Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I said SO FAR. For Superman making him “young” and starting off at the Daily Planet when he was already relatively young and inexperienced in Man of Steel.

I want Kingdom Come. I want to see Gog. brainiac, Mongul, Darkseid.
Question, I'm not familiar with Supes comics, but from the older Reeves movies, it seemed like he worked at the Daily Planet as a grown man. Like all the movies he worked there, including where he fought Zod. So being at Daily Planet shouldnt be a problem. Also want to point out that the rumor is it's the early days as a reporter in Metropolis. Gunn hasnt confirmed that from what I seen.

I think the "young" stuff is being empathized too much. Gunn has said it's not an origin story. I think he may go the Batman route of him already being established, im hoping his dad already dead, and he been fighting crime for a minute. I think the young part is mostly referring to the age of the actor as well. Cavil is 39. Would probably be ~44 when Gunn's Superman comes out. And pushing 50 when other movies come out.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He ddint get fired over some metoo stuff. He was making some weird jokes :scust:

Jokes he had already apologized for but some alt right ppl brought them back up again, so Disney fired him. ThenI think he apologized again for them and he was all good in Hollywood :manny:

They got a 400M+ movie to sell to ppl. He gettin bushed after it's release :manny:
Inappropriate jokes that no grown man should tell :scust:

And Ezekiel Rage was worst villain in Johny Quest :scust:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Wait ... so they kept the flash actor? Afrer all the shyt he pulled, he s the last man standing?

Right...it is ironic, the least worthy actor survives all the chaos while the professionals get the axe, Cavill, Affleck, Fisher, Gadot....Miller smdh...

However...we must face reality, Hollywood is one some bullshyt. You got Denzel and Liam Neeson out here pushing 60+ bodying dudes...but apparently a 39 year old supes is too much for them.

Looking at it now..If filming started today for MoS 2...That is 3 years from now so 2025. Cavil would be 42...Figure MoS 3 or JL2 he is at the edge of 44/46. So I can see from their POV a younger Supes in his mid 20s can give them at least 3 or 4 movies.

All of this could have been avoided by avoiding BvS and giving MoS a proper introduction to the DCEU then Batman, WW, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Justice League.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cavill did the right thing getting rid of Dany Garcia, she and by extension The Rock have really fukked his career up, he needs to get a credible agent

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I just don't understand what the fukk James Gunn is trying to do. There was nothing wrong with the JL cast. Totally salvageable.

Not his work and they're from a different WB regime.

Gunn is part of a NEW regime.

New regime's ALWAYS want their OWN people THEY have selected when they takeover.

But you can already tell Gunn aint built for this.

Arguing with people twitter like Elon Musk about "decisions" when you're the one in charge? :mjtf:

Kevin Feige would never.

Gunn is the type who will have a breakdown if he receives heavy internet backlash :mjlol:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Not his work and they're from a different WB regime.

Gunn is part of a NEW regime.

New regime's ALWAYS want their OWN people THEY have selected when they takeover.

But you can already tell Gunn aint built for this.

Arguing with people twitter like Elon Musk about "decisions" when you're the one in charge? :mjtf:

Kevin Feige would never.

Gunn is the type who will have a breakdown if he receives heavy internet backlash :mjlol:
Yea he's been wilding

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Gunn is a goofy. Dude has made ONE great movie and DC is letting this man spearhead their entire operation like he’s Francis Ford Coppola or some shyt :mjlol:. The rest of his movies/shows are wack to middling. That’s a 2 good joints every ten film average :scusthov:.

GOTG 2 was trash, and GOTG 3 is going to be terrible too. He has no idea what he’s doing over at DC, but he’s white so he keeps failing upward. Zack Snyder is also a goofy, but for different reasons. Several characters he just didn’t understand or like, so he’d switch up their entire ethos and craft his own ideas about how the superhero/character would act if they existed in the world. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it was disastrous. He also lacks story telling proficiency. The only man that could essentially do a panel by panel recreation of The Watchmen, and the shyt end up being boring. I know, I know, but the director’s cut. Any director that needs a 17 hour cut to make a good movie or they can’t produce a good film is a goddamn struggle director. Damn shame :to:.

I don’t know who DC should have hired, but it damn sure wasn’t Zack and James.