery to finish the miniature for them?

Would I see this movie again? No I would not. :manny:

I told my girl the son don't look like nobody in that movie

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The last act brought this movie down big time. It became so generic and less creepy. I dont even know why they needed the ceremony when Paimon could already possess him like he did at the school. There are no clear rules

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
People said "Veronica" was scary, and I watched it anticipating a good horror film on the level of the likes of: The Conjuring, Sinister, The Babadook, or Insidious, and I was met with a bland, forgettable horror. There was nothing scary about it. Jump scares didn't even make me jump because they were anticipated. I was bored as hell constantly looking at the run-time to see if it was ending soon.

Now, I see this movie getting pushed as a horror on the level of "The Exorcist" and I am like, seriously?! :ooh:

So, tell me guys, is this movie a top-of-the-line horror or not?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Did anybody else remember

Toni Collete character say her mom was accused by somebody of trying to put people in them? :ohhh: who was it??

Yes, her older brother who was "schizophrenic" hung himself because he said that the mom was trying to put people into him.
:ohhh:

The last act brought this movie down big time. It became so generic and less creepy. I dont even know why they needed the ceremony when Paimon could already possess him like he did at the school. There are no clear rules

But if you read up on the demon Paimon and Satanists you know rituals are very important. Paimon in particular is sensitive to being praised.
A sacrific was probably needed for him to fully take up Peter's body. I think that was more Charlie possessing Peter's body in class than Paimon. She obviously was still upset about her death. Paimon wouldn't have damaged his next body like that.

People said "Veronica" was scary, and I watched it anticipating a good horror film on the level of the likes of: The Conjuring, Sinister, The Babadook, or Insidious, and I was met with a bland, forgettable horror. There was nothing scary about it. Jump scares didn't even make me jump because they were anticipated. I was bored as hell constantly looking at the run-time to see if it was ending soon.

Now, I see this movie getting pushed as a horror on the level of "The Exorcist" and I am like, seriously?! :ooh:

So, tell me guys, is this movie a top-of-the-line horror or not?

The thing is- The Exorcist isn't scary. It's funny people are complaining about "the hype" of comparing this movie to such a classic when the classic it's being compared to is more creepy than scary. I would call it unsettling. Don't go in looking for a tradition scare. It didn't make me jump but over a week later its still sticking with me at night.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

I'm a massive fan of the composer Colin Stetson. I think he is one of the best and most creative musicians on the planet. When he makes his albums, he does the songs in a single take with no overdubs (this Hereditary score has overdubs).

His albums use clever mic placement on his throat and his instrument, so the keys clacking serve as percussion, and he sings out of his throat while playing. Beyond that it is just detailed mixing. It really is mind blowing stuff.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
But if you read up on the demon Paimon and Satanists you know rituals are very important. Paimon in particular is sensitive to being praised.
A sacrific was probably needed for him to fully take up Peter's body. I think that was more Charlie possessing Peter's body in class than Paimon. She obviously was still upset about her death. Paimon wouldn't have damaged his next body like that.

Charlie was always possessed by paimon. From birth, because of the grandma. (Confirmed by the director.) She never had control or wanted revnege. That was all Paimon

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Charlie was always possessed by paimon. From birth, because of the grandma. (Confirmed by the director.) She never had control or wanted revnege. That was all Paimon

See, I'm not sure. The movie never tells us how much of the characters' actions is tied to free will or possession. That's one of the questions the movie actually raises in Peter's first class. In his English lit course, they were discussing if a tragic character was more sympathetic if they were destined to die or if their actions led to their demise. I think they planted that discussion there because the movie never answers that question.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
What the f*ck was this sh*t? :beli:

Horrendous movie. :beli:

Even with most bad movies, at least there is some unintentionally comedy to justify sitting through some b.s.

But this sh*t? :beli:

The plot? :beli:

Only somewhat interesting character in the movie was the little girl, and they killed her first. :beli:
It was already going bad, but as soon as they started introducing the seance sh*t....:beli:

The ending? :beli: