Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I saw two people get up, on opposite sides of the theater, close to the beginning of the third act, at my showing last night. I don't remember either of them returning. I think their patience was already thin.

Anyone else had moments earlier in the film that seemed to provoke subtle laughter from the audience, even though they weren't comedic moments? As if shyt was getting absurd?

I didn't mind the film, honestly. Glad I saw it. Funny thing people from the studio gave us surveys before the previews to fill out before and after the movie.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw two people get up, on opposite sides of the theater, close to the beginning of the third act, at my showing last night. I don't remember either of them returning. I think their patience was already thin.

Anyone else had moments earlier in the film that seemed to provoke subtle laughter from the audience, even though they weren't comedic moments? As if shyt was getting absurd?

I didn't mind the film, honestly. Glad I saw it. Funny thing people from the studio gave us surveys before the previews to fill out before and after the movie.
I laughed out loud when
Charly got her head knocked off by that telephone pole
but I don't think I had a lot of company in laughing at that moment.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
speaking of the mom, there was one scene in Pete's room where it looked like she was crawling in the air...anyone else peep that?
yeah that scene where he was in bed in the dark and you could see her in the upper left had corner. That was one of the best horror shots I've seen in years because they lit it perfectly so that you thought you were seeing things and I know I was expecting a big jump scare. :russ:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
yeah that scene where he was in bed in the dark and you could see her in the upper left had corner. That was one of the best horror shots I've seen in years because they lit it perfectly so that you thought you were seeing things and I know I was expecting a big jump scare. :russ:
THAT shyt :lupe: :damn:

That shot right there deserves an Oscar nomination.

And the fact they held onto the shot for a good 2 minutes...but it felt like forever because you were EXPECTING her to jump at him. But she didn’t..she just chilled there...waiting...like a hawk watching it’s prey. And every second ticked by you just got more uncomfortable.

When i first saw it i saw her instantly when it cut to her and said “Hold up..I’m i seeing shyt :gucci:? “. Then within seconds the entire audience went :damn: :whoo::ooh::lupe::dahell:

When it comes to the movie itself. It dragged. Not in a bad way either. It was a certain drag that was uncomfortable because you knew shyt wasn’t right. And u knew she was gonna go left REAL quick. U just didn’t know when. But i like that :youngsabo:

Now i do have some quipes with it tho

The thing that threw me off was when Peter accidentally killing Charlie and him just taking the body back to the house the same way Ice Cube and Cuba took Ricky’s body back to his mama’s in Boyz N The Hood. Why didn’t you just call 911?

Now i get it wanted it’s shock value. Trust me i get it. But for the son just to casually go home and wait for his mom too see it the next morning was sick. Like “What the fukk is wrong with you :wtf:

Then another thing that kinda took me out of it was when Joan showed up and just casually convinced her to go to her house to that ouiji board shyt. Like she BARELY knows the chick and she just trusts her enough to go to the house. And then actually LISTENING to her and casting that spell in her OWN house was like :mindblown:

Idk kinda felt like lazy writing to push the story forward but i didn’t mind it too much

Overall i won’t be surprised if this gets nominated for an Oscar next year for “Best Picture.”

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
THAT shyt :lupe: :damn:

That shot right there deserves an Oscar nomination.

And the fact they held onto the shot for a good 2 minutes...but it felt like forever because you were EXPECTING her to jump at him. But she didn’t..she just chilled there...waiting...like a hawk watching it’s prey. And every second ticked by you just got more uncomfortable.

When i first saw it i saw her instantly when it cut to her and said “Hold up..I’m i seeing shyt :gucci:? “. Then within seconds the entire audience went :damn: :whoo::ooh::lupe::dahell:

When it comes to the movie itself. It dragged. Not in a bad way either. It was a certain drag that was uncomfortable because you knew shyt wasn’t right. And u knew she was gonna go left REAL quick. U just didn’t know when. But i like that :youngsabo:

Now i do have some quipes with it tho

The thing that threw me off was when Peter accidentally killing Charlie and him just taking the body back to the house the same way Ice Cube and Cuba took Ricky’s body back to his mama’s in Boyz N The Hood. Why didn’t you just call 911?

Now i get it wanted it’s shock value. Trust me i get it. But for the son just to casually go home and wait for his mom too see it the next morning was sick. Like “What the fukk is wrong with you :wtf:

Then another thing that kinda took me out of it was when Joan showed up and just casually convinced her to go to her house to that ouiji board shyt. Like she BARELY knows the chick and she just trusts her enough to go to the house. And then actually LISTENING to her and casting that spell in her OWN house was like :mindblown:

Idk kinda felt like lazy writing to push the story forward but i didn’t mind it too much

Overall i won’t be surprised if this gets nominated for an Oscar next year for “Best Picture.”

:lolbron: