Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He also doing this lil thing of "outside the snyderverse", when movies like Wonder Woman and Aqauman were successful in spite of the Snyderverse affiliation. Dont try to use the success of Patty/James and give it to Snyder.
Snyder is credited as writer and producer for the first Wonder woman.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Why do they have to reboot when they can simply recast? I feel like DC is trying to build up to something but they can't keep a superman or batman. When we getting Darkseid? Hurry up

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Snyder is credited as writer and producer for the first Wonder woman.
Producer means nothing in most cases.
He is credited for the story, not a writer for WW.
Alan Heinberg is the writer

Wonder Woman went through many iterations before it made it to the big screen. After Joss Whedon's failed script, Wonder Woman saw a whole host of other writers try their hand at the superhero, but, in the end, it was a script from Allan Heinberg, with help from director Patty Jenkins, DC COO Geoff Johns, Justice League's Zack Snyder, and Pan's Jason Fuchs that stuck.

In the end, though, Heinberg is the only one with a writing credit on the film, while Snyder and Fuchs have story credits.

Before you go "Story by is the same as writing" it isnt.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Why do they have to reboot when they can simply recast? I feel like DC is trying to build up to something but they can't keep a superman or batman. When we getting Darkseid? Hurry up

Synder's take on Darkseid was a perfect translation of TAS Darkseid to film...That could have been JL2 easily.

Alas...we will never get Brainiac and banished Kryptonians coming back in MoS sequels....

Starting from scratch requires a origin/world building scenario if they are trying to build a cohesive universe.

Synder's version had it but too many execs fukked him over.

They aren't giving fans enough time to breath....tbh 8 years is the right time to begin a new continuity....

97 Batman and Robin bombed...WB sat on it and 8 years later got the Chris GOATLand Trilogy...

Superman 2005 was a dud...WB waited 8 yeara...we got MoS...

Synderverse continuity is done allegedly in 2023 and by 2026/2027 we will get a Superman....so I guess that could work...

As I said earlier, we won't see Supes put in any real work until the 2030s....It will definitely be on that Superman Returns vibe...

Thanks Jimmy G...makes Superman fans wait to tell the same story that was told by Brandon Routh....

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If they dont reboot, they gotta deal with all the baggage and stuff that was attached to Snyderverse. Contrary to what some are pushing in the thread, Snyder/WB did damage to the IP. A clean break is needed, especially when you got new ppl taking over the company(Discovery) and someone else handling the reigns of the DCU.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
If they dont reboot, they gotta deal with all the baggage and stuff that was attached to Snyderverse. Contrary to what some are pushing in the thread, Snyder/WB did damage to the IP. A clean break is needed, especially when you got new ppl taking over the company(Discovery) and someone else handling the reigns of the DCU.

They could ride it out and deal with the fall out. An origin story or origin-lite tale is a waste of time and will flop.

Scale back on the budget, build out a cohesive universe....Don't abandon something that is still viable.

What happens when Flash and Aquaman do numbers? Then what? I think they will do an about face once the money talks and perhaps keep the continuity....

Look what happened with Ghostbusters....they failed with the 2016 reboot and Sony came back to their senses and reclaimed the OGs...

Should be an interesting 2023...

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They could ride it out and deal with the fall out. An origin story or origin-lite tale is a waste of time and will flop.

Scale back on the budget, build out a cohesive universe....Don't abandon something that is still viable.

What happens when Flash and Aquaman do numbers? Then what?
If Flash and Aquaman make bank...............they still over with. Again, trying to stick in that universe trying to repair what happened with the big 3 and Flash offscreen stuff, would be a waste.

WB are expecting Flash and Aquaman to make bank and be good. WB said testing for Flash was very positive. Which is why they removing all the Snyder stuff from it that's setting up other stuff in the Snyderverse. Aquaman 1 made a billion, I'm sure that will at least make 600M this time around.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I mean....that's cool and all but "Multiverse Of Madness" and "Love & Thunder" still made a fukk ton of money and "BP2" just came out....and is making a fukk ton of money. :dead:

So I'm not seeing this downward trend people are talking about.

And I don't take nothing I see on social media seriously. Cats say "damn, MCU fell off" then go see the next 8 movies. Box office don't lie.

And I'm saying all this as someone that hasn't seen 75% of phase 4. But people been predicting the death of comic movies for like 5-6 years, and it never pans out.

Fred.
Yeah but Every movie you posted made less than the previous movie in the franchise. Minus strange but that had the post Spidey stimulus just like captain marvel did after end game or iw can't remember which.No 2022 MCU movie hit a billy.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but Every movie you posted made less than the previous movie in the franchise. Minus strange but that had the post Spidey stimulus just like captain marvel did after end game or iw can't remember which.No 2022 MCU movie hit a billy.
That's because they couldnt release any movie in China......which is the 2nd biggest market to release a movie in. The last 7 or so movies in the MCU didnt release in China. That's an automatic $100M-$300M loss on all MCU movies right there.

For the Thor comparison, Love and Thunder's US BO beat Ragnorak's,
Marvel movies are still some of the biggest movies being released right now. But "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" was just shy of $1 billion and might have crossed that coveted barrier with a China release. "Love and Thunder" topped its predecessor "Thor: Ragnarok" at the US box office but not in total global sales.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's because they couldnt release any movie in China......which is the 2nd biggest market to release a movie in. The last 7 or so movies in the MCU didnt release in China. That's an automatic $100M-$300M loss on all MCU movies right there.
Didn't hurt maverick...

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I don't see why. The Snyderverse was a disaster. They should scrap it all and start over. They hired him to do just what he's doing. People just mad Cavill left The Witcher but he was the one who dropped a 1 million an episode role for nothing more than a verbal agreement to people who gave the keys to someone else.

They should have canceled that movie and done a tax writeoff on it like Batgirl.
Bro that's nothing compared to what he probably did and could gross as Superman.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Gaurantee 99% of them are Snyderverse fans

Gunn coming through and dismantling all the Snyder stuff :mjlol:
5H7n.gif
For some reason those idiot “snyder stans” think he made a killing money wise with those films. The fact is, as a guy who loves Snyders trilogy, DC didnt get a true success till Wonder Women with both fans and critics.