Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
brehs, when the mom was
sitting up in the corner while the son was looking around
shyt was crazy as fukk. did anyone actually miss that part? some people said that they did. there's a lot of things in the background that you have to pick up on that make the movie make more sense than if you missed them. and then when she
was up there cuttin her own head off
i didn't know what to believe brehs. the whole part with the father and the book til they went back to the treehouse was absolute dread for me.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A24 are the kings of online hype not resulting in much box office.
Well, they aren't a mainstream distributor. In fact, you can call them the arthouse alternative to Blumhouse. Both pick up smaller genre films but Blumhouse is a commercial powerhouse and A24 is just happy with the critical acclaim.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
brehs, when the mom was
sitting up in the corner while the son was looking around
shyt was crazy as fukk. did anyone actually miss that part? some people said that they did. there's a lot of things in the background that you have to pick up on that make the movie make more sense than if you missed them. and then when she
was up there cuttin her own head off
i didn't know what to believe brehs. the whole part with the father and the book til they went back to the treehouse was absolute dread for me.

Yep saw that, but earlier, it wasn't her, or at least I don't think it was.
When he was in his room it was Charlie, but when he went downstairs it was the mother.I think I have to see it again, but I'm not ready lol

I pretty much loved it until the final scene. I didn't care for that at all.

Still very unsettled right now.

So is that unsettled in a good way or bad way? :jbhmm:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
When he was in his room it was Charlie, but when he went downstairs it was the mother.I think I have to see it again, but I'm not ready lol

that was the mom in both the instances i mentioned, she had the same clothes on and everything, which was the white gown/dress whatever it was. you see that when she's in the attic. she was stuck up in the corner of the ceiling and ran across the wall, clearly wearing all white and then when she was cutting her head off, she had on all white again, and when her body floated up to the treehouse, she had on all white too. some people missed the part where she was sticking to the wall bc it was out of focus.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
that was the mom in both the instances i mentioned, she had the same clothes on and everything, which was the white gown/dress whatever it was. you see that when she's in the attic. she was stuck up in the corner of the ceiling and ran across the wall, clearly wearing all white and then when she was cutting her head off, she had on all white again, and when her body floated up to the treehouse, she had on all white too. some people missed the part where she was sticking to the wall bc it was out of focus.
I picked it up right away when she was in the corner in Pete's room. Of course at the time I didn't know it was her but the whole time I was like "the fukk is that in the corner :damn:"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Both

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Yeah, I keep going back and forth between damn, that was fantastically disturbing, and why, why did they go there? lol

Best comment on that article was this:

It’s kinda pissing me off audiences are shytting on this movie. Their attention spans are too infantile. They need a conveyor belt of jump scares to startle them in order to be deemed scary. A movie with tons of jump scares isn’t a scary movie. It’s a carnival ride.