Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

Daps
I had a feeling this was going to happen, the execs just love fukkin the fans over.

Henry was the perfect Supes and it makes no sense to go the Smallville route...

And Cavill is still relatively young and in fantastic shape to play him....going back for a twenty-something Supes to fight Lex Luthor again in 2026...makes no sense...

I can picture it now with Gunn directing...
[Slow mo shot of Clark shooting lasers with a Beatles song playing]

We had Brainiac, Darkseid, and Metallo good to go for MoS 2....

I guess they didn't learn their lesson with Schumacher and Batman 3/4, or Routh's Superman, or JL, exec interference is a death sentence for a franchise...

:dead:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Brandon Routh? That you?
I had a feeling this was going to happen, the execs just love fukkin the fans over.

Henry was the perfect Supes and it makes no sense to go the Smallville route...

And Cavill is still relatively young and in fantastic shape to play him....going back for a twenty-something Supes to fight Lex Luthor again in 2026...makes no sense...

I can picture it now with Gunn directing...
[Slow mo shot of Clark shooting lasers with a Beatles song playing]

We had Brainiac, Darkseid, and Metallo good to go for MoS 2....

I guess they didn't learn their lesson with Schumacher and Batman 3/4, or Routh's Superman, or JL, exec interference is a death sentence for a franchise...
Henry Cavill? That you?

:youngsabo:

KGlock

All Star
Daps
no way, he's too big (physically) for it
it'll be aaron taylor johnson
_b8a0b7c2-037e-11ea-bb04-d92b2c522640.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, they won't. Too heavy/dense of an introduction. Imagine if FOX started with Days of Future Past. Granted, there was no expanded universe 20-25 years ago but an incursion level storyline is after a couple of challenges have been faced/surpassed and stakes are higher.

I don't see MCU missing on the 3rd chance to place the OG Starting 5 in a movie and doing so makes sense from the beginning or at latest their early days in the field. It's a slam dunk to please fans.
DOFP was a send off and passing of the gaurd.

Secret Wars is rumored to be the same with folks from the past films + other universe varients

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, hopefully this teaches him not to do anything unless stuff is signed first. Crazy his agent/Rock's manager let this happen.:mjgrin:
Wonder if he got paid for the Black Adam cameo or was it a handshake deal :jbhmm:

What was she supposed to do?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cavill got fired from the same job twice because of the Rock’s ego.

Air Gordon yah in…..Air Gordon ya out
Gotta give it up to Dwayne though. Tryna use his power to make us believe Adam and Supes were mortal enemies like they fought on the regular.