Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
He ddint get fired over some metoo stuff. He was making some weird jokes :scust:

Jokes he had already apologized for but some alt right ppl brought them back up again, so Disney fired him. ThenI think he apologized again for them and he was all good in Hollywood :manny:

They got a 400M+ movie to sell to ppl. He gettin bushed after it's release :manny:
And that's exactly why Gunn's old tweets are set to auto delete now :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but Every movie you posted made less than the previous movie in the franchise. Minus strange but that had the post Spidey stimulus just like captain marvel did after end game or iw can't remember which.No 2022 MCU movie hit a billy.

Three of the top 10 highest grossing films of 2022 were MCU:

Counting "The Batman", that's 4 out of 10 that were comic movies.

So yeah....I have no idea where this whole "people are tired of comic movies" angle is coming from.
And none of these MCU movies were supposed to make that in the first place. :mjlol:

"A Thor movie made $760 mill" is not a statement I ever thought I'd see. Let alone that being considered a step down, box office-wise, from a previous installment.

Nobody gave a fukk about The Avengers back when I read comics, there's a reason Marvel still had the cinematic rights. Nobody wanted them.

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"A Thor movie made $760 mill" is not a statement I ever thought I'd see.
Which is $100M more than what JL made.

There's no way anyone can read those two statements and think that the DCU didn't need to start over or that Gunn just needed to clean it up a little.

Breh, if 10 years ago, you told me that a Thor movie would make $100M more than a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman, I would've hit you with the :stopitslime:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Which is $100M more than what JL made.

There's no way anyone can read those two statements and think that the DCU didn't need to start over or that Gunn just needed to clean it up a little.

Breh, if 10 years ago, you told me that a Thor movie would make $100M more than a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman, I would've hit you with the :stopitslime:

Exactly.

"GOTG" did more than X-Men with Apocalypse. :dahell:

When history is unfolding, people don't realize how crazy it is because they're currently in it. NONE of this was supposed to happen. I don't think people fully grasp how insane it is, that the MCU blew up in the first place. I haven't been into comics heavily since the early 90's, but in 1993 if you would've informed me of the current cinematic landscape, as far as The Avengers being at the forefront....I don't even need to finish that sentence. People would've laughed in your face.

But....you would've been 100% right.

Fred.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Three of the top 10 highest grossing films of 2022 were MCU:

Counting "The Batman", that's 4 out of 10 that were comic movies.

So yeah....I have no idea where this whole "people are tired of comic movies" angle is coming from.
And none of these MCU movies were supposed to make that in the first place. :mjlol:

"A Thor movie made $760 mill" is not a statement I ever think I'd see. Let alone that being considered a step down, box office-wise, from a previous installment.

Nobody gave a fukk about The Avengers back when I read comics, there's a reason Marvel still had the cinematic rights. Nobody wanted them.

Fred.
The Snyder/DC dudes really be holding on to these box office arguments and love to misrepresent stuff, like how China hasnt been allowing MCU films and still making bank :mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gunn is a goofy. Dude has made ONE great movie and DC is letting this man spearhead their entire operation like he’s Francis Ford Coppola or some shyt :mjlol:. The rest of his movies/shows are wack to middling. That’s a 2 good joints every ten film average :scusthov:.

GOTG 2 was trash, and GOTG 3 is going to be terrible too. He has no idea what he’s doing over at DC, but he’s white so he keeps failing upward. Zack Snyder is also a goofy, but for different reasons. Several characters he just didn’t understand or like, so he’d switch up their entire ethos and craft his own ideas about how the superhero/character would act if they existed in the world. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it was disastrous. He also lacks story telling proficiency. The only man that could essentially do a panel by panel recreation of The Watchmen, and the shyt end up being boring. I know, I know, but the director’s cut. Any director that needs a 17 hour cut to make a good movie or they can’t produce a good film is a goddamn struggle director. Damn shame :to:.

I don’t know who DC should have hired, but it damn sure wasn’t Zack and James.
It's not that Snyder didn't understand DC characters, he understood them from a very particular perspective

Snyder's DC work makes it very clear that he's a Frank Miller stan, and Frank Miller's portrayals of DC characters have always been polarizing

Superman being an aloof a$$hole is Miller's blueprint. Hell there are shots in BVS that come directly from Dark Knight Returns, not to mention Snyder copying that Bat v Supes battle from the same book